Fargo Season 2 Thread

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina
'Fargo' season 3 plan revealed: Characters may return

Fargo
Posted December 3 2015 — 7:39 PM EST

Fargo is leaving the 20th century behind for season 3.

FX’s acclaimed anthology drama was set in 2006 for its Emmy-winning debut season last year, and then the action shifted to 1979 for its current second season.

Season 3 will take place a couple years after the first season, EW has learned exclusively.

“It’s more contemporary,” showrunner Noah Hawley said when asked about the season 3 time period. “It’s set a couple years after season 1.”

Asked if this means some characters from the first season will return (or maybe even we’ll see older versions of characters from season 2), the writer-producer replied, “Potentially.”

The two seasons of Fargo have had entirely different casts, though one key character, Lou Solverson, was played by different actors in both seasons (Keith Carradine in season 1 and Patrick Wilson in season 2). Solverson’s daughter Molly (Allison Tolman) was a main character the first year, and a young minor character this year. Given that those two characters were in both seasons, one would suppose they’re among the most likely to continue in some capacity in season 3. But Hawley has also previously expressed some reluctance to put Molly Solverson through the dramatic wringer again, given her character’s satisfying season 1 arc.

We also asked Hawley if there were any hints about season 3 planted in the current season of Fargo, which FX recently renewed.

WANT MORE EW? Subscribe now to keep up with the latest in movies, television, and music.

“There are going to be connections, the way the first year was connected to the movie and the second year was connected to the first, but I think part of the fun is figuring that stuff out and I wouldn’t want to take that away from anybody,” he said. “There will be definitely things that connect to something in our story.”

Hawley noted the show’s setting always has to at least be a few years in the past given the show “based on a true story format.”

“The idea of the ‘true story’ is it always has to be at least a few years ago, because the idea is we finally know what really happened and it took time – because the book doesn’t come out until five or six years after,” he said.

Fargo has been building toward a dramatic confrontation and the fabled “Massacre at Sioux Falls” all season, and there are only two episodes left. Fargo airs Monday nights on FX. Is there any chance Kansas City enforcer Mike Milligan (Bokeem Woodbine) can somehow survive so he can return next season, around 60 years old and more lethal than ever?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i wanna know though how she got that role. im surprised dunst got the role she did, she looks awful. She aged like actual shyt, shes only 33 and looks like shes pushing mid 50s, she looks like she could be her husbands mom if anything

Seriously, how hard is it to understand that this what she is SUPPOSED to look like for the role ??

:snoop:

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
I think Peggy paralyzed Dodd when she smacked him after stabbing him in the foot. Golly she gully. Also why did she stab Hanzee for? Now they are dead. DEAD DEAD DEAD.

Anyways, as far as Season 3 is considered, I hope they involved the Solversons somehow whether is ol Gus or Molly or maybe Gus daughter from season 1 as she would be old enough to be in law enforcement. Thats the tie in to all the seasons. And hopefully there are more tie-ins to the movie.

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
Anyways, as far as Season 3 is considered, I hope they involved the Solversons somehow whether is ol Gus or Molly or maybe Gus daughter from season 1 as she would be old enough to be in law enforcement.
2 things
- you assume she'll beat her cancer and is still living in season 3 which brings the question why isn't she mentionned at all in season 1
- why would she end up being in law enforcement ? :patrice:

also they should lettuce enjoy this season first, we'll talk about season 3 once the finale airs

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
2 things
- you assume she'll beat her cancer and is still living in season 3 which brings the question why isn't she mentionned at all in season 1
- why would she end up being in law enforcement ? :patrice:

also they should lettuce enjoy this season first, we'll talk about season 3 once the finale airs

I didn't mean Molly's mom. I meant Molly and her new family with Gus Grimly. Gus has a daughter in season 1 who was like 12-15 years old or something to nature and since the 3rd season is a few years after she should be in her 20s. The writer was asked if he would continue having the solversons involved in the FORGOERY as a way to tie all 3 season together, he said he didn't want to bring Molly into it as she had a nice happy ending in season 1. So i hope they keep the solversons in the story somehow. And I don't think her mom is dead. Even though I don't think we saw her, Im sure Lou mentioned her. I gotta watch season 1 over again to be sure..

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
I didn't mean Molly's mom. I meant Molly and her new family with Gus Grimly. Gus has a daughter in season 1 who was like 12-15 years old or something to nature and since the 3rd season is a few years after she should be in her 20s. The writer was asked if he would continue having the solversons involved in the FORGOERY as a way to tie all 3 season together, he said he didn't want to bring Molly into it as she had a nice happy ending in season 1. So i hope they keep the solversons in the story somehow. And I don't think her mom is dead. Even though I don't think we saw her, Im sure Lou mentioned her. I gotta watch season 1 over again to be sure..
oh shyt my bad bruh
I confused the names and everything

smh I can't read for shyt
*logs off*

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I think she stsbbed him bc she panicked AND she didn't fully trust him. Plus, they just want it all to be over with.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But remember he said the show has to be a few years Before current times so I doubt it

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Promo for next week's episode "The Castle". :whew: at all them goons:

Fred.

That promo had some of the most ominous music I have ever heard from the show. The score has always been good, but damn you can tell shyt is about to go down in these last two episodes.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
was I the ony one who thought this weeks ep was comedy?

When Hanzee walked in the cabin and told Fat Damon to sit down, and he said, "What if we say no?"

The looks they gave each other were hilarious :heh: