Facing Emergency, DC prepares to pass new crime bill/* Secure DC Act signed into law 03/11/24

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Anybody could see this coming nationwide. Enjoy the zoo within the zoo. If parents are going to continue to fail their children,might as well let the system take a crack at raising them. And I know some parents do they damndest. But its alot of parents consumed with bullshyt who aint really invested in they kids:francis:

Get your prison stocks:respect:(CXW & GEO)

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Anybody could see this coming nationwide. Enjoy the zoo within the zoo. If parents are going to continue to fail their children,might as well let the system take a crack at raising them. And I know some parents do they damndest. But its alot of parents consumed with bullshyt who aint really invested in they kids:francis:

Get your prison stocks:respect:(CXW & GEO)
shyt is sad.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
According to Bowser's office, the legislation will:
  • Increase the reimbursement for the District’s popular Private Security Camera System Incentive Program which strengthens public safety by increasing the network of cameras available to assist MPD in solving crimes and closing cases.
  • Supervisory agencies shall, upon request of MPD, provide MPD with location and identification data collected from any detection device necessary in conducting a criminal law enforcement investigation.

most of it doesn’t sound unreasonable, but these two are just proof that cops are mostly useless.

relying on surveillance to catch people/do their investigations for them

Daps
No where, ever, are the police held accountable for crime, ever.
Basically weaponizing the courts, expanding surveillance, and allow for the police use meta data from devices and and dna in criminal investigations, not court proceedings but investigations.

Where’s the mandate from the people that police reduce crime or lose funding? They get more power and resources as a result of more crime…make it make sense.
THIS 100%.

Cops get rewarded when crime drops and get more tools/weapons when crime spikes.

Imagine teachers getting more vacation time and better computers when kids test scores go down.

Also notice that we spend more time policing the poor but we gut the IRS so they can't chase after rich tax evaders.

Daps

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Basically weaponizing the courts, expanding surveillance, and allow for the police use meta data from devices and and dna in criminal investigations, not court proceedings but investigations.

Where’s the mandate from the people that police reduce crime or lose funding? They get more power and resources as a result of more crime…make it make sense.
Police ain’t shyt there, that’s a start. They get paid large salaries to basically just hang out and harass people that aren’t doing shyt. Another problem a lot of communities have is recycle crime. Allowing people who commit crime to do less time by telling is a big problem with preventing crime. Dudes commit crimes, tell get out and go right back to committing more crimes.

How exactly are police supposed to stop 15 teenagers from ransacking a store?

Black people placing the blame on others. I done seen this a million times.

new-edition.gif

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.

I actually live in DC and to keep it 100 it’s largely black men and boys killing each other and carjacking each other. I knew people who were victims of carjackings and there’s been mad shootings around my neighborhood almost every night (I live in Congress Heights) and I WITNESSED homicide victims being duffle up while their family members are crying nearby. This isn’t a police issue, it’s dudes having no morality and proper home training and being influenced by Trap and Drill music which celebrates black death issue.

voiture

Superstar
Daps

Since when is the police responsible for reducing crime? It's not their job. Supreme court even made it clear the cops are not obligated to protect you.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since when is the police responsible for reducing crime? It's not their job. Supreme court even made it clear the cops are not obligated to protect you.
then their budget and the number of police jobs need to be reduced significantly. they’re useless.

use that money to target systemic issues that cause people to commit crimes if you want to prevent crimes. reduction of poverty and income/wealth inequality would be a start.