Fanboy Thread of Eternal Suffering

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never said I prefer 1080 120fps to 4k 60fps. I only mentioned 1080p as anecdotal evidence of PC players preferring framerate over resolution.

I am explicitly arguing for 1440 over 4k this gen, because I think 4k 60fps will be hard to attain on the hardware next gen consoles are using, and those resources would be better allocated to a higher framerate at 1440p.

You are essentially arguing the same exact thing as me and too dense to realize it. I'm done carry on.

Yes thats because they playing FPS games lmao, that have very limited requirements

it's not even hard to run a FPS at 4k at 120fps if you have the high end card, there's no compromise

in AAA single player nobody is chosing 120fps over 4k, nobody

most PC gamers are not playing on 2080ti

they playing shyt like counter strike go and world of warcraft, that don't need powerful hardware to run, so of course they will prefer 1080 120fps is THE BEST THEY CAN DO and the type of games they are playing those frame rates are possible

in a single player game the difference between 1080p and 4k is a huge difference especially with everything maxed out

there's no comparison to Final Fantasy XV at 1440p with 4k with everything max it and it being at 60, its a huge difference

nobody is going to want to play that at 1080 240ps frames instead

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Yes thats because they playing FPS games lmao, that have very limited requirements

it's not even hard to run a FPS at 4k at 120fps if you have the high end card, there's no compromise

Are we talking about PC gamers? Barely any PC gamers even have a 4k monitor, so obviously most wouldn't choose 4K, cause they can't.

Yes I would choose 120fps at 2k over 4k at a lesser framerate. I would even choose 90 fps at 2k over 60 at 4k.

I can barely see the difference at the distance I sit between 2k and 4k anyway, so I would rather any extra frames I can get period.

But I mean less than 2% of people on Steam even have a 4k monitor.

Most console players TV's are FeauxK at 2560 anyway too.

Do you have a PC?

Put it this way, I have serious doubts of dev's consistently getting 60fps at 4k this gen. So with that being said I would rather they focus on 2k so they can AT LEAST hit 60fps. I would like to see the single player norm shift from 30fps.

Why you keep bringing up 1080p versus 4k when I am very specifically arguing about 1440 versus 4k and the tradeoffs between fidelity versus framerate is beyond me.

It's pretty simple. IMO

again IMO

2k higher fps>4k lower fps

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps

most PC gamers are not playing on 2080ti

they playing shyt like counter strike go and world of warcraft, that don't need powerful hardware to run, so of course they will prefer 1080 120fps is THE BEST THEY CAN DO and the type of games they are playing those frame rates are possible

in a single player game the difference between 1080p and 4k is a huge difference especially with everything maxed out

there's no comparison to Final Fantasy XV at 1440p with 4k with everything max it and it being at 60, its a huge difference

nobody is going to want to play that at 1080 240ps frames instead

I have a 2080s. you aren’t getting 4K 60fps with max settings with any titles. 2080ti’s can’t even accomplish this. And why would a pc gamer sacrifice graphic fidelity and performance to run a game 4K when they could do 1440p at 100+ FPS on ultra? PC gamers don’t care about 4K as much as you think we do. Even the ones with powerful rigs

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
This topic’s been covered and disproven. That Dust Golem nikka is an xbox plant.
Prove it now because I've only heard butthurt fanboys say that, show me...
Wasn’t it last week that the PS5 couldn’t do 1080p ?
The fact the majority of games are targeting 1440p tells me that when actual next gen gaming is the norm 1080p will be more common than you'd like
That Dusk Golem dude is full of shyt.
Please show me how, thecoli.com thanks you
:wow: fukk ps5 can't wait to play 15 year old games in 4k in November.
Dark souls doesn't come out until 2021 sometime
And I would rather play 1440 120fps than 4k 60.
To be fair, that comment is not a universal thought. Not even by you :ufdup: that is more dependent on a game by game basis. You gotta let that blanket go linus...
What I'm not understanding is how people that know a little about computers are falling for the bullshyt.

If the cheapest GPU that runs native 4k/60 efficiently is like $400 by itself(RX 5700), then how the hell is a $400 game console supposed to run 4k/60? I would think the price tag would have to be at a couple hundred dollars more in order to build a console that can run most games at native 4k/60 because you still haven't factored in the price of a CPU, RAM, motherboard, etc
Well that's the problem right there, ppl who know anything about computers THINK THEY KNOW consoles too and it don't work like that. You are not in the position to speak on how a closed optimized platform will work compared to a PC equivalent. They barely reveal all the details and when they do the actual EXPERTS in the field usually defer to the "let's wait and see"approach. You can't tell anybody right now how effective the ps5's SSD will be in the wild, you can't begin to speak on how the velocity engine will make shyt happen. You know it exist but you can't say cuz you got a PC that you know. Yet here we be. Well the PC experts on this site using your logic claimed it would be weaker than a 2080 and you can forget about ray tracing. Well, I guess they wad half right :smugbiden:
Who cares about 4k.

Just give me FF7 Remake part 2, uncharted 5 and HZD 2
As long as you don't mind waiting till 2023 for all that

• Dap
Reactions: B86

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Prove it now because I've only heard butthurt fanboys say that, show me...

The fact the majority of games are targeting 1440p tells me that when actual next gen gaming is the norm 1080p will be more common than you'd like

Please show me how, thecoli.com thanks you

Dark souls doesn't come out until 2021 sometime

To be fair, that comment is not a universal thought. Not even by you :ufdup: that is more dependent on a game by game basis. You gotta let that blanket go linus...

Well that's the problem right there, ppl who know anything about computers THINK THEY KNOW consoles too and it don't work like that. You are not in the position to speak on how a closed optimized platform will work. They barely reveal all the details and when they do the actual EXPERTS in the field usually defer to the "let's wait and see"approach. You can't tell anybody right now how effective the ps5's SSD will be in the wild, you can't begin to speak on how the velocity engine will make shyt happen. You know it exist but you can't say cuz you got a PC that you know. Yet here we be. Well the PC experts on this site using your logic claimed it would be weaker than a 2080 and you can forget about ray tracing. Well, I guess they wad half right :smugbiden:

As long as you don't mind waiting till 2023 for all that
You can close and optimize whatever hardware/software you want; it's not hitting 4k/60 consistently at that price point. MS and Sony have been on a money grab for YEARS now and we as consumers somehow keep falling for it

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
I think we as console gamers fail to understand what it takes to really run native 4k.

When you play PC you realize 2K is fine and those resources are better utilized maximizing the framerate.

But yea it takes a lot of power to run at real native 4k with a decent framerate.

It is kind've odd that those with more powerful hardware (PC players) care less about resolution than those with lesser hardware (console gamers). 4K has become a buzzword in the console wars. We need to care more about framerate.

A large portion of PC players still play on 1080p monitors cause it looks fine and they can get 240fps.

We need to get expectations in check. Not to say they won't figure it out, but it's just not that important imo.

4k 60fps
1440p 60 to 90fps
1080p 120fps

or die

but on the real I just want next gen games to have dedicated graphics options in the menu.

That star ocean game having graphic options on ps4 was a god send.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Apparently the people he got into it with, they been beefing for years. Here's the gist of what happened...

It's a proven myth, but to Larrybots, multiplats and exclusive indie games apparently don't count as GAMES either. :laff:

We only got Killzone, Infamous, and Knack apparently. :laff:
And then he upped this post essentially murdering any credibility REKKAPRYDE has earned over the years :wow: I don't know why but I feel like this makes @Rekkapryde Steve Harvey suit status :manny: The red is a hidden gem, this is what these nikkaz hyped up :picard:

But ultimately these fanboys are trained hoes at the end of the day...