Daps
b310249ea0e7c0416c201da8a2acacc3.jpg

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What? :dwillhuh:
I know you are a Breaking Bad stan but Season 1 was heavily influenced by the movie Fargo.

Before the first season even started Noah Hawley, the creator of the show, said he was heavily influenced by "Breaking Bad", Walter White, and Vince Gilligan.

Obviously the show has ties to "Fargo", but character-wise aside from his mannerisms and last name Lester Nygaard is nothing like Jerry Lundegaard. Jerry had a bad plan that spiraled out of control. Lester started off as a decent guy, took a turn into unrepentant evil, and hubris was his down fall.

His arc is clearly modeled after Walter White.

Oh (Coen) Brothers, Where Art Thou? Noah Hawley on His 'Fargo' TV Series

If Fargo feels familiar, it might not just be because you’ve seen the film. Mr. Freeman’s character, Lester Nygaard, seems as much the product of the Walter White suburban male fantasy as he is an approximation of Mr. Macy’s sniveling car salesman/wife ransomer, Jerry Lundegaard. “Everyone of my era, we live in the shadow of Vince Gilligan,” said Mr. Hawley.

The first season even used former "Breaking Bad" directors for 6 of the 10 episodes.

No offense breh but I don't just say shyt for no reason. Most of these new shows are directly or indirectly the children of "Breaking Bad".

Fred.