Faces of Africa

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Awesome thread.

Call me a dictator or whatever. But if you're black and have no admiration or at least respect for african tradition and culture or for african people as a whole then you should be shot, period. fukk your democracy and freedom of expression:birdman:

Daps
some of ya'll nikkas need to pitch in. I can't keep this alive by myself.

We westside on this side plehboi

tumblr_mlojpw1noO1s4nolao1_400.gif

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Habeshas, Berbers, Fulanis,Cape Verdeans, etc are no more "pure" than Black Americans.

Popular to common belief AA's aren't that mixed...Neither are Fulanis. For one Berbers are not one monolithic group. There are some mixed ones, white ones(from slavery/Muslim removal from Europe) and "black" ones. Hebesha's are also not one monolithic group.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Popular to common belief AA's aren't that mixed...Neither are Fulanis. For one Berbers are not one monolithic group. There are some mixed ones, white ones(from slavery/Muslim removal from Europe) and "black" ones. Hebesha's are also not one monolithic group.

I'm not breaking it down at the tribe level and "not that mixed" is up to interpretation :stopitslime:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I was making a general statement, there are plenty of admixed tribes in Africa.

And AA's are that mixed, compared with any NON mixed race group of people...

I know there are plenty of admixed tribes in Africa. But the thing is I was pointing out to you that the African groups you posted are not one monolithic people, that's all. For example some Berbers are really admixed, while some are not.

And also who are you comparing AA's too? For one thing there is no such thing as "non mixed" race of people. But anyways:

Numerous studies have estimated the rate of European admixture in African Americans; these studies have documented average admixture rates in the range of 10% to 20%, with some regional variation, but also with substantial variation among individuals [1]. For example, the largest study of African Americans to date, based on autosomal short tandem repeat (STR) markers, found an average of 14% European ancestry with a standard deviation of approximately 10%, and a range of near 0 to 65% [1], whereas another study based on ancestry informative markers (AIMs) found an average of 17.7% European ancestry with a standard deviation of 15.0% [2]. By using nine AIMs, Parra and colleagues [3] found substantial variation of European ancestry proportions in African-American populations across the United States, ranging from just over 10% in a Philadelphia group to more than 20% in a New Orleans population. Similar levels (11% to 15%) of European ancestry also were reported by Tishkoff and co-workers [4], based on more than 1,000 nuclear microsatellite and insertion/deletion markers.

Genome Biology | Full text | Characterizing the admixed African ancestry of African Americans

AA's on average only have a maximum of 20% European DNA. IIRC Don Cheadle only has around 20% European DNA, yet phenotypically he looks like this:
MV5BNDMxNDM3MzY5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjkzOTY4MQ@@._V1_SY317_CR17,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Most people tend to forget that AA's are a mixture of many African ethnics, especially those from the Sahel who are fairly light skinned. I already posted slave traders stating how light the Igbo's are who a lot of AA's descend from.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
This dude is saying 10-20 % is not significant for a mulatto race :laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

Phenotype has shyt to do with how mixed you are :russ:

And yes, we could ALWAYS tell the West African kids from Black Americans in school :comeon:

I know there are plenty of admixed tribes in Africa. But the thing is I was pointing out to you that the African groups you posted are not one monolithic people, that's all. For example some Berbers are really admixed, while some are not.

And also who are you comparing AA's too? For one thing there is no such thing as "non mixed" race of people. But anyways:

Mixed race as in mulatto, not slightly admixed

And my point that being indigenous to Africa does not mean "pure"