Fargo Season 2 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Again,its an unrelated film to the show and story. It literally has nothing to do with the show..

Breh, all due respect....but what series have you been watching?

There's literally dozens of call backs to Coen bros. movies. Overt stuff like the ice scraper and UFO....quotes, musical cues, etc.

So I don't understand how anything is unrelated. The Nolan example earlier had me kinda confused because if they made a "Memento" series and threw "Interstellar" shyt into it yeah....but if it was a series called "Memento" that borrowed from damn near everything Nolan has ever done....I couldn't be that surprised if "Interstellar" type things happen.

If you don't like the UFO :manny: I got no dog in this fight. I don't work on the show so it's whatever to me. I'm just trying to understand your angle.

Fred.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Breh, all due respect....but what series have you been watching?

There's literally dozens of call backs to Coen bros. movies. Overt stuff like the ice scraper and UFO....quotes, musical cues, etc.

So I don't understand how anything is unrelated. The Nolan example earlier had me kinda confused because if they made a "Memento" series and threw "Interstellar" shyt into it yeah....but if it was a series called "Memento" that borrowed from damn near everything Nolan has ever done....I couldn't be that surprised if "Interstellar" type things happen.

If you don't like the UFO :manny: I got no dog in this fight. I don't work on the show so it's whatever to me. I'm just trying to understand your angle.

Fred.
My angle is that its fukking stupid. theres a difference between musical cues and quotes that youd have to be a coen brother fan to even catch and having the entire story of both seasons altered by a fukking UFO.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
My angle is that its fukking stupid. theres a difference between musical cues and quotes that youd have to be a coen brother fan to even catch and having the entire story of both seasons altered by a fukking UFO.

Then I don't understand because I honestly don't see the difference. :yeshrug:

Fred.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Then I don't understand because I honestly don't see the difference. :yeshrug:

Fred.
:francis: you dont see the difference between them having musical cues thatd youd have to be a coen fan to even understand that its even a reference and them having a UFO come into a scene and alter 2 seasons of the show?

I refuse to believe that. There is a monumental difference.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:francis: you dont see the difference between them having musical cues thatd youd have to be a coen fan to even understand that its even a reference and them having a UFO come into a scene and alter 2 seasons of the show?

I refuse to believe that. There is a monumental difference.

Musical cues specifically? Sure.

But the show is filled with a fukk ton of references to virtually anything the Coens have ever done. Either overt (ice scraper, UFO), subtle (The Undertaker's intro was set to "Oh, Death" from "O Brother Where Art Thou?"), or oblique (body disposed of via meat grinder vs wood chipper). That's not even counting direct quotes, which there's a few of. Or characters clearly inspired by other characters.

You could probably sit there and, this is just a guess, but I'd say pick around 30+ separate things in season 1 and 2 that reference Coens films. I'm saying it's extremely bizarre to me, to pick one thing, and get upset about it. We're 19 episodes into the series, it should be pretty obvious by now this is a Greatest Hits Collection of Coens material. Because of this it's not as if the UFO came completely out of left field.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
People freaking out about the ufo is hilarious to me. It's literally been present since episode one. The fish tornado in season 1 was Waaaayy worse.

I never really understand the beef with that either. The news in the ep after the fish ep said a storm picked them up and threw them around the area. It's kind of rare but it does happen in real life during really bad storms/tornadoes.

Fred.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Musical cues specifically? Sure.

But the show is filled with a fukk ton of references to virtually anything the Coens have ever done. Either overt (ice scraper, UFO), subtle (The Undertaker's intro was set to "Oh, Death" from "O Brother Where Art Thou?"), or oblique (body disposed of via meat grinder vs wood chipper). That's not even counting direct quotes, which there's a few of. Or characters clearly inspired by other characters.

You could probably sit there and, this is just a guess, but I'd say pick around 30+ separate things in season 1 and 2 that reference Coens films. I'm saying it's extremely bizarre to me, to pick one thing, and get upset about it. We're 19 episodes into the series, it should be pretty obvious by now this is a Greatest Hits Collection of Coens material. It's not as if the UFO came completely out of left field given their career.

Fred.
You have to be playing dumb here. A crime drama just had a UFO show up and alter its story.

Thats about as dumb as you can get in a tv show. None of the other shyt youre referencing matters. Because all the other references were organic and flowed into the show naturally. Having your hyped up climax of the season altered because a UFO shows up and saying its okay because a character used a line of dialogue from another coen film is :mjlol:. Its piss poor writing and completely jumped the shark. It went full retard.

This season is hot garbage.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
you might be right, except someone did and there was only 1 person who 1 starred this thread

as of right now yr that only person so you can see where i'm going with this:youngsabo:
I had 3 starred the thread previously as thats how I felt this season was. After the ufo scene Im disgusted I even bothered watching this trash so I 1 starred it to reflect the season.