Fargo Season 2 Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
the indians entire character is dripping with the magic negro trope. i like breh too, but goddamn, i half expect this native to summon rain at this point

:dwillhuh:

Don't really see this at all. I could maybe understand if he was out scalping cats or killing people with a tomahawk. He's just an A1 goon.

Fred.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh:

Don't really see this at all. I could maybe understand if he was out scalping cats or killing people with a tomahawk. He's just an A1 goon.

Fred.
magic negro trope aint really about killing. it's about how they present certain characters as mysterious and insightful.

The Magical Negro is a supporting stock character in American cinema who is portrayed as coming to the aid of a film's white protagonists.[1] Magical Negro characters, who often possess special insight or mystical powers, have long been a tradition in American fiction.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Negro#cite_note-race-2

breh has single handedly figured out a crime that would have gone undetected, and traced the killers in their tracks with his batman level detective skills. only difference is they made him eventually turn on the white protag.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
magic negro trope aint really about killing. it's about how they present certain characters as mysterious and insightful.

breh has single handedly figured out a crime that would have gone undetected, and traced the killers in their tracks with his batman level detective skills. only difference is they made him eventually turn on the white protag.

Can't agree, he doesn't just exist to aid the white protagonist. He's more like a Native Indian version of Rambo from First Blood combined with Anton from No Country For Old Men. The most you could say is that he has stereotypical Native Indian borderline supernatural tracking skills, but that's totally different from a "magic negro" character.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can't agree, he doesn't just exist to aid the white protagonist. He's more like a Native Indian version of Rambo from First Blood combined with Anton from No Country For Old Men. The most you could say is that he has stereotypical Native Indian borderline supernatural tracking skills, but that's totally different from a "magic negro" character.
he was a c00n for the entire season. then he snapped from a little bit too much overt bigotry. up until that point, he was basically a lap dog for cacs.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And with his extensive military training, is it a stretch that he's better at finding clues than some cops in Fargo?

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
I wasn't a fan of the way Dodd went out, I understand Hanzee was beyond fed up and was going scorched earth at that point, but the moment he walked into that cabin and didn't immediately kill Ed and Peggy I knew Dodd likely wouldn't make it pass this episode. My question is what exactly was Hanzee plan if he wasn't planning on killing them and rescuing Dodd. And someone remind me if Dodd was as disrespectful to Hanzee in earlier episodes as he was in this one. Seemed a bit overt.

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina
ANOTHER WEEK OF FARGOERY HAS BLESSED US BREHS :ohlawd:

YOU KNOW AN EPISODE IS GONNA BE LIT WHEN THE OPENING SONG SOUNDS LIKE A FUSION OF HAKUNA MATATA AND FUTURE HENDRIX STRAIGHT OUTTA ZAMUNDA :krs:

"WHERE WILL YOU GO? YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH! WHERE WILL YOU GO? YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!:ooh:"

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THINKING AND BEING :dahell:

CACSTIN DUNST LOSING HER GOD DAMN MIND SPEAKING TO AN IMAGINARY CARL JUNG TYPE BREH :wtf:

EVEN THE HOH AMBASSADOR HIMSELF DODD WANTS NO PART OF THIS CRAZY bytch :heh:

SIMPLE SAM MALONE OUT HERE LOOKING LIKE HE ABOUT TO CONVERT TO HINDUISM WITH THAT EXPANDING RED DOT ON HIS FOREHEAD :pachaha: BETTER CALL A MEDIC BREH :whoa:

CACSTIN DUNST & FAT DAMON ON THE RUN TO A BUMfukk, IDAHO TYPE CABIN WITH DODD AS THEIR PRISONER :leon: WONDER HOW THIS WILL TURN OUT :lupe:

FAT DAMON OUT HERE MAKING CALL AFTER CALL TO THE GERHARDT COMPOUND WITHOUT ANYONE GIVING A SINGLE fukk :mjlol:

TIME FOR SOME HAMBURGER HELPER YOU FAT b*stard :mjcry:

MEANWHILE, CACSTIN DUNST OUT HERE SPOON FEEDING DODD HER HOMEMADE BEANS :scust:

DODD LOOKING LIKE HE ATE SOME ASS :shaq: WITH ALL THAT BROWN shyt BY HIS MOUTH :scust:

MY nikka CHEROKEE CHIGURH JUST WANTED SOME WATER BREHS :wow:

"DID YOU SPIT IN MY WATER?" :leostare:

:mjpls:

:martin: POUR ME SOME TEQUILA IN FRONT OF ME

:mjpls: YOU DON'T WANT TO BE AN AMERICAN?

:why: I SERVED IN NAM YOU CAC fukk

:mjpls: GET OUT OF HERE

THESE DUMB HILLBILLY CACS COULDN'T LEAVE THE REDMAN ALONE :snoop:

fukk IT :myman:

tumblr_n4fsllRtgE1qcga5ro1_500.gif

THE WHOLE CABIN SCENARIO IS PURE FARGOERY :pachaha:

PUTTING THE PILLOWCASE ON DODD'S HEAD LIKE A KLANSMAN SO THEY CAN SLEEP WITHOUT HIM STARING :heh:

CHEROKEE CHIGURH MEANWHILE HAS LOCATED CACSTIN'S SECRET DREAMWEAVING LESBO HIPPY BOSS :youngsabo:

THERE WON'T BE ANY SCISSORING ACTION GOING ON TONIGHT LADIES :shaq:

FAT DAMON FINALLY MAKING THE CALL TO MIKE TRILLIGAN :banderas:

FIRST THE UNDERTAKER AND DOUBLE DRAGON GET MURKED....NOW HE AND 8BALL ABOUT TO SEND DODD 6 FEET UNDER :demonic:

THE CONVENIENCE STORE SCENE :salute: PAYING HOMAGE TO A CLASSIC

DODD MEANWHILE GETS FREE AND HAS FAT DAMON HANGING FROM HIS NECK :mindblown:

HOW THE HELL THOSE BEAMS SUPPORTING THAT FAT fukk :damn:

CACSTIN SAVE THE OBESE SON OF A bytch :damn:

STAB TO THE FOOT :krs:

CACSTIN A RIDE OR DIE bytch :salute:

YOU AIN'T SAVED YET...CHEROKEE IS HERE FOR BLOOD :demonic:

GERHARDT BLOOD :ooh:

SHOT TO THE MELON :ohlawd:

TREAT YOUR PERSONAL ASSASSIN LIKE A HALF BREED MONGREL AND HAVE YOUR WIG SPLIT BY HIM BREHS :scust:

CHEROKEE JUST SICK OF IT ALL BREHS :to:

BREH JUST WANTS A PROFESSIONAL HAIRCUT :mjcry:

WHAT AN EPISODE BREHS :wow:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great episode. Not much else to say that hasn't been already said.

As far as the show discussion, as a season I'd put "Mr. Robot" above "Game Of Thrones" season 5 and "Better Call Saul" season 1 but it didn't have an episode as strong as "Hardhome" or "Five-O".

Unless they severely fukk up the last 2 eps "Fargo" is IMO the best show this year.

Fred.

I agree with all of this.

Regardless of anyone's personal opinion on the ranking of varying seasons this year... we're all winners. Golden age brehs.

:blessed: