Far Cry 5 (Official Thread)

litty

Pro
Daps
I finished this game within the past week. It pisses me off because the game had the best gameplay of all time (not literally... but damn near) but the woat ending. And the woat ending is the 'real ending'.

I spent some hours hunting and shyt just so I could buy the majority of weapons for ng+ but idk if I feel like doing it as much now.

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I enjoyed it, didn't like the ending but after reading this.... :wow:

You are the second coming of Jesus, the Lion of Judah

Anyways...

You, the deputy, fulfilled the prophecy laid forth in the book of Revelations, opened the 7 seals (through various means), and caused the end of the world. You are the Lion of Judah, the only one capable of opening the seals, also known as (the Second Coming of) Jesus.

Let's break it down, shall we?

The 7 seals mentioned in Revelations are:

1. White horse
  2. Red horse
  3. Black horse
  4. Pale horse
  5. Souls of martyrs
  6. Great earthquake
  7. Seven angels and seven trumpets
The first four seals correspond to the "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse;" all but one refers to the three Seed siblings other than Joseph. The first one refers to, well, Sheriff Whitehorse. Note the opening scene of the game:

"I saw when the lamb opened the first Seal, and I heard, as it were the voice of thunder, one of the Four Beasts say 'Come and see!' And I saw. And behold it was a white horse..."

Joseph stares at Sheriff Whitehorse.

"...and hell followed with him."

Joseph stares at you.

This is very similar to the actual text, the major difference being the horseman is referred to as a "conqueror," or "warrior." Joseph was likely using "hell" as a poetic synonym to describe you. For a Sheriff's Deputy, you rack up a body count higher than most serial killers and lay waste to practically everything in your path. You would not want to meet yourself in a dark alley. "Conqueror," or "warrior" is a very fitting term, as is "hell."

Given your decimation of the cult later in the game, it is a very accurate label. You are also the Lamb that he refers to, another title for Jesus. You rode in with (a) Whitehorse, the first of the Four Creatures, which is often said to represent righteousness, fitting the Sheriff's role as an officer of the law sent to bring Joseph to justice. Thus, the first seal is opened, as explicitly stated moments earlier.

Next is each of the Seed siblings, who correspond to the remaining three Horses. Jacob, the red-haired, Social Darwinist soldier and veteran of the Gulf War, clearly represents the Red Horse, meaning War. John, the dark haired and dark dressed sibling, who sends his legions to steal food and starve out Holland Valley, represents the Black Horse, also known as Famine. And Faith, the innocent, pale girl in the white dress presiding over an otherwordly afterlife-like realm called "Bliss" who encourages your friends to kill themselves, represents the Pale Horse, Death.

After the death of each sibling, Joseph gives a eulogy for each of the deceased. He starts off his speech each time with the phrase "A Seal has been opened." By defeating each Seed sibling you open the Seals, and bring the world closer and closer to the end.

Now, the Fifth Seal, the Souls of Martyrs. This refers to the slain Seeds as well as the many cultists who have died in wake of the war with the Resistance. In my case, I probably killed more cultists than the entire population of Montana. These countless deaths had a purpose: they died so that the cult could continue its Holy mission. Joseph spells it out:

"And the Lamb broke the Fifth Seal, and I saw under the altar, the souls of the martyrs...slain because of the word of God. You made martyrs of my family...and I am prepared to do the same to yours.

With countless dead and Joseph making his last stand after losing so many of his followers, the Fifth Seal opens. In scripture, the souls of martyrs pray for the "Wrath of God" upon those who have done them wrong. Fitting, based on the number of people you have killed and the ending to the game. Joseph takes your "family," brainwashes them, and then gives you a final choice...

The Sixth Seal. A great earthquake. At this point, you have fulfilled the majority of the prophecy, and the world is on the brink. Radio broadcasts hint at an impending nuclear exchange. Millions are dead in Moscow. The President has gotten the hell out of dodge, probably to go play golf in a bunker or something. If you continue your campaign of wrath, you put the final nail in the coffin and open the final seals. You choose the Resist option to save your friends; he then tells you;

"John was wrong. Your sin is not Wrath. You would rather see the world burn than swallow your Pride."

Joseph knows you are the one fulfilling his prophecy, he knows that your continued fight against him and the cult is causing the end of the world through supernatural, religious means. You do not realize this, and you keep fighting, on and on, oblivious to the fact that it will cause the demise of everyone you fight for.

"I gave you every chance, and you threw it all away! You've brought the world crashing down around us! Don't you SEE THAT!?"

Thus, when you decide to fight Joseph and rescue your friends, the "Great Earthquake" occurs. Joseph feels the Earth move. Presumably, WWIII has begun and nuclear blasts have started occurring miles away, shaking the ground beneath your feet. Which brings us to...

The Seventh and final Seal. The Seven Angels. After defeating Joseph once and for all with the help of your allies, he states:

"Forgive them Father...they know not what they do..."

You and Seven allies (regardless of the number you fought in the boss battle, oddly. Tsk, tsk, Ubisoft.), stand over Joseph Seed, ready to arrest him. Seeing that the final Seal is being opened, Joseph Seed recites the scripture:

"When the Lamb opened the Seventh Seal...there was silence in heaven...and the seven angels before god were given seven trumpets......and there were noises...

air raid siren becomes audible

"...thundering, lightening...and I heard a great voice from the temple say to the angels...go your ways...and pour from the vials...the wrath of God upon the Earth."

nuclear blast becomes visible on the horizon, blinding you

"It is finished, child."

You, with the help of your seven allies, opened the final seal, dooming the world to complete and utter nuclear annihilation. The Apocalypse is now upon you, due to your actions. Unknowingly, you were, in one way or another, a Second Coming of the prophet Jesus, the Lamb of God, the Lion of Judah, who set forth to fulfill the prophecy God gave thousands of years ago. The deceased who followed Jesus' teachings and were free from Sin ascended to Heaven, as that is the end result of the Second Coming.

Now, the other two endings. Walking away in the opening scene of the game results in only the First Seal being opened. None of the remaining three "horsemen" die, at least at your hands. Again, remember that only you, the Lion of Judah, is capable of breaking the seals. So even if the National Guard later arrives and deals with the cult, none of the remaining seals will be opened, and the apocalypse will not occur. The same goes for the "Walk Away" ending. By not Resisting nor opening the Sixth Seal, the Deputy averts the Apocalypse. So, to the many people wondering, the bombs do not drop in the other endings.

I really liked this ending. I think the idea of the crazy cult leader actually being right was a really great twist. Far Cry has always touched upon the supernatural, it was interesting to see it play a role in the resolution of the story this time around. Whether Joseph actually communed with God, could predict the future, or got a wacky vision on a Bliss trip, he knew what would occur, and that you would open the Seals. On the other hand, I agree with some reviewers that the lack of a definitive "good ending" definitely puts a damper on replay-ability and cheapens your achievements throughout the game. However, I for one think the story they told makes up for it.

Congratulations, Lion of Judah, Lamb of God, Technically Jesus. You caused nuclear war.

EDIT: I'm replaying through the game now. Here's some more choice evidence I noticed the second time around.

"Joseph was right about you. He did everything he said you would. And you didn't even know it." - Jacob Seed, death scene

"Ever notice how everyone you try to help winds up worse off? Eli...Pratt...if you really wanted to help, the best thing to do would be to just off yourself..." - Jacob Seed, boss fight

"I gave you every chance, and you threw it all away! You've brought the world crashing down around us! Don't you SEE THAT!?" - Joseph Seed, boss fight

-Stolen from Reddit

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I am surprised by the reactions, I enjoyed it and even thought the characters were great. I can understand the storyline not being good though, I feel like they wasted great gameplay and characters on a shytty storyline,

MrRDU

Superstar
Daps
I'm not a gamer but copped this on release day. I guess I need to finish it :ld:

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
Buy Far Cry Insanity Bundle - Microsoft Store

Far Cry 3+4+5 bundle is on sale for $22.49

I've never played Far Cry and im just getting into first person shooters. I enjoyed completing Call of Duty MW2 (my first time playing a C.O.D game) the first person had me a bit dizzy at first but it seems fun now. Should i cop? is this series good?

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Buy Far Cry Insanity Bundle - Microsoft Store

Far Cry 3+4+5 bundle is on sale for $22.49

I've never played Far Cry and im just getting into first person shooters. I enjoyed completing Call of Duty MW2 (my first time playing a C.O.D game) the first person had me a bit dizzy at first but it seems fun now. Should i cop? is this series good?

Grab 'em! FC 3 is considered the greatest FC of all time. I happen to disagree, but I love 4 and 5.

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
Forgot this game came out and finished it this week. I honestly don’t know how I feel about it. The format and lay out was very different from the rest. DLC is ass tho