Facing Emergency, DC prepares to pass new crime bill/* Secure DC Act signed into law 03/11/24

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
I was doing work at DCCK last week and we were talking about that Giant on Alabama Ave…

I used to shop there when I lived in Stanton Road. Shameful! Folks told me that they stealing stuff, walking right out front and selling it smh.

This isn’t the “white man” doing this, this is OUR own people hurting ourselves. Man, I was honestly mad when I heard about that. There’s only two stores in ward 8 (both on Alabama Ave) and one bout to close smh. Think about grandma or great auntie who whole life gonna change because of that. Nah, we NEVER think about them.

Sad state of affairs man

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
When people have a financial interest at stake then they are more likely to take an interest in raising their brats. It won't stop all juvenile crime, but it will bring it down.
Proof?

I know people that work in the legal and social work fields in DC. Many of these kids DO NOT have parents or stable homes. Or their parents are addicts or they live with grandma. How do you address that?

And if you lock up the parents, what do you with the kids? After the return home from jail how will you prevent them going back?

banner34

Superstar
Daps
When people have a financial interest at stake then they are more likely to take an interest in raising their brats. It won't stop all juvenile crime, but it will bring it down.
People needs to stop having kids out of wedlock. A lot of kids grow up in single parent homes with no structure.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
The councilman is wrong for still moving like that but his clown ass constituents in his DM’s (if they’re even his constituents) are no better definitely seem like the type to say what they need is more community centers and for the community to volunteer more with youth in the midst of car jackings, store ransacks, murders, robberies, and assaults of innocent people.

FUKK EM :pacspit:

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

With all due respect, this seems like a deflection. He and a number of community organizations held the press conference about the reality of crime driving away businesses ,goods/services,,and jobs from that community.

The things he detailed in his comments, including that supermarket chain blocking doors and the fire dept. citing them and forcing them to stop were covered in the news

Are you saying that he and the rest of them are lying about the possible effect of losses on that store maybe closing doors in the future?

Are politicians supposed to stay quiet about the different ways that crime affects a neighborhood?

Last edited:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
With all due respect, this seems like a deflection. He and a number of community organizations held the press conference about the reality of crime driving away businesses ,goods/services,,and jobs from that community.

The things he detailed in his comments, including that store blocking doors and the fire dept. citing them and forcing them to stop were covered in the news

Are you saying that he and the rest of them are lying about the possible effect of losses on that store maybe closing doors in the future?

Are politicians supposed to stay quiet about the different ways that crime affects a neighborhood?
this isn't a deflection. I"m directly addressing this: (see bolded which are projections and outside assumptions)
The councilman in the news segment is probably working to get investment and jobs into his district. But why would any private investment move forward when a long standing existing business there is bleeding to death?

That councilman is likely born and raised in DC, probably 6th generation family there. Certain he knows the full details of the history and social conditions. And that he's tried to direct and distribute resources to residents. He is calling out the bottom feeders who want to take shortcuts. And by HIM doing it, it calls BS on the ones who don't acknowledge that element.

You don't live in DC to know who Trayon White is or what he's doing or not doing. You're projecting alot on to him. He's not doing anything to get investment into Ward 8. He's for symbolic victories like renaming Good Hope Road SE and dumb ideas like getting the National Guard to patrol DC. Frankly Mayor Bowswer has done alot more than she is given credit for for getting investment into Ward 8 and EOTR.

He is more examples of him blocking investment EOTR

I give him credit for being the only voice of working class former Chocalate City on the DC Council but dude is overall a clown.

EDIT: to the extent its relevant, dude was also jacking cars and committing crimes as a youth. don't assume he is "hard on crime" because that would be inaccurate.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
this isn't a deflection. I"m directly addressing this: (see bolded which are projections and outside assumptions)

You don't live in DC to know who Trayon White is or what he's doing or not doing. You're projecting alot on to him. He's not doing anything to get investment into Ward 8. He's for symbolic victories like renaming Good Hope Road SE and dumb ideas like getting the National Guard to patrol DC. Frankly Mayor Bowswer has done alot more than she is given credit for for getting investment into Ward 8 and EOTR.

He is more examples of him blocking investment EOTR

I give him credit for being the only voice of working class former Chocalate City on the DC Council but dude is overall a clown.

EDIT: to the extent its relevant, dude was also jacking cars and committing crimes as a youth. don't assume he is "hard on crime" because that would be inaccurate.

Deflection from the actual topic of discussion, which was the reason for that press conference.

Yout thoughts on the matters discussed at that presser?

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Deflection from the actual topic of discussion, which was the reason for that press conference.

Yout thoughts on the matters discussed at that presser?
You are the one deflecting. Ignoring something doesn’t make it not true or disappear. My thoughts:
juveniles are behind the crime wave in DC and they aren't committing crimes to feed themselves. Maybe some are but the reality is that if you are hungry in DC, there are plenty of services available for you.

I’m fully aware of the grocery store situation in DC and PG and the issues they are facing with declining profits and theft.

The store has no plans to close : https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2023/08/11/giant-supermarket-ward-8-dc-future/

And if it does, it will be Bowser and DC developers who lead the charge to get groceries built not Trayvon “Jews control the weather” white.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't understand why people think this is wild take lol
I don't either. When I was a kid if I broke something then my parents would have to pay for it. Then I would have to pay for it at the house. I then realized that breaking shyt had a consequence and I changed my evil ways and became more careful to avoid breaking shyt. Pretty straight forward to me.

At the end of the day parents are responsible for their children conduct. If they didn't neglect their children then their children would have better behavior. The parents that don't want to accept responsibility for their children are irresponsible and they need to be forced to pay for that irresponsibility.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I don't either. When I was a kid if I broke something then my parents would have to pay for it. Then I would have to pay for it at the house. I then realized that breaking shyt had a consequence and I changed my evil ways and became more careful to avoid breaking shyt. Pretty straight forward to me.

At the end of the day parents are responsible for their children conduct. If they didn't neglect their children then their children would have better behavior. The parents that don't want to accept responsibility for their children are irresponsible and they need to be forced to pay for that irresponsibility.
a vested interest in the community as in something you or your family built and maintains is fundamental and critical factor in actually valuing your surroundings along with the others who share it

that whole component is fukking gone and people just talk around it. even the guys who leave and come back to reinvest get seen as outsiders because the concept is literally foreign at this point. the disconnect is that jarring.

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
I was doing work at DCCK last week and we were talking about that Giant on Alabama Ave…

I used to shop there when I lived in Stanton Road. Shameful! Folks told me that they stealing stuff, walking right out front and selling it smh.

This isn’t the “white man” doing this, this is OUR own people hurting ourselves. Man, I was honestly mad when I heard about that. There’s only two stores in ward 8 (both on Alabama Ave) and one bout to close smh. Think about grandma or great auntie who whole life gonna change because of that. Nah, we NEVER think about them.

Sad state of affairs man
That area is on it’s way to being gentrified too.

I grew up right around the corner from there. It’s getting more expensive