Far Cry New Dawn

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
maxresdefault.jpg

Looks like Pastor had some kids. :russ:

That's the son of Pastor Jerome and Grace Armstrong, the gruff-talking sharpshooter. Jerome was able to melt through Grace's tough exterior after the holocaust. They fell in love, were married and had a son, Jerome Junior. Unfortunately, the fallout resulted in Grace getting cancer; she died when Jerome Junior was four. Pastor Jerome turned his back on the church, and his relationship with his son has been strained ever since JJ decided he wanted to become a priest.

...or so I wrote in my head. (Actually, it's only been 17 years, so any kids Pastor Jerome would've had would be much younger than that.)

According to some spoilers I've read,
Pastor Jerome survived, along with Nick Rye and his family. Knowing Far Cry tradition, Hurk will probably make it as well. Remember, Nick and Hurk were in Far Cry: Lost on Mars.

Last edited:

Maxine Shaw

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
So it's confirmed via numerous sites:

- Hurk will be a Gun for Hire, along with Pastor Jerome and Nick's daughter' Carmina.
- Sharky. Nick and Grace are still alive, but none of them are GFH.
- No word on Adelaide or Jess.
- Boomer is confirmed dead. Cheeseburger and Peaches probably are, too.

As for what happened to the deputy, there's a bleak prediction here.
Here’s how your character from Far Cry 5 probably returns in Far Cry New Dawn (warning: it’s not good news) | GamesRadar

Last edited:

Maxine Shaw

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Not much for me to say right now, except:

1. Ubisoft better either sell a Highwayman hoodie (the one w/the eye) or I'll find a way to make one myself. I want a pink one!

2. I wish the Twins didn't sound like they were 40. I know they're supposed to be all hardened and whatnot, but Carmina is a 17-year-old who looks and acts 17. ("fukk my life - a skunk!!!") It would've been nice if they still had some kind of youth as well. Mickey and Lou sound like they're both between bitter divorces.

3. Carmina loves her Auntie Grace...awww. *sniffles* Speaking of Grace...
I don't know why Ubisoft went with the whole "glaucoma Grace" look. Grace isn't really blind (even though she says she's "blind as fukk"). I get that she's supposed to have diminished eyesight, but that's a stupid sticking point when she's still running around with a shotgun (instead of a sniper rifle) blowing up cacs and even inventing better guns to use. ("That's the key to survival out there. When the going gets tough, the tough make better guns.") Other than having (greatly) reduced range, Grace is still very much a hunter and a killer.

4. For this to have been an earth-shattering holocaust, there sure are a lot of familiar and largely unaffected faces walking around here.

5. I know a lot of brehs will find the whole "loud generic rap music" always playing to be cacish, but it's no different than all those FC5 Jesus-lovin' earworms, if you ask me. One of the main traits of the Highwaymen is that you hear them coming from "miles away", so it always amuses me when I'm all engrossed in the middle of nowhere and then it's like "...OH, shyt!!!"

Last edited:

Maxine Shaw

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
How is it brehs? Is it worth the money?

If you liked FC5, you'll love this. And since the ending was universally reviled, this is almost like a "do over". And the way Hope County has been remade is excellent.

The things that have changed (especially the leveling of enemies) is making this a lot more fun for me. But that may be b/c I've always been stealth-based. And that's why I wanna know why, if this is a highly trained and heavily armed militia, we are fighting with our raggedy-assed handmade weapons in BROAD fukkING DAYLIGHT. Can a nikka get a sunset in this game!?!?

Last edited:

FooFighters

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Hold up. What the hell is going on in this thread? :gucci:
@Uitomy So having two black women in a position of power over a white man is pandering? I'm trying to figure out how to go about not calling you a racist.
An image of black women in power really triggered you?
We've gone decades playing as white men in every single video game, and this one game, which you admit will likely be trash anyway, has you up in arms?
Were you this upset about any of the Tomb Raider games?
What about Horizon, Infamous First Light, Bayonetta, Hellblade, or Mirror's Edge?
Or the Walking Dead Telltale games. Which are liked mostly

Quasi

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Africa, center of the world.
Ubisoft left an Easter egg that flew over pretty much 100% of their cac and non Black user base. Watched the video below and wasn't surprised nobody caught it.. An npc is arguing with his girl, Gina, and he's quoting their well known argument scene almost word for word in some parts :russ: starts at 05:00

Well played, Ubisoft :martin:

Maxine Shaw

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Finished it at 73% in 20 hours. Obviously meant to be an expansion, but I don't think I can be down for the ride. I think this FC failure shows why FC works better in its own independent universes. Tacking on a new ending to FC: 5 was a huge mistake, and Ubisoft just made a terrible ending even WORSE.

The whole thing w/Joseph Seed and New Eden was completely unnecessary. It did not add one single damn thing to the game, plus it took time away from the Twins - time desperately needed b/c the game is over now and we still don't know jack shyt about them. Once that part of the story is over, IMO, there's nothing left. So there's no reason for me to come back to finish all that other side shyt. I never crafted hardly anything, can't tell you jack shyt about the barter system and the monstrous beasts...who cares?

Also, the spare-or-save the villain trope is useless if it doesn't affect the trajectory of the game.
If we're supposed to be coming back b/c Joseph and/or Mickey might still be alive, they picked a terrible way to set that up.

And did I mention that the cover of the game is completely wrong? There is no Eden's Gate/New Eden vs. the Highwaymen - Joseph never meets the Twins. A total red herring.

Don't get it wrong, I enjoyed playing it while I was playing it, and I can shrug off the $40. But it either should've been a DLC expansion pack or they should've made a full-sized game - preferably in a completely different verse. So much wasted potential. Made for a fun few days, though.

Last edited:

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Will cop once it drops to 20. Bought the ultimate edition of FC5. This comes out a little too quickly for 40. IMO