Far Cry 5 (Official Thread)

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
The game isn't terrible but it isn't good, either. If I'm being honest, I had more fun with FC4. This one is missing something , and it's fairly disappointing that the story is so juvenile and disconnected in comparison to how it was originally advertised. I made it to the final sibling out of the underboss trio before pulling the plug and deleting this one from the storage. The bad just began to outweigh the good and the decision was made even easier after I read how horrible the endings were. You can't craft a conclusion that bad unless youre making a deliberate effort to do so. It's bizarre because those endings are blatant self sabotage. Playing through 'Dying Light' now and moving on to 'God Of War' and 'Detroit: Become Human' afterwards. This won't get any more burn from me this year. Ubisoft lost me here.

The little things like the bow feeling better in previous installments, all the way to the big things like the forced story progression with the resistance meter just turned me off. I just found this one more frustrating and obnoxious than fun honestly. I'll probably finish it one day down the line but I'll definitely be skipping the next Far Cry. Different franchises but this was a disappointing effort by Ubisoft in comparison to 'Assassins Creed: Origins.' Weak characters, weak story, brain dead artificial intelligence, and frustrating game mechanics (whoever insists on mapping the loot/interact button with the swap weapon button needs to be drop kicked.) I can't recommend paying full price for this one to anyone that is on the fence. It's more reasonable to get this when it's $35.99 or cheaper when it inevitably goes on sale during the holidays.

The soundtrack by Hammock is better than the actual game itself, which was amusing. :dead:

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
"Sometimes the best thing to do, is walk away"

He told us from the very beginning brehs :francis:
:dead:

I’m only playing this game because it actually runs well on pc. Not many games support sli anymore, but this one does. :win:

too bad the game sucks :sadcam:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
"Sometimes the best thing to do, is walk away"

He told us from the very beginning brehs :francis:
that's the 'secret' ending in the beginning. if you don't put the cuffs on dude, the game ends right there

the sheriff was trying to talk the marshals out of doing it from the beginning. he recognized that they would at least need more people (the National Guard) to really pull it off

I didn't dislike the endings as much as everyone else, but they were rather dystopian, with no real 'good' ending

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
My main problem with the game was it was just too damn easy. Only 2-3 missions where I legit felt like I had to work for it. And that was playing on Hard the entire time.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
My main problem with the game was it was just too damn easy. Only 2-3 missions where I legit felt like I had to work for it. And that was playing on Hard the entire time.
only trouble I had was a couple of the 'on rails' sections, mostly because you're stuck in a vehicle, where you can't duck or dodge the million bullets they throw at you

a couple of the boss fights were frustrating, but that was mostly from the trial and error of trying to figure out what to do