Facing Emergency, DC prepares to pass new crime bill/* Secure DC Act signed into law 03/11/24

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
How could people raise their kids more law abiding and respectful in the past with less resources and education than some of these bum ass parents have today? Why do people keep making excuses for shytty parents? Nobody wants to admit that most of the shyt done by these bad ass kids is because they have bad ass parents that have completely neglected their duties as parents. If those same shytty parents had a dog that bit somebody then they could be sued and forced to pay, but you seem to be implying that the shytty parents can just turn their bad ass kids loose on society and they shouldn't be forced to pay.
When was this time were there was no teens committing crime?

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
In Northwest? SMH You know how much people pay to live in some areas of NW...
Uptown/NW is on fukking fire

People paying all that money just to step outside & see junkies & tranny drug dealers getting into group fights

After 10 connetticut ave is zombie land, even by the zoo like @Malcolmxxx_23 said earlier

You can literally get it anywhere

All these beefs are in Uptown

Side note, its crazy how we starting to get a drill scene aka “FreeCar music” & i hate to be that guy but this shyt is seriously speeding up the violence:francis:

It was always violence but back then it was more fun. Now this shyt is just evil smh

Mayor bowser faggit ass needs to do something PRONTO instead of making new speed cameras , worrying about fare hopping & other dumb shyt.She clearly caters to the rich gentrifiers

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There was never that time and I have already stated that all crime would not stop. But you are not about to sit up here and say that crime wouldn't be reduced by parents being forced to take responsibility for their children. Because that would be ridiculous.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Uptown/NW is on fukking fire

People paying all that money just to step outside & see junkies & tranny drug dealers getting into group fights

After 10 connetticut ave is zombie land, even by the zoo like @Malcolmxxx_23 said earlier

You can literally get it anywhere

All these beefs are in Uptown

Side note, its crazy how we starting to get a drill scene aka “FreeCar music” & i hate to be that guy but this shyt is seriously speeding up the violence:francis:

It was always violence but back then it was more fun. Now this shyt is just evil smh

Mayor bowser faggit ass needs to do something PRONTO instead of making new speed cameras , worrying about fare hopping & other dumb shyt.She clearly caters to the rich gentrifiers

I’m on kennedy and our neighborhood has quieted down a lot since the fed sweep

The new police commissioner seems to care so hopefully we see declines in homcides. They announced a youth curfew as well. There’s also huge issues with the USAO office which prosecutes crimes and our crime lab which is unaccredited still. MPD is a joke of course. They barely deploy officers to problem spots.

I did read something about the amount of shootings is down but homicides is up because these dudes are using heavy duty guns (automatic, switches etc. ) I’m not a gun dude so maybe someone knows more about this than me can explain further

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)

When we talk about crimes and especially with crime stats, we talk about it in RELATIVE TERMS meaning we compare across time periods (longitudinal) crime rates.

Nobody is saying here there was a time when crime did not exist that's impossible because there is always the human element and human beings are flawed and some engage in anti-social behaviors such as committing crimes. The better analysis is to compare the crime rates over a period of time time (RELATIVE and LONGITUDINAL).

Nobody is making the argument in an ABSOLUTE terms meaning saying that there was a time where no crimes were being committed by teens. The sentiment I am getting even from tweets is that today is a lot worse than ________ (insert previous time period). People are making a RELATIVE argument and not saying that there was a time when teens were not committing crimes at all (ABSOLUTE).

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
"On average, any given homicide suspect in D.C. has already been arrested 11 times before he or she actually commits homicide."

"Within the first three months of 2023, the city "had over 100 cases where people were charged with a crime of violence, released pretrial and recommitted another violent offense"

Geez, staying my ass out of DC.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
My family been in SE for 50 years (Congress Heights) and this is the worse it’s ever been according to the OG’s around the neighborhood, it wasn’t even this bad during the crack era because innocent people weren’t being targeted that much back then like they are now. I do UberEATS part time around the city and I’ve witness a few homicides and I‘ve seen countless shootings, fights and I even had random dudes try to start shyt with me while I’m simply just doing my job. It’s basically the Wild West up here at this moment and I don’t see things getting better as long as the juvenile criminals remain on the loose and free from repercussion. :francis:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
"On average, any given homicide suspect in D.C. has already been arrested 11 times before he or she actually commits homicide."

"Within the first three months of 2023, the city "had over 100 cases where people were charged with a crime of violence, released pretrial and recommitted another violent offense"

Geez, staying my ass out of DC.
It’s always repeat offenders. Look up my thread on how this country has a judge problem

You had coli’s on weirdo bron Stan and SEC hater @Rhakim in there writing paragraphs on how it was wrong to lock criminals up

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
It’s always repeat offenders. Look up my thread on how this country has a judge problem

You had coli’s on weirdo bron Stan and SEC hater @Rhakim in there writing paragraphs on how it was wrong to lock criminals up

At least you were clear on what actually makes you mad. :russ:

Wasn't the last discussion we had on this topic about you defending a 'Bama player who drove a gun to a pair of guys looking to blow someone's head off, and going on and on about how it would be wrong for him to face the slightest consequences whatsoever?

I've never been against violent people facing consequences. What I'm against is locking up people without having proven their guilt, and locking up people without working towards restoration and rehabilitation. The way our prison system currently works, most folk who end up into it are MORE likely to commit crimes as a result of having been there, and that's fukked up. We should look to nations who have much lower recidivism rates and see how differently they do it.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
When has there been a march for shooting a juvenile that held someone at gun point?
Please don’t be obtuse. :comeon: As if the circumstances have ever mattered. Armed or not, the family of these criminals are almost always the first ones to scream “he didn’t deserve to die.”

Look at what happened in D.C. recently:

Now, do I think he deserved to die? Absolutely not but you’re out at 4AM, breaking into cars. You live with the consequences for your actions.

Do the homeowners have time to ascertain the age of the criminal or to find out if he’s armed? Do you honestly believe there would be less outrage if he held one of the victims up at gun point?

I can find more examples where a criminal is killed either by the police or civilians whilst committing a crime, and their family/community wants to act outraged at everyone but their own shytty child.

BOA2Cdp.png

People are sick and tired of being sick and tired. Why should people not fight back when these hoodlums have no regard for other people’s lives or property?

br82186

Superstar
Daps
But if he had a strap and busted back, there would be marches for those little shyt heads. Society is fukked.
No it wouldn't the only people who would be marching are who refuse to know the whole story and will willfully call the teen a victim.