Famine...STARVATION...Delusion...RACIST: A Chicago Bulls Story (2014 Offseason Thread)

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
At the very least, Mirotic and McDermott should be able to knock down open shots. That's something we've missed, especially last year. If we can get DJ back along with a competent wing player, I'll ride with that and pray for health.
But supposedly the Mirotic negotiations was always supposed to happen today so who the hell knows? We haven't been linked to hardly any perimeter players.

kevthesureshot

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But supposedly the Mirotic negotiations was always supposed to happen today so who the hell knows? We haven't been linked to hardly any perimeter players.
yeah that's what concerns me. I'm puzzled at the thought of adding Pau and Mirotic with a hole at the wing. They can't think that Mcdermott or Snell is ready to start next year. I hope not

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
FWIW
IF Melo commits they will sign and trade Boozer plus assets to Utah. If he doesn't they will outright amnesty him. Just passing along what I heard we expect word today btw.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
the magic basically salary dumped affllalo so I don't think we had a legit shot
:what:
Don't we have some un-guaranteed contracts we could've sent them?

Bulls could have easily sent Orlando Snell and a 2nd to get Afflalo. Snell makes 1.4M this season, and the next 2 years are 2 are team options.
Fournier makes 1.4M this season with the following year a team option.

They are both comparable players and if the Magic only wanted a young wing, I don't see why the Bulls wouldn't offer that. They still had 2 1st Round Picks to work with as well, and there were multiple wings that they could have drafted at 16 and 19 who were better prospects than Tony Snell.

Bulls being loyal to unproven 1 year players who couldn't even do what he was drafted to do.

:dahell:

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:what:

Bulls could have easily sent Orlando Snell and a 2nd to get Afflalo. Snell makes 1.4M this season, and the next 2 years are 2 are team options.
Fournier makes 1.4M this season with the following year a team option.

They are both comparable players and if the Magic only wanted a young wing, I don't see why the Bulls wouldn't offer that. They still had 2 1st Round Picks to work with as well, and there were multiple wings that they could have drafted at 16 and 19 who were better prospects than Tony Snell.

Bulls being loyal to unproven 1 year players who couldn't even do what he was drafted to do.

:dahell:
Not with Melo as the main option tho. We just didn't have the space outright. We had the nonguarantees plus picks to get Afflalo. But that obviously wasn't our objective.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Not with Melo as the main option tho. We just didn't have the space outright. We had the nonguarantees plus picks to get Afflalo. But that obviously wasn't our objective.
What was the objective then? Do you know what it was/is?

I don't think the Bulls know what it is, so I highly doubt you do. Every analyst has said for years the Bulls need perimeter help, so why are the main names that we're hearing for this team outside of Melo, Pau Gasol, Mirotic, and Shawn Marion? Why are those guys even targets when we still don't have shooting at the 2 spot? We still don't have another guy that can break his defender down off the dribble.

Mirotic and McDermott is redundant, and even if they both pan out, it still means Rose has to create the majority of the offense for this team.

If the objective was the get Melo, then why did they take in Randolph's salary to move up to get McDermott and offer that man 15M per year? Why do that when Mirotic is coming over and they (he and McDermott) are very similar players?

Elaborate on what the "objective" is for me

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
FWIW
IF Melo commits they will sign and trade Boozer plus assets to Utah. If he doesn't they will outright amnesty him. Just passing along what I heard we expect word today btw.
No need to pass this along, because it's pure :duck:

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
What was the objective then? Do you know what it was/is?

I don't think the Bulls know what it is, so I highly doubt you do. Every analyst has said for years the Bulls need perimeter help, so why are the main names that we're hearing for this team outside of Melo, Pau Gasol, Mirotic, and Shawn Marion? Why are those guys even targets when we still don't have shooting at the 2 spot? We still don't have another guy that can break his defender down off the dribble.

Mirotic and McDermott is redundant, and even if they both pan out, it still means Rose has to create the majority of the offense for this team.

If the objective was the get Melo, then why did they take in Randolph's salary to move up to get McDermott and offer that man 15M per year? Why do that when Mirotic is coming over and they (he and McDermott) are very similar players?

Elaborate on what the "objective" is for me
McDermott and Mirotic play two different positions there is no redundancy. There was no offer and McDermott was independent of adding Melo or not because we needed his skillset. To me the lack of interest in 2 guards and curious offseason target is weird it is either means we are dealing someone to balance the roster namely Taj or we believe we can still get Melo in a sign and trade. I still expect us to look at Stephenson.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
is it official we out of melo sweepstakes ??

front office is a joke , i told ya ll going into a meeting and asking melo to take a paycut was insulting

completely incompeteny , they need to have a house cleaning ASAP

it sucks being out of the loop brehs , this vaca has been stressful lol

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
McDermott and Mirotic play two different positions there is no redundancy. There was no offer and McDermott was independent of adding Melo or not because we needed his skillset. To me the lack of interest in 2 guards and curious offseason target is weird it is either means we are dealing someone to balance the roster namely Taj or we believe we can still get Melo in a sign and trade. I still expect us to look at Stephenson.
:duck:

If 8.8M ain't enough for him in Indy what the Bulls going to offer dude? And MiroEuro and McBuckets is redundant, because they both have the same skillset. We're hoping that McBuckets can be serviceable at the 3, we still don't know that. They'll both be guys that will be here for their shooting primarily and floor spacing. Both guys are probably best as 3rd or 4th options in the NBA and the Bulls still don't have a legit 2nd option right now and the 1st option hasn't played in 2 years.

Gil Scott-Heroin

✊🏿
Daps
JRSmith_Chicago_Final_Medium.png

It's meant to be :mjpls:

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
is it official we out of melo sweepstakes ??

front office is a joke , i told ya ll going into a meeting and asking melo to take a paycut was insulting

completely incompeteny , they need to have a house cleaning ASAP

it sucks being out of the loop brehs , this vaca has been stressful lol
Woj has it down to Houston, Us, and New York