Facing Emergency, DC prepares to pass new crime bill/* Secure DC Act signed into law 03/11/24

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
what violent crimes on the streets are the police stopping?

Police aren't Superheroes. They don't have spider senses, teleportation, or super speed. They can't magically appear when a car jacking is happening at 2a.m. In your scenario you would need a 1:1 ratio of cops to civilians, on every corner.

And since you blaming the Police, why not the DA? The Judge? How are these criminals getting out so easily?

End of the day, the shyt starts from the Parents and the Community.

Veteran
Daps
then their budget and the number of police jobs need to be reduced significantly. they’re useless.

use that money to target systemic issues that cause people to commit crimes if you want to prevent crimes. reduction of poverty and income/wealth inequality would be a start.

No they aren't useless. They stop crime everyday.

Committing crime because of systemic issues is bullshyt. These dudes robbing elder women and killing kids. Get the fukk outta here.:camby:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Police aren't Superheroes. They don't have spider senses, teleportation, or super speed. They can't magically appear when a car jacking is happening at 2a.m. In your scenario you would need a 1:1 ratio of cops to civilians, on every corner.

And since you blaming the Police, why not the DA? The Judge? How are these criminals getting out so easily?

End of the day, the shyt starts from the Parents and the Community.
it actually starts way before the parents and the community.

however it sounds like police are useless and we need to reimagine how policing is done in this country if they can’t serve their core function.

giving them more resources to continue their inability to protect people isn’t the answer.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The cops are really lax and chill here and seem more of a responsive than proactive force. The root of this all is income inequality though. DC has the have nots living on the same block as the haves. Bound to be issues.

I dont really know what police could do other than locking people up before they do crimes like with the RICO:francis:. Cant honestly say I would be happy to see that happen. But locking up people who sign up to murder,sell drugs,steal etc. Based on the assumption you think they will actually murder,sell drugs,steal at some point is about as proactive as you can get. But proactive police brings alot of discrimination,and more potential to lock up innocent people. Not to mention more police interactions,which isnt safe for black men.

Personally if I was in charge I would just use money as the motivator. People dont like to snitch,but if the price is right they will. Soon as a crime happens we would send out alerts by text with a price. Send me a tip along with your cashapp:mjgrin:

That way Im getting tips immediately within the first 48. And people can feel comfortable giving tips discreetly. If multiple people send the same tip,they split the reward like the lottery. I feel like this is probably cheaper than the millions they will spend on more weapons,more cops,more surveilence.

But truthfully they just trying to create more jobs and get cooler toys for themselves:respect:

Veteran
Daps
it actually starts way before the parents and the community.

however it sounds like police are useless and we need to reimagine how policing is done in this country if they can’t serve their core function.

giving them more resources to continue their inability to protect people isn’t the answer.

The police are not useless. You and your family would be on the streets butt ass naked if criminals had free reign.

Like I said before, they are not superheroes. So how are you expecting them be everywhere at anytime.

The system has nothing to do with this. This is just a lazy and pathetic fakkit who don't want to work.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Stevie Wonder saw this coming....and you kiddin yourself if it's not gonna spread to other places.

Only so long people are gonna stand for the bullshyt. When these crimin' mufukkaz start fukkin up the money, it's a wrap.

People forget the last crime bill was pushed heavily by big cities that had black mayors and shyt.

Hopefully mufukkaz chill the fukk out going forward. Especially the youngins there acting the fool.
That Lyft/Uber driver getting shot up was the final straw. It's too many pre teens and teens wilding the hell out and either never getting caught or getting laughable charges.

Also have to start going after the parents for some of the fcckery, still remember the stupid ish the parents of that kid who was shot by the home owner was doing after he got shot.

Veteran
Daps
The jump out boys making a comeback. Full blown profiling making a comeback. Had the DC police union head on TV crying about being "shackled" on dealing with crime.:mjpls:

All them carjackings going on by these bad ass kids. All them bammas crashing out in the area. It's zero surprise the pushback is coming in.

The working class people are TIRED. :francis::yeshrug:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No they aren't useless. They stop crime everyday.

Committing crime because of systemic issues is bullshyt. These dudes robbing elder women and killing kids. Get the fukk outta here.:camby:

you are fully copagandized if you believe police are out here stopping crime like that

getting the violent criminals off the streets is fine with me, which is why I didn’t highlight those parts of the proposed legislation in my initial post. however it does nothing to address the issues that cause violent crime to spike, so more criminals will be created in the future as we fail to address the systemic reasons and continue to waste funds on useless and corrupt police departments.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That Lyft/Uber driver getting shot up was the final straw.

Wait, what???? :dahell:
It's too many pre teens and teens wilding the hell out and either never getting caught or getting laughable charges.

Also have to start going after the parents for some of the fcckery, still remember the stupid ish the parents of that kid who was shot by the home owner was doing after he got shot.

Parents doing time for their kids poor decisions is NEXT.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
THIS 100%.

Cops get rewarded when crime drops and get more tools/weapons when crime spikes.

Imagine teachers getting more vacation time and better computers when kids test scores go down.

Also notice that we spend more time policing the poor but we gut the IRS so they can't chase after rich tax evaders.

they betta not reward them mufukkaz when the shyt does drop.

"So NOWWWW, yall gon do your job?" :rudy: