Fans are turning on rap. This young generation is more into conscious shyt now.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Even that is being overblown. Pill usage in general is way down. Even alcohol use among younger kids is way down. Concerts and raves are losing a shyt load of money right now because of it. It's mainly people in their 20's and 30's still Poppin pills and coke.

The teens and younger 20's crowd are heavy into shrooms and psychedelics now. They're all about self enlightenment and leading a healthy lifestyle. There's shift going on culturally. That's why you will see a rap song from the 90's blow up on the billboard charts out of nowhere. Because some random tik toker made a meme out of it. These young kids are looking for substance now. They wanna feel connected to the artists they listen to. Similar to how people felt listening to Wu. Or tribe. Or de la. And that's just not a feeling they get listening to these drill rappers. That's why other genres have overtaken rap on the charts. The masses are burned out on rap music.
This all sounds like bs you made up

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Things change.

But I still hear the same ignant rap on a large scale.

Ppl do wanna turn up tho from time to time and have fun, so where are the "Back that Azz..." and other such songs for this generation?

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You don't consider his last album "conscious rap"?
Not really. Dude is just emotional. Maybe it is but I won't nitpick. He talks real shyt. It's real rap. It's about as conscious as an Eminem or Drake album.

However, it's certainly not a Lupe album.

Daps
Things change.
But I still hear the same ignant rap on a large scale.
Ppl do wanna turn up tho from time to time and have fun, so where are the "Back that Azz..." and other such songs for this generation?

the funniest thing about these old head rap conversations is that there's literally no rap subgenre that you can't find still going on these days. this is one of my fav songs this year, and it does pretty good on radio

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
Modern mainstream rap speaks to current low vibrational state much of the world is in right now. In other words, it's popularity may dip but for the time being it ain't going nowhere.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't have a checklist lol but conscious rap is pretty political and is a lot of direct societal commentary and criticism.
Isn't that basically the basis of Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers? I would think I would think To Pimp a Butterfly & good kid, mAAd city would fall into that, also.