Ezekiel 25:17 ...When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee - Official 2016 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Love 9. Gave us some great years and I hate that this may be the end for him.

On to Baltimore. This will be the best defense we will play this reg. season. Cannot let Baltimore and their piss poor offense have a big day on us. But this run defense is not like Green Bay's. The Oline must be on their game this Sunday.

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
e7ibf7.png

The shyt I see from fans makes me sick
Romo should have just had a regular press conference at his locker. Tell them he's comfortable being the backup and keep it moving. The emotional open letter has got his stans in their feelings and some of them are now viewing Dak as the enemy.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Damn. The end of an era :to:

Romo was the guy who carried us through the dark ages. We weren't shyt after Troy and before him. We were 5-11 Dave Campo status before he put us on his back.

I'll always have love for Romo. Just an awful way to end a career here in Dallas. I'm not trying to hear shyt about 2 playoff wins or 8-8. fukk that. This is a team sport and he carried some awful teams with awful defenses and awful olines that had no business winning more than 4 or 5 games with a league average QB.

Most 4th Quarter comebacks and GW drives since 2006 but the media and opposing fans have slandered his reputation and his entire career will never be appreciated because of it.

Playing for America's Team is the double edge sword. All his heroics are on national television, but nobody wants to remember that. They only want to remember the times he fukked up on SNF or MNF. He's no more fukkery-prone than guys like Peyton, Favre, Rivers, or Stafford were and are.

Romo and McNabb are the most unfairly hated on players of my generation. They did everything they could with the team around them. Not every great player gets to win titles. That's the nature of sports. TMac never won shyt but that doesn't mean he wasn't a great player. NFL QBs are either diamond status with rings or utter garbage that never won shyt. It's not fair, but that's the nature of sports.

fukk Patrick Crayton for 2007 :pacspit:
fukk Dean Blandino and our flabby defense for 2014 :pacspit:

All that being said, Dak is the QB. He has earned it. No fukking way can we put Romo back in right now or at any other point in the season. Dak deserves to play this out.

I'd rather Tony retire than have to see him wear another team's jersey :to:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Romo should have just had a regular press conference at his locker. Tell them he's comfortable being the backup and keep it moving. The emotional open letter has got his stans in their feelings and some of them are now viewing Dak as the enemy.

This

I was like why is he having a full blown press conference for this shyt. :mindblown:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Meh. The vast majority of people, if they are Romo fans or not, has no problem with it and with Dak being the future. I personally have no problem with what Romo did. That's me. This was a message also to the media to stop talking about this and support the team and the decision they are making.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
He was the face of the franchise for a decade.

We were pinning our hopes on him to legitimately carry us to a SB the last 3 years.

I think holding a press conference to basically say he is accepting the role of no longer being the starting QB for the Cowboys and that the torch is being passed is acceptable.

Some of you guys are ruthless.

You don't have to love or stan Romo. And this isn't about hating Dak or picking one over the other. But Romo going to the bench isn't the same as JJ Wilcox going to the bench. This is a franchise altering move. Let the man give his speech and be at peace.

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
Man dudes forget the shyt Romo's done.

I'll never forget that game winning drive to give us a shot at the division week 15 in 2013 against Washington where he got hurt in the third quarter. Everyone thought the injury was minor , only for it to be announced the very next day he was having back surgery due to a herniated disc and was done for the year.

Dude had to be carried off the plane by Witten and he played thru that and led us to victory; a chance at a 'win and in' situation that he couldn't take part of.

Ima keep it real. Dez is one of my favorite players. TO is my most recent favorite player too. But I can understand when people don't fukk with either of them. They can come off us arrogant, brash and flat out annoying. But Romo hate ill NEVER understand. Like dude doesn't showboat, isn't an ass, is a good dude on and off the field. I really don't get it brehs :mindblown:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Meh. The vast majority of people, if they are Romo fans or not, has no problem with it and with Dak being the future. I personally have no problem with what Romo did. That's me. This was a message also to the media to stop talking about this and support the team and the decision they are making.
The guy is passing the torch to Dak and nikkas still complaining :mindblown:

The dude can do no right according to most fans