Fanboy Thread of Eternal Suffering

Chef

All Star
Daps
I intend to own both both but I’m hesitant on buying things that I can’t take advantage off. I didn’t buy either of the old consoles because I didn’t have even have a 1080 tv at the time.

I got a good backlog on both platforms I’ve barely put a dent in.

Daps
For me
Spiderman MM for sure ( I assume it will be bundled)
Kena if it turns out to be good
Plus Demon Soul's potentially being a launch title even though Souls games are hard as hell to me :mjlol:
If the unannounced launch title exclusive franchise revival thing is true that gives me about 3-4 potential launch games
R&C comes out early next year
And the fact that

1) I won't have to hear my loud ass PS4
2) It will play my PS4 games in 4k/60fps+ w/ zero to no load times due to the SSD
After seeing/hearing about the PS5's load times, I might never play a PS4 game on a PS4 again
The load times annoy me now and make some games unplayable because I know what's coming
3) Playing next gen games during lockdown and securing a PS5
I have a feeling the PS5 will suffer severe shortages/supply issues for a while after launch and I don't want to be in the situation where I want a PS5 but can't get one for an extended period of time

Don't want to hear "no PS5 till summer very sorry" or later from Sony every time I try to buy one because it keeps selling out instantly

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Quick breakdown

For the record literally 98.7% of all games are multiplats so 98.7% of the time he'll be playing the playing the inferior version that will run in lo
:mjlol:

The less than 2% of exclusives were all GOTY contenders though.

God of War
Uncharted 4
The last of us 2
Ghost of Tsttushima
Spiderman
Horizon Zero Dawn
FF7 Remake

That plus some of the other fringe exclusive that were enjoyable like Days Gone and Lost Legacy was enough games by themselves to justify a purchase. I can feel like i got my moneys worth just getting it just for those games and playing all the multiplat titles on xbox.

Daps
Because Covid stock of high demand products are low.
Launch stock will be low.
I’ll rather preorder than go store by store to go find one.
It’s a one time purchase for 1000 dollars (accessories game’s extra drives) for 3-5 years of use, it’s a bargain. Rather get it on day 1 than day 50.
I’m hoping for a 2TB model so pre order is easier to deal with.

The PS4 I didn’t start buying games until 2-3 years after release. I don’t mind waiting I’ll play my backlog on both systems.
PS4 will be unplayable after experiencing the PS5 because
1) it's loud as fukk
2) load times will be annoying after experiencing the PS5's load times
This extends to PS4 games as they will load instantly and have nearly instant load times if installed on the PS5's SSD
You will never want to experience the load times of this gen on the loud ass PS4 ever again

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: MMA
Daps
PS5 for exclusives (‘spider-man: miles morales’ at launch)
XSX for 3rd party games (‘cyberpunk 2077’ close to launch)

that formula worked well for me this gen

gonna continue the cycle
you think there will be much of a difference for multiplatform? :patrice:
MS smart for that monthly payment plan you could just pick up a XSX on the side on some :manny:
Only 35 a month for XSX + Gamepass Ultimate :patrice:

At the same time I could build my first gaming PC + get gamepass for multiplatform games
for 4k/60fp-120fps+ :patrice:
But then again I have a feeling my PC won't be shyt in 2-3 years when they announce the 3090 Ti X Billion :unimpressed:
:patrice:
New game comes out and I realize I can't do 4k/60fps on ultra settings for the new game like a console peasant :sadbron:
Forever going down the PC master race rabbit hole :sadbron:
:patrice:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
To be honest, I don’t even care at this point..

Cats will learn, and it’s still most of Station stans doing the stan warring.

All in the Xbox threads but don’t plan on buying an Xbox :gucci:

Everything I’ve seen or heard from Microsoft makes this a Day 1 cop for me.

I get to upgrade everything in my library that I play regularly, I don’t have to buy additional peripherals, backwards compatibility, all access/gamepass/gold, cheaper price, better looking system (simple, minimalistic design), plays all the multiplats the best, etc.

Options on options... and I still get to gameshare with the homies

All that beats Spiderman DLC imo... the same Spiderman I have on PS4 Pro that I never even beat. , like most of the “exclusives” I wanted to play...

I say let them enjoy spending the money to buy a PS5... not that serious.

I might cop the PS5 eventually if the exclusives are just too much to ignore but that will be whenever they make a slimmer system too. I can’t imagine that giant ass thing sounding like a jet engine around my entertainment system

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ok... Persona is gamepass bound already and sega is in business right now with Xbox, Yakuza isn't even coming to ps5 anytime soon. You talked multiplats like that favored you? And you think the XOX is comparable to the base ps4. So you think the series x which has a bigger gap isn't really that even tho insiders claimed the gap was STAGGERING. In response y'all cried and called dusk gollem a fraud :laff: finally every studio you named, their top programmers left to join Microsoft. Naughty dog? Santa's Monica, the fukkin creator of God of wars combat? All that, Xbox now. News to you but so what, it's facts :umad:

So if Halo is available on Xbox one nobody would care to buy the next gen version? Did you think that thought thru? Name one person that thinks like this, you? Not even you my niigga

You didn't name many games, you named studios that lost key people to the competition :patrice:

Xbox isn't competing with nintendo, they was competing with Sony but Sony wasn't future proof (read about it in courtdogs kennel) you say it's about games, Xbox had you beat there. And they have more AAA titles by developers you love. As for battling nintendo? Xcloud gives Xbox the advantage there too but you're too much of a fanboy to realize it. It'll be better understood after everyone else tries it (in 6 days it's available you everyone including you)

I hope you learned something, I already fully understood your reasonings for Sony. Do you understand me tho? You can agree to disagree

All you had to say is you wanna play spider-man. :yeshrug:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
tenor.gif