Ezekiel 25:17 ...When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee - Official 2016 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
:whoa: no free agent frenzy breh... I'm fine with one guy on the defensive side that will cost but not multiple.... J smith is still on deck and there is a lot of talent on d in this draft. Going crazy on two top teir FA when we have a lot of players to resign coming up isn't the best move.

I agree cowboys need to stop gambling with these high risk high reward free agents. We all know how those never worked out for our squad in the past. I don't mind one, but lets do it by the draft.

This defense needed to be fixed years ago. We need to spend on free agents now while Dak and Zeke are in their rookie deals. Pass rushers and corners take years to develop, so yes we should continue to draft well, we need to get some real talent in here on defense. :stopitslime:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I agree cowboys need to stop gambling with these high risk high reward free agents. We all know how those never worked out for our squad in the past. I don't mind one, but lets do it by the draft.
No offense fam but what are you talking about? We haven't recently been spending big bucks on free agents. Outside of Greg Hardy who was a one year deal what other big free agents we brought in?

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
looks like wilcox and durant are out for the game. i have little knowledge of the vikings so i dont know how signficant their injuries are but they seem to have a banged up secondary.

CyhxJwLUsAAy8Lv.jpg

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
@R.U.L.E. you goin to the game on the 11th :patrice:

Im contemplating going but tickets prices are crazy :jbhmm:

Tickets in the 200s are $300 and up :francis:

Yeah man I'm still going even tho I didn't buy the tickets yet. I was hoping the prices would go down but shyts not budging so Ima pull the trigger tomorrow night as long as we beat the Vikings.

I'm going solo so if u gonna go lemme kno.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
I remember after Romo got hurt and thinking this season was going down the drain I was looking for an away game to go to.

I chose SF cause that was week 4 and no matter what, we'd still be in contention. NY seemed like the season could have already been over with.

1. I'm glad I was wrong

2. Got damn them prices don went all tha way the fukk up

Game day tomorrow.

Clinch the division next Sunday in week 14 :wow:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Chaz Green will play RT eventually and Collins will be our LG.... Leary about to cash out and I dont blame him, he's lasted longer than most ppl thought he would with that knee problem coming out of Memphis

If we cut Romo...which I expect us to do...I think we make a push to sign leary...

Dude is a MONSTER as a run blocker...this line went SSJ2 when Collins got hurt and he stepped in...

And I don't think it will take much to sign him because of his knee...I don't see anybody throwing big money at him...

I am a little shook of Carr and Claiborne though...they are going to command quite a few dollars just because they were starting corners on a team that won a lot of games...I like brown a lot but Scandrick might be washed...dude been limping around like he got a bear trap on his leg all year...

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
This defense needed to be fixed years ago. We need to spend on free agents now while Dak and Zeke are in their rookie deals. Pass rushers and corners take years to develop, so yes we should continue to draft well, we need to get some real talent in here on defense. :stopitslime:

The issue with that is you got to start with the front 4...there is absolutely no point in spending money on a better secondary if they have to try to cover for 5 seconds every play due to lack of pass rush...it doesn't matter how good that corner is...

Consequently...if you put some money in your defensive line...it will make any secondary look a lot better...since the qb is constantly under pressure and has less time to throw...

So I think we shouldn't do anything in this offseason but fix the defenisve line...specifically defenisve tackles...but on the other hand irving, thorton, collins have played well...irving and collins have flashed enough plays for me to believe they could be really good.

I actually think Lawrence is a really good defensive end...he just needs some tackles who can keep him in one on one situations on the outside...

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
The issue with that is you got to start with the front 4...there is absolutely no point in spending money on a better secondary if they have to try to cover for 5 seconds every play due to lack of pass rush...it doesn't matter how good that corner is...

Consequently...if you put some money in your defensive line...it will make any secondary look a lot better...since the qb is constantly under pressure and has less time to throw...

So I think we shouldn't do anything in this offseason but fix the defenisve line...specifically defenisve tackles...but on the other hand irving, thorton, collins have played well...irving and collins have flashed enough plays for me to believe they could be really good.

I actually think Lawrence is a really good defensive end...he just needs some tackles who can keep him in one on one situations on the outside...
I agree with this. Dont forget about our LB corps. It consist of Lee and a buncha :trash:

:francis:

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
Let Leary go. Draft a RT and an OG. Collins play LG and let Free and Green battle it out for the RT job. Use any and all money on the defense.

JPP
Sheldon
Campbell
Perry
Gilmore

Scoop up at least two of these free agents and draft another DE in the first two rounds.
:ehh:
And draft no more players who smoked weed, inhaled second hand smoke of weed, been within a 20 foot radius of weed, momma smoked weed, poppa sold weed, cut weeds, seen the tv show Weeds, name starts with a w. That probably narrows down our draft board to tim tebow but at least we wont get duped again

:mjcry:

Bout to pack a bowl of this jet fuel OG right quik to help with this sadness tho

:mjgrin: