Facing Emergency, DC prepares to pass new crime bill/* Secure DC Act signed into law 03/11/24

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
You are the one deflecting. Ignoring something doesn’t make it not true or disappear. My thoughts:

I’m fully aware of the grocery store situation in DC and PG and the issues they are facing with declining profits and theft.

The store has no plans to close :
Yeah, in post #367 in the news video that I posted @1 minute mark they read a statement from Giant.
If you acknowledge the small segment of the residents who are committing crimes and ruining things for the rest, I don't see what you disagree with about what was said at the press conference. Still haven't heard what you disagree with.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2023/08/11/giant-supermarket-ward-8-dc-future/

And if it does, it will be Bowser and DC developers who lead the charge to get groceries built not Trayvon “Jews control the weather” white.

White is the elected Councilman for that district. Comments about his criminal past, his current online shenanigans, his competence, or him butting heads with the Mayor doesn't change that.

The elected Mayor of DC is definitely at the forefront of development that comes in. That was never questioned in this thread. Not once.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I don't either. When I was a kid if I broke something then my parents would have to pay for it. Then I would have to pay for it at the house. I then realized that breaking shyt had a consequence and I changed my evil ways and became more careful to avoid breaking shyt. Pretty straight forward to me.

At the end of the day parents are responsible for their children conduct. If they didn't neglect their children then their children would have better behavior. The parents that don't want to accept responsibility for their children are irresponsible and they need to be forced to pay for that irresponsibility.

a vested interest in the community as in something you or your family built and maintains is fundamental and critical factor in actually valuing your surroundings along with the others who share it

that whole component is fukking gone and people just talk around it. even the guys who leave and come back to reinvest get seen as outsiders because the concept is literally foreign at this point. the disconnect is that jarring.
Are y’all willing to acknowledge that there will always be a portion of parents that will not raise their kids correctly or kids will not responding properly to the the proper parenting?

Also the “just raise your kids” rhetoric ignores accessibility

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are y’all willing to acknowledge that there will always be a portion of parents that will not raise their kids correctly or kids will not responding properly to the the proper parenting?

Also the “just raise your kids” rhetoric ignores accessibility
How could people raise their kids more law abiding and respectful in the past with less resources and education than some of these bum ass parents have today? Why do people keep making excuses for shytty parents? Nobody wants to admit that most of the shyt done by these bad ass kids is because they have bad ass parents that have completely neglected their duties as parents. If those same shytty parents had a dog that bit somebody then they could be sued and forced to pay, but you seem to be implying that the shytty parents can just turn their bad ass kids loose on society and they shouldn't be forced to pay.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
How could people raise their kids more law abiding and respectful in the past with less resources and education than some of these bum ass parents have today? Why do people keep making excuses for shytty parents? Nobody wants to admit that most of the shyt done by these bad ass kids is because they have bad ass parents that have completely neglected their duties as parents. If those same shytty parents had a dog that bit somebody then they could be sued and forced to pay, but you seem to be implying that the shytty parents can just turn their bad ass kids loose on society and they shouldn't be forced to pay.
It's multidimensional IMO:
1. Culture of willing to have kids and care less if a father is around.
2. Single parents working so much they spend very little time with their kids.
3. Folks restricting abortions on people who don't want kids from the beginning.
4. Culture of acting an ass and not taking education seriously.
5. Culture where street credibility is more praised than honest hard work.
5. ...............and the list goes on.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's multidimensional IMO:
1. Culture of willing to have kids and care less if a father is around.
2. Single parents working so much they spend very little time with their kids.
3. Folks restricting abortions on people who don't want kids from the beginning.
4. Culture of acting an ass and not taking education seriously.
5. Culture where street credibility is more praised than honest hard work.
5. ...............and the list goes on.
The list goes on and on, but most important one is personal responsibility for the parents. They are allowed to be irresponsible parents because there is no system in place making them liable for the bad conduct of their children.