Fanboy Thread of Eternal Suffering

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Not interested in the way it’s done right now
Try it. I used to knock until I got one. The experience is wild. It puts you right into the game. It’s not just a screen in your face. It’s a whole new experience with you inside of it. I’ve heard a bunch of people say what you’ve said without realizing it’s pretty much the way you would imagine wanting it to be. It’s the closest thing to actually getting plugged into the matrix.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can't wait till those sales figures drop so I can cry laughing......
FY21 Q1 - Press Releases - Investor Relations - Microsoft

Business Highlights

Revenue in Productivity and Business Processes was $12.3 billion and increased 11%, with the following business highlights:

· Office Commercial products and cloud services revenue increased 9% driven by Office 365 Commercial revenue growth of 21% (up 20% in constant currency)

· Office Consumer products and cloud services revenue increased 13% and Microsoft 365 Consumer subscribers increased to 45.3 million

· LinkedIn revenue increased 16%

· Dynamics products and cloud services revenue increased 19% (up 18% in constant currency) driven by Dynamics 365 revenue growth of 38% (up 37% in constant currency)

Revenue in Intelligent Cloud was $13.0 billion and increased 20% (up 19% in constant currency), with the following business highlights:

· Server products and cloud services revenue increased 22% (up 21% in constant currency) driven by Azure revenue growth of 48% (up 47% in constant currency)

Revenue in More Personal Computing was $11.8 billion and increased 6%, with the following business highlights:

· Windows OEM revenue declined 5%

· Windows Commercial products and cloud services revenue increased 13% (up 12% in constant currency)

· Xbox content and services revenue increased 30%

· Surface revenue increased 37% (up 36%in constant currency)

· Search advertising revenue excluding traffic acquisition costs decreased 10% (down 11% in constant currency)

Microsoft returned $9.5 billion to shareholders in the form of share repurchases and dividends in the first quarter of fiscal year 2021, an increase of 21% compared to the first quarter of fiscal year 2020.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Xbox, pc sales, software are all part of the same division. Don't worry, I checked.

I'm talkin unit sales of XB1 this gen. Don't worry, they aren't being reported.
:jbhmm:

I don't think that matters if gaming is all under one umbrella for them now.

Unit sales matter even less than the did (this gen) with Gamepass and xcloud

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:jbhmm:

I don't think that matters if gaming is all under one umbrella for them now.

Unit sales matter even less than the did (this gen) with Gamepass and xcloud

The Xbox sector of the division did 11 plus billion last year. The whole division did over 40.

That's why I found it wild how much they paid for Zenimax.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Due to COVID-19, sales for many entertainment devices increased a lot. You couldn't find a Switch for quite awhile (I think its still difficult to find), so take this with a grain a salt.
Yup. Everyone's numbers were up. Sony had their best quarter ever during the first quarter for them this year (April thru June)

Next

Today Sony announced its Q1'20 financials and broke a number of records in the process. The PlayStation division made over $1 billion in profits on $5.63 billion in total revenues, becoming the top Q1 earner in the decades-long history of gaming. This is also the first time Sony's gaming branch made over $1 billion in a quarter.

PlayStation pulled in 48% of Sony's total company profits ($2.17 billion) during the period. This is the best operating profit for PlayStation of any quarter ever. PlayStation revenues like software, which spiked tremendously, helped drive Sony's Q1 profits by over 50% year-over-year.

Today Sony announced its Q1'20 financials and broke a number of records in the process. The PlayStation division made over $1 billion in profits on $5.63 billion in total revenues, becoming the top Q1 earner in the decades-long history of gaming. This is also the first time Sony's gaming branch made over $1 billion in a quarter.

PlayStation pulled in 48% of Sony's total company profits ($2.17 billion) during the period. This is the best operating profit for PlayStation of any quarter ever. PlayStation revenues like software, which spiked tremendously, helped drive Sony's Q1 profits by over 50% year-over-year.

PlayStation's Q1'20 revenues are higher than all of Xbox's historical quarterly gaming earnings, even those in the holiday period, and are a historical high for Q1 PlayStation earnings.

Gaming also accounted for nearly 31% of Sony's total quarterly revenues, up 7 percentage points from Q1'19.

Gaming also accounted for nearly 31% of Sony's total quarterly revenues, up 7 percentage points from Q1'19.