Fargo Season 2 Thread

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
How's this any different than fish flying in the sky in season one
If I remember correctly those fish did come out of nowhere right? I can't remember, but I do know I wasn't a big fan of that either.

The best part about the ufo was Peggy chili grapin it ":manny: it's just a flying saucer, c'mon we gotta go"

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'm waiting for the end of the season before I'll judge all the UFO stuff going on in this season. It might be like the ending of The Man Who Wasn't There (which also features a UFO) where they reveal that the movie's narrator and protagonist has embellished the story greatly so he could sell it to every gimmicky men magazine out there. Or it might just be trolling because so many people still fell for the 'This is a true story' shyt from Season 1. :russ:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
I'm waiting for the end of the season before I'll judge all the UFO stuff going on in this season. It might be like the ending of The Man Who Wasn't There (which also features a UFO) where they reveal that the movie's narrator and protagonist has embellished the story greatly so he could sell it to every gimmicky men magazine out there. Or it might just be trolling because so many people still fell for the 'This is a true story' shyt from Season 1. :russ:
i'd be :beli: someone still was on that 'this is a true story'

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That UFO scene was bar none the dumbest fukking thing Ive seen on a tv show in a while.

Talk about jumping the shark with quirkiness for the sake of quirkiness. Bad enough they had the cops all switching to wearing the exact same clothes while theyre trying to be undercover but then they roll out a fukking UFO just :laff:

And why was martin freeman narrating other than fan service. And they cant even come up with a reason the indian snapped and betrayed them so they just use a lazy nobody knows voiceover. That was top to bottom the worst episode of this entire show.

Anybody defending that shyt isnt being honest with themselves.

Any other show if a ufo fukking shows up to conveintly save one of the major characters the show would be laughed at and ridiculed as it should. A fukking ufo brehs. This isnt a sci fi show. This isnt the x files. Its mostly been a quirky crime drama with some black comedy thrown in.

This shyt was so mind numbingly dumb I cant stop laughing at how absurd it is. It has me picturing watching Hannibal,or the wire,or sopranos and a ufo showing up :mjlol: and people in this thread talking about :wow: oh its a goat now :mjlol: fukk outta here.

Uh....:patrice:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume you never seen "The Man Who Wasn't There", by the Coens.

There's a UFO in it. And no, it has nothing to do with the main plot. It just kinda pops up a couple times. A character even mentions seeing aliens.

I pointed this out after the first ep aired.

Fred.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Uh....:patrice:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume you never seen "The Man Who Wasn't There", by the Coens.

There's a UFO in it. And no, it has nothing to do with the main plot. It just kinda pops up a couple times. A character even mentions seeing aliens.

I pointed this out after the first ep aired.

Fred.
...and? Ive seen the film. This has nothing to do with that film.

Thats like saying if they made a tv show based on say the film memento and a human travels to meet the character from the 5th dimension in the future its okay because christopher nolan also made Interstellar.

Like,you can't just excuse it and explain it because an unrelated film by the creators of the film a tv show is based on had a similar stupid eccentric scene.

The UFO literally altered the story line and saved a characters life which that same character showed up in season 1. It was flat out dumb and absurd.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
...and? Ive seen the film. This has nothing to do with that film.

Thats like saying if they made a tv show based on say the film memento and a human travels to meet the character from the 5th dimension in the future its okay because christopher nolan also made Interstellar.

Like,you can't just excuse it and explain it because an unrelated film by the creators of the film a tv show is based on had a similar stupid eccentric scene.

The UFO literally altered the story line and saved a characters life which that same character showed up in season 1. It was flat out dumb and absurd.

The UFO altered the story line in the movie and lead to Big Dave's death. His entire personality changed after he was "abducted". His wife hinted at that's why he cheated on her.

A UFO appeared in the movie to multiple characters....and it abducted one, which directly lead to a death....and there was maybe aliens....how you seen that like :manny: yet have such a big problem with this show is extremely :dahell:

It's more or less the exact same narrative device. I don't understand how you can accept the ice scraper from the movie "Fargo" in season 1, but not the UFO from "The Man Who Wasn't There" in season 2. This series is basically The Coens Greatest Hits.

Hell, never mind all that. As I said before we're going by second hand accounts of what happened. The first and second season (if not every season) of this show exist in the book we seen in the intro. So seeing a UFO =/= there was actually a UFO there. Kinda like the movie. Hell, they even used the same narrative device of a guy telling you his version of what happened, which may or may not be accurate.

Fred.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The UFO altered the story line in the movie and lead to Big Dave's death. His entire personality changed after he was "abducted". His wife hinted at that's why he cheated on her.

A UFO appeared in the movie to multiple characters....and it abducted one, which directly lead to a death....and there was maybe aliens....how you seen that like :manny: yet have such a big problem with this show is extremely :dahell:

It's more or less the exact same narrative device. I don't understand how you can accept the ice scraper from the movie "Fargo" in season 1, but not the UFO from "The Man Who Wasn't There" in season 2. This series is basically The Coens Greatest Hits.

Hell, never mind all that. As I said before we're going by second hand accounts of what happened. The first and second season (if not every season) of this show exist in the book we seen in the intro. So seeing a UFO =/= there was actually a UFO there. Kinda like the movie. Hell, they even used the same narrative device of a guy telling you his version of what happened, which may or may not be accurate.

Fred.
Again,its an unrelated film to the show and story. It literally has nothing to do with the show. If it was shoehorned in because of the film then its still stupid as shyt and terrible fan service. It was an abolute jump the shark moment and ludicrous.

The ice scraper scene connected the show to events of the film of the same name,so why would I have a problem with that? Thats fan service done right and cleverly tied up a loose end from the movie Fargo showing what happened to the money in the snow. Thats good writing.

Having a UFO suddenly appear and explaining it away as well maybe it didnt actually happen and some unrelated coen film also had a UFO is ridiculous. The explanation is as dumb as the scene,because there is no explanation that makes having a crime drama having a UFO appear not absurd. It was stupid in that film,and it was stupid here.

If s3 suddenly has "the dude" walk in and save a character then leave Im going to say it is just as dumb.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Again,its an unrelated film to the show and story. It literally has nothing to do with the show. If it was shoehorned in because of the film then its still stupid as shyt and terrible fan service. It was an abolute jump the shark moment and ludicrous.

The ice scraper scene connected the show to events of the film of the same name,so why would I have a problem with that? Thats fan service done right and cleverly tied up a loose end from the movie Fargo showing what happened to the money in the snow. Thats good writing.

Having a UFO suddenly appear and explaining it away as well maybe it didnt actually happen and some unrelated coen film also had a UFO is ridiculous. The explanation is as dumb as the scene,because there is no explanation that makes having a crime drama having a UFO appear not absurd. It was stupid in that film,and it was stupid here.

If s3 suddenly has "the dude" walk in and save a character then leave Im going to say it is just as dumb.
Hanzee saw the lights of it when he was coming out the Waffle Hut and lost 2 hours.

I thought it was weak that Lou was saved by its appearance though.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Hanzee saw the lights of it when he was coming out the Waffle Hut and lost 2 hours.

I thought it was weak that Lou was saved by its appearance though.
I've honestly refrained from talking about the UFO stuff until this point,but that was too much for me. All the other stuff in the season was basically background noise to the show so it was easy to brush off.

We'll see how the finale plays out but I was looking forward to the masscare scene/episode that was being hyped and to have.......that happen just,ugh. It was too far,too silly.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
tumblr_nz49lpyINr1s8esgpo9_r1_1280.jpg

fargo-ufo-11.gif

tumblr_nz49lpyINr1s8esgpo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nz49lpyINr1s8esgpo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_nz49lpyINr1s8esgpo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_nz49lpyINr1s8esgpo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_nz49lpyINr1s8esgpo7_1280.jpg

fargo-flying-saucer1.gif

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
OK does anyone else besides me think the UFOs appearance might have anything to do with hank being shot. They made it a point to show that hank was related to the UFOs in some way, and they just randomly appeared just seconds after him being shot. Or should I just go back to nothing thinking too hard about this.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
OK does anyone else besides me think the UFOs appearance might have anything to do with hank being shot. They made it a point to show that hank was related to the UFOs in some way, and they just randomly appeared just seconds after him being shot. Or should I just go back to nothing thinking too hard about this.

Y'all are wasting your time trying to analyze any of this. Went from classic to Lost Season 6 status.