Ezekiel 25:17 ...When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee - Official 2016 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
Just watched the Super Bowls of the 90's.

Those Super Bowl defenses were LIT. Forced 8 turnovers vs. Buffalo in SB XXVII.

My biggest takeaway from those games though is that Zeke really is better than Emmitt brehs.

I saw Emmitt go down on arm tackles, Zeke runs through those like speed bumps. Zeke also is a better home run threat, receiver, and pass blocker. These NFL analysts saying Zeke > Emmitt ain't crazy brehs.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps

My biggest takeaway from those games though is that Zeke really is better than Emmitt brehs.

I saw Emmitt go down on arm tackles, Zeke runs through those like speed bumps. Zeke also is a better home run threat, receiver, and pass blocker. These NFL analysts saying Zeke > Emmitt ain't crazy brehs.
:whoa::whoa::whoa:

He aint there yet.

That game in 93 when Emmitt seperated his shoulder was :ahh:

Godly performance :mjgrin:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Zeke is more talented than Emmitt. :dezshrug:

He's faster, stronger, quicker, and more agile. He also hurdles bytches.

Nobody is seeing Emmitt in terms of durability and consistency, though. And only time will tell if Zeke has the toughness that Emmitt possessed throughout his career.

But from a skillset standpoint, Zeke is better.

That's just the nature of modern athletics, though. It's no slight to Emmitt.

AD, Shady, Charles, and Zeke are all more talented than Emmitt ever was. None of them will ever be as productive or record-breaking as him, though.

Except Zeke :jerry:

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps

Zeke my nikka but lets not anoint him better than Emmitt :whoa:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Lol

I never said Zeke was a better player or RB or Cowboy than Emmitt. Never said we should retire his jersey. Never said fukk Emmitt or Zeke gonna break his records.

Emmitt came into the league in what, 1989? It's 2016. Training, diet, strength, and conditioning have changed. Dudes in the league today are faster, stronger, and bigger than ever before. That's just facts.

Chris Johnson had a better skillset than Thurman Thomas. Doesn't mean he was the better player.

Nobody's trying to shyt on Emmitt. Just pointing out that Zeke is probably the most talented and able RB to ever play for this team, strictly from a skillset standpoint.

It's no different than saying Dez Bryant is the most talented WR to ever wear the Star. I don't think Dez will ever eclipse Drew Pearson or Michael Irvin in terms of success or accomplishments, but neither of those 2 guys are fukking with modern age Dez Bryant.

They both had better hands than Dez, tho :tyron:

If DEs and OLBs are stronger and faster and bigger than ever before in today's NFL, why is it so hard for you all to believe RBs are now more talented now than they were almost 30 years ago?

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Emmitt Smith says Ezekiel Elliott has one thing he never had

Smith rushed for 3,928 yards and 36 touchdowns on 700 career carries in three seasons at Florida. He added 56 receptions for 463 yards and a touchdown.

Elliott rushed for 3,961 yards and 43 touchdowns on 592 carries in three seasons at Ohio State. He added 58 receptions for 449 yards and a touchdown.

Smith, the league’s all-time rusher, said Elliott already has something Smith never had.

“He’s got speed – way more than I ever had,” Smith said after The Salvation Army’s second-annual Inspiring Hope Luncheon at AT&T Stadium.

Smith ran a 4.55 in the 40-yard dash at his Pro Day at Florida in 1990, which is why he was available to the Cowboys with the 17th overall pick. Elliott ran a 4.47 at the combine.

“It’s very early, but the kid has tremendous, tremendous talent,” Smith said. “I think he’s going to be an impact player for the Dallas Cowboys for a long time. He has a great line in front of him already. If we can keep Tony Romo healthy, and keep players healthy in general, then we’ll get a chance to see his talent come to life right before our eyes. He has speed. He can take it to the house. Agility, he has that. He has soft hands, so he can catch the ball out of the backfield. He’s willing to block. So pass protection is awesome.

But according to you guys, he needs to rush for 10,000 yards and win 3 SBs before somebody can discuss his talent.

Pull your skirts down and don't be so offended if somebody says an NFL player today is more talented than his counterpart almost 30 years ago.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
Emmitt Smith says Ezekiel Elliott has one thing he never had

But according to you guys, he needs to rush for 10,000 yards and win 3 SBs before somebody can discuss his talent.

Pull your skirts down and don't be so offended if somebody says an NFL player today is more talented than his counterpart almost 30 years ago.
@Kal El said Zeke was better breh :comeon:

Zeke has played in 8 games so far. Most on here said Alfred Morris is better than him during pre-season and the first few games this year :usure:

6 games later, Now he's better than Emmitt :dwillhuh:

An im not even talking about my brehs on the coli. Cacs on CZ like erod saying he is better than Emmitt and Emmitt is the Cal ripken of Football :scust:

Cowboys fans need to enjoy the moment and the fact that we picked a great player at 4, instead of comparing him to the OG Emmitt

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
Ya'll can tell me to put away the anointing oil, but I'm ordering it in bulk on amazon brehs :mjgrin:

Zeke said earlier in the season that he didn't even know how to run the ball until THIS YEAR. At Ohio St., he just saw holes and ran.

He leads the league in rushing and is barely learning the nuances of the position. Instead of running into his own lineman's asses like in Week 1, he's learning how to be patient, find lanes, and then let his instincts take over. His vision seems to get better each week, it's crazy seeing the linear progression.
Imagine if Dak was playing this well and said, "I didn't even know how to read defenses until this year, I just slung the ball around at Miss. St. :bryan:"

He's on pace to beat Emmitt's career season high in rushing yards as a green rookie

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
@Kal El said Zeke was better breh :comeon:

Zeke has played in 8 games so far. Most on here said Alfred Morris is better than him during pre-season and the first few games this year :usure:

6 games later, Now he's better than Emmitt :dwillhuh:

An im not even talking about my brehs on the coli. Cacs on CZ like erod saying he is better than Emmitt and Emmitt is the Cal ripken of Football :scust:

Cowboys fans need to enjoy the moment and the fact that we picked a great player at 4, instead of comparing him to the OG Emmitt
I'll fight you :birdman: