Fargo Season 2 Thread

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Did Bear kill Simone in the woods or let her go? He better have killed her or it would be a cop out.

That scene had strong Miller's Crossing overtones....so if you've seen that Coen Bros film it might be a clue. I don't think it's a cop out either way, at least not at this point.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How did the cops know Trilligan was at that hotel? Floyd told them? If she knew why didn't her guys just go there and merk them?

Because they have no idea how many goons they keep/how often the goons are there.

Besides, the Gerhardt compound seems to be way out in the middle of nowhere....that renovated hotel KC stays in seems to be in the middle of town. You can't just roll a bunch of goons up in there and start shooting....especially when the cops know who is beefing.

Fred.

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Because they have no idea how many goons they keep/how often the goons are there.

Besides, the Gerhardt compound seems to be way out in the middle of nowhere....that renovated hotel KC stays in seems to be in the middle of town. You can't just roll a bunch of goons up in there and start shooting....especially when the cops know who is beefing.

Fred.

So did they follow the girl there?

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So did they follow the girl there?

Possibly, but they never actually seen any KC goons. So if that led to her death they would've had to know KC was there already, you get what I'm saying?

Fred.

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Possibly, but they never actually seen any KC goons. So if that led to her death they would've had to know KC was there already, you get what I'm saying?

Fred.

I got mixed up. My original question was how did the cops know they were there?

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I just started watching Episode 1 again to see if I missed anything, and realised they might have telegraphed the ending in the opening seconds of the season :ohhh:

It opens with a movie called The Massacre At Sioux Falls. The only person left standing is the actor playing the Native American chief.

Apologies if this was glaringly obvious to everyone else. It just turned a light bulb on for me.

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
In this case yes bc I'm a tv junkie. I assume most regular schlubs never saw that coming. It was a ballsy, funny ass move regardless of whether or not I expected it

There was something borderline brilliant in that scene:
The undertaker's two bodyguards were Asians. Anyone familiar with TV/movie clichés would immediately jump to the conclusion that they were setting them up as stereotypical ninja assassins. At the time, this is the first thing I thought of:

Because, in TV land, Asians=Martial Arts. Never expected that that would be the end of their screen time.

Last edited:

johnnydakota

Star, "Skateboard High"
Supporter
Daps
Still waiting to see what caused Lou to get that awful limp we saw in season one and the incident that made him retire as a cop. I'm guessing this is gonna go hand in hand with the massacre?

Don't think it will covered. Rewatched season 1 recently and remember Molly saying they came to tell her about it when she was in Algebra class.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Did anyone else notice that Kristen Dunst might be using some form of birth control? Watch episode 4, IMMEDIATELY after they have sex she asks to go to the bathroom. It's obvious she doesn't love Todd/Landry, I'm thinking she's using some form of birth control and with how much Landry wants kids, that's going to be a huge factor at some point in the season.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Did anyone else notice that Kristen Dunst might be using some form of birth control? Watch episode 4, IMMEDIATELY after they have sex she asks to go to the bathroom. It's obvious she doesn't love Todd/Landry, I'm thinking she's using some form of birth control and with how much Landry wants kids, that's going to be a huge factor at some point in the season.

I thought the same thing earlier in the season, but I dunno breh. She had her chances to leave him and didnt

The episode where she sold the car, I 100% thought she was leaving him high & dry to deal with everything. I think they wanted you to think that too ... but NAH, she used that money to give back to him to buy the butcher shop

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
more like she doesn't want to become pregnant at that point in her life
u kno she has to fulfill her potential first and ol dat

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
I need at least one Mike Milligan vs Karl Weathers conversation before the season ends.

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like Mike Milligans character. I don't even like quirkiness in women, in men it's beyond aggravating. Billy Bob's character was quirky to some extent, but he doesn't give me the feeling of forced quirkiness that the Milligan character does :yeshrug:

Then again, it may be depth to the character. He obviously has a :demonic: background

Last edited: