Fans are turning on rap. This young generation is more into conscious shyt now.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
boom bap been back. there are plenty of boom bap-sounding artists dropping new music every week.

:mjtf:

Common hip hop casuals don’t even know what boom bap is you stupid muthafukka. You act like older guwap fans are going to hole in wall, vinyl stores diggin. Im talking about reintroducing it into the mainstream.

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
Me either. Never thought I'd outgrow it but these new nikkas trash. I don't care about your jewelry, cars, how much drugs you sold or how many opps you've killed. Shyts trash and not entertaining at all.
A bunch of drugged out flunkies saying, "grah, grah, cold, cold, cold/like my jury, woo woo" with some garageband delay and you'll have 40 y/o men of all races pretending to like it and being passive aggressive fans about it :francis:

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
Common hip hop casuals don’t even know what boom bap is you stupid muthafukka. You act like older guwap fans are going to hole in wall, vinyl stores diggin. Im talking about reintroducing it into the mainstream.
Crate digging is a great hobby, a lot of these :flabbynsick: red pill mfs could actually meet ppl and get into a hobby for very cheap

You can throw a rock and find a thrift store with a used ION turntable, and a lot of records, you can find mint Jimi Hendrix one day, folk music from Swaziland the next, and Boston Pops/Herb Alpert/Opera, forever

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Crate digging is a great hobby, a lot of these :flabbynsick: red pill mfs could actually meet ppl and get into a hobby for very cheap

You can throw a rock and find a thrift store with a used ION turntable, and a lot of records, you can find mint Jimi Hendrix one day, folk music from Swaziland the next, and Boston Pops/Herb Alpert/Opera, forever

Diggin is fun. Once you find that one hit wonder from the 70s it was on. Shout out to the beat makers.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't Drill replace Trap music like 3 years ago? I thought Trap has been old news for some time now.

As for conscious rap booming, nah. In the underground and indie scene, it is. But hyperpop or rage music is the actual next big thing in hip hop with Carti being the ringleader.
Man it took me to your post to realize OP put “conscious” rap not concussion rap

I’m reading thru like :dahell:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
You’re too grown to Coli clout Chase
I got a question for you, breh.

How come there are so many female rappers getting heavy airplay???:mindblown:

I have never seen anything like this in my life. Was listening to XM radio and they played 3 straight songs by female rappers.

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Nah...

GKMC was "a day in the life" type of story, or short film as it's titled, and I don't recall that being the least bit political.

TPAB absolutely had political moments especially with the the hits. And that is probably the most conscious project he's put out. No doubt about it.

Mr morale? I don't see that as conscious but I guess some folks would. To me that shyt was an experimental gangsta rap project with the concept of him being in therapy. And a huge budget.

Overall, Kendrick and his projects are pretty well rounded so I wouldn't label him "conscious" anymore than I'd call Vince Staples a conscious rapper.

Daps
Me either. Never thought I'd outgrow it but these new nikkas trash. I don't care about your jewelry, cars, how much drugs you sold or how many opps you've killed. Shyts trash and not entertaining at all.
i’ve come to the conclusion that only people with low iqs like this trash they call music nowadays. i tried listening to playboi carti the other day, just to see what the hype was about, and i felt like his “music” was offending me. i thought to myself, “this shyt can’t possibly be made for someone with my intelligence.”

it’s made for illiterates with no taste.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
nikka you do the same thing 😭
That’s a lie. I’ve never posted anything on this site to Dap fish. Unlike Malc and Reincar. Wherever this site is leaning they spam post about it. They’ve been doing it for decades atp

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
good
[seth] burn it down [/rollins]

maybe finally the black race is sick and tired of hearing filth, hearing brehs talking about killing, robbing, looking down on their fellow black man, how selling drugs is cool, and calling black women derogatory times