Famine...STARVATION...Delusion...RACIST: A Chicago Bulls Story (2014 Offseason Thread)

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
bulls need to focus on the attainable star, melo first

this will likely push love to want a trade to chicago even more meaning he wont commit long term to any other team but the bulls and the wolves will then have to take what the bulls have or leave it.

so the plan ultimately would have to be to clear all the other assets and see if melo will sign for the 18-19 mill we can clear without trading taj.

then after locking in on melo, see if the wolves will do taj/jimmy and future picks straight up for love as the picks this year will have to be gone in order to clear the space for melo

if minny bites, we have rose love melo and noah with filler

if not we still have melo with the rest of our core

but i think the worst mistake is turning away from a very attainable piece in melo and going all in on the love sweepstakes which we know will be drawn out and crazy. doing that could result in us losing both of them. its very unlikely love gets traded by the draft and that thing may go into next season all the way up to the trade deadline next season.

I am not confident whatsoever in obtaining Melo

If you have a shot at Love, you need to take it IMO

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I love how it says "the trade" like its some definitive thing

RealGM cracks me up man
its so many dudes over there lying about having sources just to get attention its laughable

i wish they would just keep it funky and say they have an idea or scenario and keep it moving

cornercommission2k12

Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I am not confident whatsoever in obtaining Melo

If you have a shot at Love, you need to take it IMO
im the opposite

i think our chances at melo are much greater than love, simply because his options are much more than melo

with melo its stay in ny, houston or chicago

with love you got ny, boston, golden state, houston, lakers, clippers, brooklyn, cavs, sacremento, all putting in bids on love and most of those teams have better assets to offer than us and some are even willing to do it with no long term deal on the table. minny not going to just rush and make a move. reporters throwing that shyt out there for a story, they will play teams off eachother for months until they exhaust all they options

1.see if they can get love to stay by adding another star
2.see if they can trade love for another all star caliber player
3.see if they can get assets that really aid them on a rebuild

then after that they will consider a deal like ours with taj and jimmy and mediocre picks.

or minny may just elect to shake the dice and go into next off season trying to convince love to stay. its not rocket science to understand what minny will do because we have seen every other franchise go through the same motions. minny not just going to trade love unless it really benefits them. and lets be honest, taj jimmy and mid teen picks dont place them in a really great position, thats a take it or leave with nothing kind of deal.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
im the opposite

i think our chances at melo are much greater than love, simply because his options are much more than melo

with melo its stay in ny, houston or chicago

with love you got ny, boston, golden state, houston, lakers, clippers, brooklyn, cavs, sacremento, all putting in bids on love and most of those teams have better assets to offer than us and some are even willing to do it with no long term deal on the table. minny not going to just rush and make a move. reporters throwing that shyt out there for a story, they will play teams off eachother for months until they exhaust all they options

1.see if they can get love to stay by adding another star
2.see if they can trade love for another all star caliber player
3.see if they can get assets that really aid them on a rebuild

then after that they will consider a deal like ours with taj and jimmy and mediocre picks.

or minny may just elect to shake the dice and go into next off season trying to convince love to stay. its not rocket science to understand what minny will do because we have seen every other franchise go through the same motions. minny not just going to trade love unless it really benefits them. and lets be honest, taj jimmy and mid teen picks dont place them in a really great position, thats a take it or leave with nothing kind of deal.
im not really speaking on which player is more attainable (I dont think we have good odds to land either)

im just saying... if Minny approves a deal to send Love here, and he is willing to sign long term, Im sure as hell not going to jeopardize that deal because there is a slim chance we can land Melo

cornercommission2k12

Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
im not really speaking on which player is more attainable (I dont think we have good odds to land either)

im just saying... if Minny approves a deal to send Love here, and he is willing to sign long term, Im sure as hell not going to jeopardize that deal because there is a slim chance we can land Melo
oh yea that goes without saying

if minny saying yes, right now, then you do the deal and dont think twice about it

my stand point is bouncing on melo and going all in on love who very possibly will go into next season still with minny and trade talks still on going.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
oh yea that goes without saying

if minny saying yes, right now, then you do the deal and dont think twice about it

my stand point is bouncing on melo and going all in on love who very possibly will go into next season still with minny and trade talks still on going.
yeah, we on the same page then

i just dont see Melo leaving Phil and the Knicks ... sucks

kevthesureshot

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If there's a deal for Love where we keep Noah, then do it. Butler and Taj can't be the deal breakers. and if there's any way we can get a guard like Brewer or Martin for them then that fills a position so there won't be so many holes in the lineup.

cornercommission2k12

Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
philly has a 21 million dollar tpe at there exposal

we really need to get in on that with a boozer deal

would allow us to trade boozer, have the money to sign melo outright (about 21 mill) keep taj and have the assets to go after love

problem is our front office dont get things like that done.

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Ric Bucher on ESPN 1000 on Love situation
He said the Bulls are on his short list and it is really between the Bulls and Golden State.

After that he talked about Joakim Noah being in it and then backtracked to saying there may be a way to do it without giving up Noah.

He says this should go down before the draft.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If Boston wanted Love, I just dont see how we compete with their offer, unless Ainge isnt willing to sell the farm like we are

5StarElite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the ocean where the sharks be at
If Boston wanted Love, I just dont see how we compete with their offer, unless Ainge isnt willing to sell the farm like we are

Aside from picks what do they have to offer? Word is Flip took the coaching gig not because it'll ensure Love re-signs but because of the players he expects to get back. If its between the W's giving up Thompson/Lee + whatever and Taj/Jimmy + picks, the C's hit.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Aside from picks what do they have to offer? Word is Flip took the coaching gig not because it'll ensure Love re-signs but because of the players he expects to get back. If its between the W's giving up Thompson/Lee + whatever and Taj/Jimmy + picks, the C's hit.
they have #6 this season and have nice future picks

along with sullinger/olynk/bradley

im just not sure what Ainge is willing to give up though