Fans are turning on rap. This young generation is more into conscious shyt now.

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
So did all the other conscious rappers . Gtfoh lol, it’s rap music. bytches gonna get called out by any means
Ok. Whatever you say. I'm a fan but Kendrick ain't the best example of conscious rap and he's certainly not indicative of what the young folk want out of the genre.

Daps
Ok. Whatever you say. I'm a fan but Kendrick ain't the best example of conscious rap and he's certainly not indicative of what the young folk want out of the genre.

A lot of people confuse conscious rap as some idealistic shyt. It was barely ever that. I usually say that conscious and “gangster/street” rap go hand in hand. If you listen closely….but people be skimming tf outta rap music though

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
:dead:

But it's real. That's why the sales are trash now. And they'll keep getting worse until Trap and drill music is just a niche thing. I mean we might already be there. The crack and pill babies are being fazed out by the younger generation. Times are changing. Nobody wants to hear drugged out goofies mumbling over repetitive beats anymore :hhh:
There's a fentanyl epidemic going on right now

You think there won't be more pill babies?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
People who aren't even outside yet making broad claims about what is and isn't popping lol. You hear rap coming out of multiple cars in every major city in American fam.

Only difference right now is that Hispanic, Puerto Rican, African, and Caribbean music are huge in America right now too. Eslabon Armado, Rauw Alejandro, Bad Bunny, Burna Boy, Rema etc are putting up huge numbers right now but it hasn't translated to big US Billboard sales outside of Bad Bunny. At some point this stuff will be completely dominant, but not in the near future.

I think it's also worth noting the type of shyt that's putting up huge numbers are largely uptempo dance or love songs, whereas in rap that hasn't been the case outside of Drake and a few other artists. At some point there has to be a shift in mainstream rap's production from downtempo trap to something else.

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People worlwide turning into afrobeats..as they should. cuz rap aint what it was lets be real

A buncha thot rap ala Cardi B etc and "influencers" rappin..nikkas worldwide tryin to imitate the Chicago scene from a few yrs back
This is true as an old head DJ I see it. I need to get my Afrobeats and Amapiano catalog updated.

Daps
Eslabon Armado, Rauw Alejandro, Bad Bunny, Burna Boy, Rema etc are putting up huge numbers right now but it hasn't translated to big US Billboard sales outside of Bad Bunny.

nevermind the fact that bad bunny is constantly talking that drug sex talk (and burna boys biggest song is a weed anthem), but like i mentioned earlier.... people be skimming tf outta music lol.

those hot beats tho!!!! :mjlol:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
There's a fentanyl epidemic going on right now

You think there won't be more pill babies?
Even that is being overblown. Pill usage in general is way down. Even alcohol use among younger kids is way down. Concerts and raves are losing a shyt load of money right now because of it. It's mainly people in their 20's and 30's still Poppin pills and coke.

The teens and younger 20's crowd are heavy into shrooms and psychedelics now. They're all about self enlightenment and leading a healthy lifestyle. There's shift going on culturally. That's why you will see a rap song from the 90's blow up on the billboard charts out of nowhere. Because some random tik toker made a meme out of it. These young kids are looking for substance now. They wanna feel connected to the artists they listen to. Similar to how people felt listening to Wu. Or tribe. Or de la. And that's just not a feeling they get listening to these drill rappers. That's why other genres have overtaken rap on the charts. The masses are burned out on rap music.