Ezekiel 25:17 ...When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee - Official 2016 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
:dead:

Can't stand the heat but always posting up in our Season Thread, Offseason Thread, and GDTs. When it's convenient for you, that is.

You were constantly saying every chance you got how this Dallas defense had one of the worst and least-talented units you had ever seen. But that seems to have quieted down now that Dallas is 7-1.

What's it like going from LeSean McCoy, DeSean Jackson, Nick Foles, and Jeremy Maclin to Ryan Matthews, Jordan Matthews, and Nelson Agholor?

Maybe you guys will get lucky and a QB will fall to you with the Vikings' pick.

Nice avatar. Closest you'll ever get to repping a Winner. :jjumad:
FIXED:myman:

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Cowboys are expected to be without Morris Claiborne, who had been a key component to the their secondary’s success. Rookie cornerback Anthony Brown will continue to step in and play primarily in nickel packages. As a rookie, he says that the fluidity with which the defense communicates removes a lot of the concern that might normally come with facing a dominant playmaker. He claims the Cowboys won’t change anything in their preparation on Antonio Brown’s accord.

“When you have 11 guys playing together you don’t need to make a game plan for one person,” Anthony Brown said.

Veteran cornerback Brandon Carr was a bit more wary of downplaying the threat that Brown represents. “He’s a big challenge for us,” Carr said. “We need to know where he is at all times.”

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will be playing his second game back following midseason knee surgery and if he is feeling healthier that only makes Brown more dangerous. Carr explained that Roethlisberger’s ability to extend plays can make containing Brown almost impossible. “[Brown] has an uncanny way of getting open and catching the ball,” Carr said. “The chemistry between him and his quarterback is something you don’t see much throughout the league.”

Fortunately, Carr and the Cowboys don’t have to completely shut out Brown. They have given up catches and yards to big name receivers this season, but their bend-don’t-break reputation has kept every receiver in check.

“A guy like that, you got to know he’ll make his plays,” Wilcox said. “It’s more just concentrating on yourself and limiting your mistakes.”

“He’s in the NFL too,” the rookie Brown said. “He gets paid too. If he makes a play don’t get down on yourself. You got to compete with him. You got to go in knowing it's going to be a dog fight.”

Antonio Brown will surely watch film on the Cowboys’ defensive tendencies, but he’s also kept an eye on the Dallas offense this season. “I would say their offense does a good job of scoring points and keeping [their defense] off the field, which could be a reason for their success.”

As arguably the scariest playmaker in the league himself, he always keeps tabs on one particular player in the Dallas offense.

Dez Bryant is a top five receiver in this league,” Brown said. “He’s got great breaking points and big and strong hands. He can run every route. He’s an elite guy.”

The Cowboys would love to see Bryant use his size and strength to return to elite status this week against the Steelers, but controlling Brown and his speed may end up being the key to the game.

For the rookie Anthony Brown’s part, he maintains faith in their defensive schemes, but he doesn’t fear the idea of getting matched up with Brown one-on-one.

“I’m trying to make a name for myself so going against the best would be a good way to make a name for myself.” Read

Anthony Brown talking a little too much :patrice:. If he gets torched Sunday he better keep quiet the rest of the year.

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The Cowboys are expected to be without Morris Claiborne, who had been a key component to the their secondary’s success. Rookie cornerback Anthony Brown will continue to step in and play primarily in nickel packages. As a rookie, he says that the fluidity with which the defense communicates removes a lot of the concern that might normally come with facing a dominant playmaker. He claims the Cowboys won’t change anything in their preparation on Antonio Brown’s accord.

“When you have 11 guys playing together you don’t need to make a game plan for one person,” Anthony Brown said.

Veteran cornerback Brandon Carr was a bit more wary of downplaying the threat that Brown represents. “He’s a big challenge for us,” Carr said. “We need to know where he is at all times.”

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will be playing his second game back following midseason knee surgery and if he is feeling healthier that only makes Brown more dangerous. Carr explained that Roethlisberger’s ability to extend plays can make containing Brown almost impossible. “[Brown] has an uncanny way of getting open and catching the ball,” Carr said. “The chemistry between him and his quarterback is something you don’t see much throughout the league.”

Fortunately, Carr and the Cowboys don’t have to completely shut out Brown. They have given up catches and yards to big name receivers this season, but their bend-don’t-break reputation has kept every receiver in check.

“A guy like that, you got to know he’ll make his plays,” Wilcox said. “It’s more just concentrating on yourself and limiting your mistakes.”

“He’s in the NFL too,” the rookie Brown said. “He gets paid too. If he makes a play don’t get down on yourself. You got to compete with him. You got to go in knowing it's going to be a dog fight.”

Antonio Brown will surely watch film on the Cowboys’ defensive tendencies, but he’s also kept an eye on the Dallas offense this season. “I would say their offense does a good job of scoring points and keeping [their defense] off the field, which could be a reason for their success.”

As arguably the scariest playmaker in the league himself, he always keeps tabs on one particular player in the Dallas offense.

Dez Bryant is a top five receiver in this league,” Brown said. “He’s got great breaking points and big and strong hands. He can run every route. He’s an elite guy.”

The Cowboys would love to see Bryant use his size and strength to return to elite status this week against the Steelers, but controlling Brown and his speed may end up being the key to the game.

For the rookie Anthony Brown’s part, he maintains faith in their defensive schemes, but he doesn’t fear the idea of getting matched up with Brown one-on-one.

“I’m trying to make a name for myself so going against the best would be a good way to make a name for myself.” Read

Anthony Brown talking a little too much :patrice:. If he gets torched Sunday he better keep quiet the rest of the year.
He didn't say anything negative or diss AB.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He didn't say anything negative or diss AB.
Paraphrasing, he talkin bout we not worried about game planning for a particular player. He's a rookietalking that shyt. So like I said, he better play up to that talk. He wasn't disrespectful at all, just talking a little much. I hope he beasts Sunday, I'm just not a fan of unproven guys talking like this. Carr had to :whoa:

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Paraphrasing, he talkin bout we not worried about game planning for a particular player. He's a rookietalking that shyt. So like I said, he better play up to that talk. He wasn't disrespectful at all, just talking a little much. I hope he beasts Sunday, I'm just not a fan of unproven guys talking like this. Carr had to :whoa:
Paraphrasing, "if everyone does their job we should be straight. AB is one of the best in the league and if he gets his he gets his but I'm not going to bow down after a big catch, ima tell him do it again. We're both in this league, and I'm excited to see what I can do against one of the better wideouts in the game"
That's how I took it. He giving him his much deserved props but he's also confident.:manny: