Fanboy Thread of Eternal Suffering

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I know they will never admit it. They'll be quick to over emphasize any differences and live vicariously through DIgital Foundry when head to head videos prop up showing the slightest difference.

shyt will be like this:
S-48.jpg

S-49.jpg

The Xbots will say they're not equivalent and they see a big difference.

Just the mere mention of something being non native will be "See it's not even 4K. That's the power of 12TF ya'll!" disregarding it looks like the same thing for 98% of the image with better fps. We don't even need to get into the whole upscaling techniques that exist. "Upscaling" or "checkerboard" has become a pejorative around these parts now.
So you expect xbots to act like you did for the first couple years of this gen huh? :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
like that clown that tried to tell Sweeney from Epic how SSD speeds work and he replied to make him look like a fool. Homie deleted his tweet and everything. :laff:
To be fair all these same people said

PS4 was a “superpowerd PC” a “really perfect PC” that would “outperform PCs for years to come”

Not to say PS5 won’t be a good console.

But these early dev comments are more marketing than anything else.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So you expect xbots to act like you did for the first couple years of this gen huh? :mjlol:
The gap was wider between PS4 and X1 than it is with XsX and PS5. Also you gotta take in mind there's been much more advances in technology especially in the areas of upscaling techniques and how games are rendered. Back then it was just a game is rendered at whatever internally and a simple upscale is done by the system GPU and TV which made the flaws easy to stand out. Fast forward today and now games with these options exist and offer almost identical image quality with much better performance. :yeshrug:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The gap was wider between PS4 and X1 than it is with XsX and PS5. Also you gotta take in mind there's been much more advances in technology especially in the areas of upscaling techniques and how games are rendered. Back then it was just a game is rendered at whatever internally and a simple upscale is done by the system GPU and TV which made the flaws easy to stand out. Fast forward today and now games with these options exist and offer almost identical image quality with much better performance. :yeshrug:
Preemptive excuses :mjlol:

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
To be fair all these same people said

PS4 was a “superpowerd PC” a “really perfect PC” that would “outperform PCs for years to come”

Not to say PS5 won’t be a good console.

But these early dev comments are more marketing than anything else.

never took that shyt seriously then and even now. After seeing the shyt that @Ciggavelli was working with (no :dame: ), I can't take that kind of talk seriously no more.

But at least devs have more credibility than the average internet dude who thinks they know what they talkin about. Glad Sweeney sonned that buffoon yesterday. I'll take his word before any blogger anyday.

PS4 and XB1 were much closer in setup than anything before and more importantly the differences were more noticeable (720p vs 1080p).

This gen they aren't as similar and I don't expect the gulf like it was at the beginning of the current gen with the games.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
never took that shyt seriously then and even now. After seeing the shyt that @Ciggavelli was working with (no :dame: ), I can't take that kind of talk seriously no more.

But at least devs have more credibility than the average internet dude who thinks they know what they talkin about. Glad Sweeney sonned that buffoon yesterday. I'll take his word before any blogger anyday.

PS4 and XB1 were much closer in setup than anything before and more importantly the differences were more noticeable (720p vs 1080p).

This gen they aren't as similar and I don't expect the gulf like it was at the beginning of the current gen with the games.
There’s really only about 5 games that run at 720p on Xbox and those games run at 900p on PS4.

So no it was never a case of 720 vs 1080p. But that’s what y’all made up to run with it.

The differences this gen will be similar. Xbox will have a couple extra blades of grass and more Ps

But I’m positive we won’t get a thread about each game talking about the “superior multiplats” like y’all did at the start of this gen.

Sony stans :mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There’s really only about 5 games that run at 720p on Xbox and those games run at 900p on PS4.

So no it was never a case of 720 vs 1080p. But that’s what y’all made up to run with it.

The differences this gen will be similar. Xbox will have a couple extra blades of grass and more Ps

But I’m positive we won’t get a thread about each game talking about the “superior multiplats” like y’all did at the start of this gen.

Sony stans :mjlol:
The difference will be bigger imo.

Quite, but it's up to 1st party companies to do that on XSX, shift over people and then 3rd parties will follow. In the meantime most will make sure the game looks good enough on PS5 and then whatever extra weight the XsX can handle without them having to do any optimization they'll let rock.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The difference will be bigger imo.

Quite, but it's up to 1st party companies to do that on XSX, shift over people and then 3rd parties will follow. In the meantime most will make sure the game looks good enough on PS5 and then whatever extra weight the XsX can handle without them having to do any optimization they'll let rock.
Takes a lot of power for minimal gains on the high end. They will be close in results even though the numbers look a bit further apart.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

You have it backwards. This next gen is the closest gap to pc gaming theyve had yet.

Daps
Ps5 gonna be the 4th Sony console you sell more than 100 mil while this flops like all xflop consoles except the 360 :russ:
360 was an amazing console. Microsoft had the perfect system. Easy to develop for. Powerful. They had to go and fukk it up. :francis: