Fargo Season 2 Thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Finally caught up. Definitely digging this season better than the previous. Freaking Rye in the beginning reminded me of a young Steve Buscemi.

Still waiting to see what caused Lou to get that awful limp we saw in season one and the incident that made him retire as a cop. I'm guessing this is gonna go hand in hand with the massacre?

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:usure:Whats so bad about this season? Besides there being no growth in characters like last season.
Well,I think season 1s strengths came from the performances of freeman and thorton. They were great leads. I loved seeing both on screen. And even though the seasons story was unbelievable they brought it to life.

I dont feel theirs any real stand out performances this year. Im not really interested in the story. It just feels like a bunch of stock quirky characters for the sake of being quirky. Every time kirsten dunst,ted danson or fat damon are on screen im :yawn:. I dont mind the mob stuff but its pretty generic to me. Dialogues alright,definitely a few stand out scenes. Bookems the one bright point for me but hes kind of one note.

Just feels like a lot of filler for a story thats really not very interesting or entertaining. Season 1 i was constantly entertained even if it went off in silly directions.

I think the seasons like a 6.5/10 for me.

But thats me, :yeshrug:. I dont think either seasons anywhere close to being goat worthy. Its just kind of silly fukkery to turn my brain off to.

Keep in mind I always thought the film Fargo was over rated as fukk.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Well,I think season 1s strengths came from the performances of freeman and thorton. They were great leads. I loved seeing both on screen. And even though the seasons story was unbelievable they brought it to life.

I dont feel theirs any real stand out performances this year. Im not really interested in the story. It just feels like a bunch of stock quirky characters for the sake of being quirky. Every time kirsten dunst,ted danson or fat damon are on screen im :yawn:. I dont mind the mob stuff but its pretty generic to me. Dialogues alright,definitely a few stand out scenes. Bookems the one bright point for me but hes kind of one note.

Just feels like a lot of filler for a story thats really not very interesting or entertaining. Season 1 i was constantly entertained even if it went off in silly directions.

I think the seasons like a 6.5/10 for me.

But thats me, :yeshrug:. I dont think either seasons anywhere close to being goat worthy. Its just kind of silly fukkery to turn my brain off to.

Keep in mind I always thought the film Fargo was over rated as fukk.
Yea I felt the same way about the movie when I saw it. Season 1 grew on me. Molly, Malvo, Lester, Bill and Gus all gave stand out performances. I like the story in season 2 better though. The fukkery is just top notch and theres little filler. That Oliver Pratt black mail storyline last season was a complete waste of time. Had no affect on the overall story whatsoever.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Yea I felt the same way about the movie when I saw it. Season 1 grew on me. Molly, Malvo, Lester, Bill and Gus all gave stand out performances. I like the story in season 2 better though. The fukkery is just top notch and theres little filler. That Oliver Pratt black mail storyline last season was a complete waste of time. Had no affect on the overall story whatsoever.
Fair enough. Im probably one of 5 people on Earth that loves oliver pratt in everything so even though his plot was a waste i liked it because it was him.

I guess the biggest difference for me is i dont like the characters as much.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Finally almost finished season 1. Watching the finale tonight. shyt got really good after episode 6. That one year time jump in ep 8 really left some loose story lines though. What happened to the Grocery Store King? Did he go back for the money after his son died? And what happened to Lester's brother? And the deaf guy in the Hospital? Also, I waited all season to see this massacre that everyone was talking about only for it to be not shown, just a pan of the outside of the building while you hear whats going on? Ya'll really think that shyt is anywhere near as good as the action we got this season? You must be tripping. That shyt felt like a cop out. I wanted to see the action. Season 2 is still much better than season 1 imo. At least Lester became less annoying though.

that scene was handled perfectly :dahell:

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
the oliver platt story served no purpose in the grand scheme. It just seemed like an excuse to have a mild tie-in to the Fargo Movie(the briefcase in the snow) and to establish how evil and intelligent Malvo was, by causing chaos away from the main plot and characters.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Knew that was gonna happen to the Undertaker bc this show is brilliant and I didn't recognize the actor. If he was meant to be a major threat, they would have cast someone familiar.
They should've casted someone familiar just to fukk with the viewers

Last edited: