Fable development supposedly rebooted (update)

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Yoooo does XBOX even has a set in stone AAA game for sure dropping this year?? I can see Starfield getting pushed back again....

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
I mean it’s just an engine, it's like saying you can't make 3rd person games on ID tech, at the end of the day it's just a bunch of tools and rendering scripts.
And I’m sure Sony could designed a first-person shooter on MLB The Show engine. Doesn’t mean that they should. The engine was designed and optimized for a specific genre. Stupid as fukk to go in and have to rewrite code, redesign tools, etc to make it applicable to a different genre. Just better off using a truly dynamic engine or starting from scratch anyway.

Stupid decision and they are dealing with the consequences.

:snooze:

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Forza engine for this? :mjgrin:

Coming off the tope rope for the twenty trey on yall xbots :banderas:

Hitchens

Pro
Daps
Lf8QXBR_d.webp
This is why I don't understand the Phil Spencer standom by gamers and gaming journalists. Phil Spencer has a laughable and lousy track record but yet he is seen by gamers and gaming journalists as a brilliant wunderkind. He is the most unsuccessful successful executive ever. He is a dud.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is why I don't understand the Phil Spencer standom by gamers and gaming journalists. Phil Spencer has a laughable and lousy track record but yet he is seen by gamers and gaming journalists as a brilliant wunderkind. He is the most unsuccessful successful executive ever. He is a dud.

They say this guy is a gamer yet he always calls it wrong with his own games. He loves Destiny and GoW though :francis:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
They say this guy is a gamer yet he always calls it wrong with his own games. He loves Destiny and GoW though :francis:

:mindblown: i do not understand how he fails upward consistently!!! Cliffy B is more in the know about games than him... xbox needs new blood fam..:mjlol: these corporate white guys aint cutting it anymore... they need someone young who knows, sleeps and breathes video games...

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Xbox was mismanaged in recent times. The OG xbox and 360 weren't mismanaged at all :skip:
The Red Ring of Death was good management? Kinect focus was good management? Rareware spending most of their post-Nintendo history making meh games was good management? Letting Bungie go only to later watch them run to Sony was good management?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Phil Spencer is pretty much the best thing to happen to Xbox. He got the full backing of Microsoft and Nadella behind Xbox. Them investing in Minecraft, Zenimax, Activision was because he sold the CEO on it. Game Pass was him. Cross platform multiplayer he pushed it through. Backwards compatibility was him. Smart delivery.

He’s done a great job. I can’t fault him for having the Xbox One be so trash because Mattrick started that under Ballmer. Can’t fault him for the early Xbox Series software struggle because COVID happened.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
at least they got something to play and someone's making money :mjgrin: fable been playing bait and switch for damn near 10 years with nothing to show for it but disappointment lol

I know :heh: but its still crazy how this one game has literally billions of dollars behind it and NO full game at all... just piecemeal online service... like damn is the game ever coming out???:dead: