Ezekiel 25:17 ...When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee - Official 2016 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Romo's contract is on the books regardless if we trade him or not. Only difference in a June 1st designation cut or trade is 5.5 mill in savings for 2017
This.

Someone will trade for him though. Im pretty sure it will be a conditional pick where the amount of games/snaps he plays determine which round pick we get.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I don't really pay much attention to special teams but dude was a holding machine it seemed on the few chances he got recently. When you a Lucky type dude you can't make those types of mistakes unfortunately. I doubt our st will be that bad without him shyt was sooo awesome with him.

Nah man that nikka got called for holding on every opportunity he had. One play was huge and the holding wasn't even necessary. How he was able to board the team charter back to Dallas I don't know. But fukk him.

Darius Jackson I do think we regret though.

Brehs is Leary's issue serious or just precautionary? I didn't even know this nikka was hurt.

And how yall feel bout Mo GlassBourne coming back in the playoffs after missing 9 games? I don't trust putting him in the lineup after all that time missed. Anthony Brown been balling and Scandrick starting to find himself again as Draya must be giving the nikka the business.
:dwillhuh:

Mayle has been praised everywhere for his special teams play since the call up. Yall haven't noticed his work as a gunner? He's always in the PR's lap on punts.

I'm not going to defend his blocking but the holding call that negated the Elliott TD in the Redskins game was bullshyt. If you rewatch it, he was moving his feet and had perfect hand position. Broaddus said it was a pancake block. His blocking wasn't good in the TB game but it's been ok since then. He's a receiver playing TE so I give him some slack. I'm upset mainly b/c of his quality special teams play and I wanted him to compete for Butler's spot next year since he's a FA. He would have been a cheap option there. Same thing with D. Jax....another cheap player under contract for a few years. If we're going to pay some of these FA's on defense and Zach Martin we have to save money here and there. Seems like the team wanted him back too.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
:dwillhuh:

Mayle has been praised everywhere for his special teams play since the call up. Yall haven't noticed his work as a gunner? He's always in the PR's lap on punts.

I'm not going to defend his blocking but the holding call that negated the Elliott TD in the Redskins game was bullshyt. If you rewatch it, he was moving his feet and had perfect hand position. Broaddus said it was a pancake block. His blocking wasn't good in the TB game but it's been ok since then. He's a receiver playing TE so I give him some slack. I'm upset mainly b/c of his quality special teams play and I wanted him to compete for Butler's spot next year since he's a FA. He would have been a cheap option there. Same thing with D. Jax....another cheap player under contract for a few years. If we're going to pay some of these FA's on defense and Zach Martin we have to save money here and there. Seems like the team wanted him back too.

Man you must be trying to get on that Bryan Broadus scouting vibe. Idgaf about st like that. Its rarely a big play returning or getting returned so its kinda eh. I'm not saying he bad on st I'm saying I don't really care. I remember this nikka always holding and that again for his level of contribution was a no no.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Yeah I don't think losing Mayle is a big deal myself because of him being a holding machine.

Oh and somebody on CZ.com said they overheard Dak will not dress up tomorrow.
Ill believe the Dak stuff when I see it because they already have a shyt load of cats out already. He also might want to at least get 1 play so if they win he could have the most rookie wins record too.

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Saw this on CZ:

Dallas is 12th in the NFL with 34 sacks.
Only 3 teams in the playoff hunt have more sacks then them(GB, SEA, TB)
Over the last month Dallas leads the league in sacks

"when this defense gets a pass rush..." :leon:

waits for folks to say "look who they played"

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Saw this on CZ:

Dallas is 12th in the NFL with 34 sacks.
Only 3 teams in the playoff hunt have more sacks then them(GB, SEA, TB)
Over the last month Dallas leads the league in sacks

"when this defense gets a pass rush..." :leon:

waits for folks to say "look who they played"
another weird stat - top 5 sack teams all missing the playoffs this year. if green bay loses, the top 7 sack teams will all miss the playoffs.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Jake Butt tore his ACL. How good is he? I know we need a future TE. He'll most likely be there in the 3rd round if we want to draft him. :patrice:
Sounds like a 2 day pick we'd do. You just be new around here lol. Cowboys draft all fukked up players in the second fam not the third.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We need a tight end we can split wide and give Dak those 1 on 1s vs safeties. Only OJ and dude from Miami can do that AND block. Butt is another Witten if that's what y'all want :yeshrug:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I'm already nervous Romo's gonna die tomorrow. I just can't see why a team would trade for his fragile body and bloated contact instead of calling our bluff and forcing us to release him.

It only takes 1 team to make it happen, but all we're hearing is random speculation. There's not even a whisper about an actual trade market or what teams would offer.

The logistics of trading for a $20mil plus annual contract are mind-numbing.

Romo's contract is on the books regardless if we trade him or not. Only difference in a June 1st designation cut or trade is 5.5 mill in savings for 2017

This.

Someone will trade for him though. Im pretty sure it will be a conditional pick where the amount of games/snaps he plays determine which round pick we get.

His contract is not that scary for a new team.....it is 3 years and 54m but NONE of it is guaranteed.

He has a 14m base salary next season and 20m for 2018 and 2019. If the team trading for him doesn't want to keep him past next year, they can keep the contract as is and cut him with no repercussions.

If the team feels confident about keeping him beyond one year, they could write a new contract and easily guarantee a large portion and get his base salaries way down. Something like 3/42m with 21m guaranteed.

Another option is to restructure the current deal. ex: Romo is owed 14m for 2017 so they would give him a check for 13m and he would lower his base salary to 1m for a total of 14m........but instead of counting for 14m against the cap it only count as 1m base + 1/3 of the 13m signing = 5.33m......the other 2/3 would be added to 2018 and 2019 as dead money.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We need a tight end we can split wide and give Dak those 1 on 1s vs safeties. Only OJ and dude from Miami can do that AND block. Butt is another Witten if that's what y'all want :yeshrug:

I like OJ a lot. But I feel we would have to draft him in the 1st round or move up in the 2nd to get him. We need defensive help in the first round. OJ would be a bad pick in the first. And if we could get Butt in the 3rd, not sure trading up in the 2nd is worth it for OJ either.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like OJ a lot. But I feel we would have to draft him in the 1st round or move up in the 2nd to get him. We need defensive help in the first round. OJ would be a bad pick in the first. And if we could get Butt in the 3rd, not sure trading up in the 2nd is worth it for OJ either.
I'd t him in the first and get a dline man round 2. I can't pass up Dak,Dez,Zeke and OJ. :feedme: