Facing Emergency, DC prepares to pass new crime bill/* Secure DC Act signed into law 03/11/24

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I'm not even sure how this gets fixed without dealing with the centuries of economic predation. The city isn't equipped for it.
People are stealing because they can , and the violence is occuring because there are fewer police to prevent/curb it. Govt is directing people to food banks and other resources, but the element out there engaging in this behavior are who they are, who they always will be.

The regular residents are from same background and face the same challenges, but they do not resort to crime. Only the lowlifes do.

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
These are the effects and you still got people wanting to be soft and thinking shyt is a game. This is how neighborhoods eat themselves alive.

When the issue of food deserts come up, the speaker NEVER mentions why there are no supermarkets and produce stores around. And why the old ones closed.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Income inequality drives crime not poverty in of itself.

Ward 8 is the worst part of the city on every metric. Crime would go down if the same attention and investment the rest of the city gets happened in ward 8

Also Some of y’all don’t live in DC or the DMV and should refrain from making blanket statements that may or may not be applicable to DC

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
Alotta hoods/sets beefing. Unheard of shyt like 5 different hoods clicking up to drive across town to beef.

Random sporadic violence. People are on edge & inflation makes it worse. Even civilians are getting in on the action. Families fulla squares hunting down street dudes for their loved ones. Road rage. Etc etc

And to make it worse, the income equality is so bad it’s right in your face. 1 block on New York fulla junkies/section 8 , the next fulla snooty gentrifying cacs who act holier than thou/look at you crazy & wonder why a 16 year old spits in their face & pistol whips them (true story). Not to mention, invading our neighborhoods & tryna ruin the ALREADY established culture (tryna shut down the metro pcs store that plays go go by georgia ave). And a fakkit bougie mayor that caters to rich ppl instead of the longtime residents.

Add in the freecar music, with young impressionable teenagers living the lyrics. & creating enemies out of thin air bc of a song with 100 views.

Then the soft on crime approach that has young dudes getting MISDEMEANORS for pistol & drug charges (mererackz) bc they are under 21. Blew my mind. 1 of my youngers was getting slaps on the wrist.

Its so much. I love this area but it’s always been on fire. Gentrification don’t stop shyt even these cacs are getting it.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t have an issue with this. I need my family and loved ones to be able to safely go about their day to day.

There’s no reason I should have to be worried they’re going to carjacked in a fast food drive thru, killed on public transit or robbed while shopping in a store.

Stupid crime has been running amok. And sadly, these kids and young men are desperate to do jail time.

I’m not happy about it, but it is what it is.
I have said in thread after thread that some dudes like jail. Otherwise why do they keep doing shyt to go back. So jail is not a deterrent for them. I say give them what they like which will protect the greater society from their dangerous asses.

My problem is with the punk ass parents who have abandoned their duties to raise their juvenile children to be responsible law abiding citizens. It is time that society comes down like a ton of bricks on those parents. Those parents need to be forced to pay for their children crimes, upto and including doing jail time for child neglect and for the criminal offenses committed by their children. Those parents also need to be barred from receiving public assistance, pubic housing, Medicaid and all government assistance until they take and graduate from approved parenting classes.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I have said in thread after thread that some dudes like jail. Otherwise why do they keep doing shyt to go back. So jail is not a deterrent for them. I say give them what they like which will protect the greater society from their dangerous asses.

My problem is with the punk ass parents who have abandoned their duties to raise their juvenile children to be responsible law abiding citizens. It is time that society comes down like a ton of bricks on those parents. Those parents need to be forced to pay for their children crimes, upto and including doing jail time for child neglect and for the criminal offenses committed by their children. Those parents also need to be barred from receiving public assistance, pubic housing, Medicaid and all government assistance until they take and graduate from approved parenting classes.

whats the difference between liking jail and being institutionalized by the school to prison pipeline?

• Dap
Reactions: Dad

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
People are stealing because they want to , and the violence is occuring because there are fewer police to prevent/curb it. Govt is directing people to food banks and other resources, but the element out there engaging in this behavior are who they are, who they always will be.

The regular residents are from same background and face the same challenges, but they do not resort to crime. Only the lowlifes do.

I totally agree on the food tip. They're not stealing because they're hungry/trying to feed their family. There are lots of programs (with lots of hoops) for that type stuff.

That said, a lot of what gets stolen is stuff for resale. Laundry Detergent for example. Dude selling Tide at the barbershop is a normal thing. I was on the train and chick was trying to sell me some "Glade Plug Ins". LOL. That to me is telling me something about the economics going on.

Are they all drug addicts? Born thieves? Layabouts and raggamuffins? Professionals? Addicted to the "easy money"?

Whatever it is, the city can't address that. I'm not sure if Beverly Hills level intervention can address that. (See Winona Ryder and her thieving ass)

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
whats the difference between liking jail and being institutionalized by the school to prison pipeline?
Some nikkas love jail. That shyt is a rite of passage for those muddafuggas. We can stop telling the lies that they don't, because they do. The parents are bullsitters that need to be dealt with because their neglect of their children physical, emotional and spiritual needs has ruined innocent people lives and our communities.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I totally agree on the food tip. They're not stealing because they're hungry/trying to feed their family. There are lots of programs (with lots of hoops) for that type stuff.

That said, a lot of what gets stolen is stuff for resale. Laundry Detergent for example. Dude selling Tide at the barbershop is a normal thing. I was on the train and chick was trying to sell me some "Glade Plug Ins". LOL. That to me is telling me something about the economics going on.

Are they all drug addicts? Born thieves? Layabouts and raggamuffins? Professionals? Addicted to the "easy money"?

Whatever it is, the city can't address that. I'm not sure if Beverly Hills level intervention can address that. (See Winona Ryder and her thieving ass)
The councilman in the news segment is probably working to get investment and jobs into his district. But why would any private investment move forward when a long standing existing business there is bleeding to death?

That councilman is likely born and raised in DC, probably 6th generation family there. Certain he knows the full details of the history and social conditions. And that he's tried to direct and distribute resources to residents. He is calling out the bottom feeders who want to take shortcuts. And by HIM doing it, it calls BS on the ones who don't acknowledge that element.

There is a lowlife element that will always take shortcuts rather than earning an honest living. Have to jail and remove as many of them from communities before they victimize more people and ruin the quality of life for the regular residents.

If that store closes, that access to fresh fruit vegs./fruit is gone and so are the jobs. And future investment and development that could bring more jobs and goods/services is gone also.
The few will ruin things for the many. Have to prevent that from happening. No other way around it.

Last edited: