Ezekiel 25:17 ...When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee - Official 2016 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why not? like seriously
I want to see him go out like Elway with us. It a business, but Romo put up with some bad management almost most of his career. They really just learned how to build around him.

The bigger part is i wasn't a fan furing the superbowl years. My first year following the cowboys, we went 6-10 and the next year we got eliminated by the cardinals in the wildcard. Steven a smith is an idiot but when he brags about the mediocrity of the last two decades thats my time as a cowboy fan. I understood and was taught from a young age as a football fan that its almost impossible to compete/contend in this league without a real qb. Aikman wasn't that inpressive by the time i became a boys fan. I was never hyped for the Carter selection, even after the year we went 10-6. I had to scavage through the ryan leaf/ clynt storner/ anthony wright starts. It was around this time (specifically the ryan leaf signing) that I realize jerruh was a madman and problem. Testaverde was joke. I had some hope for Drew Henson but that quickly evaporated when he coukdnt get snaps ahead of testaverde sorry ass. And then comes drew bledsoe. I wasnt a fan of this deal. I didnt hate it either. But i felt we could at least win with him but i wasnt happy about the future(long term) then in 06 preseason romo caught my eye. It was something about him. He didnt outplay bledsoe but you could see "it". That first game against carolina, i got the same feeling i had this pass sunday. Relief. Confidence. Hope. Faith. I hadn't felt that way the first 10 years i was a cowboys. Romo gave me that feeling as a starting qb of the cowboys, after i had endured 10 dfferent starting qbs previously. Thats frustrating. But for the next 10 years i always watch the whole game and entire season as long as Romo was healthy. Just always felt there was a chance to compete and contend as long as he was back there as qb.

As a fan of any team and sport, we invest time and money. The only payback really we want is to feel at the end of the day that our squad has a chance to compete, realistically. You don't do that in the nfl without a franchise qb. You dont do that in the nba without a franchise player, preferably a big. Cuz if its a wing then you need two or three franchise players. Theres not a worst feeling in the world as fan than to enter a season, matter of preseason or training camp knowing you dont have chance to comtend for a trophy that season. I haven't had that feeling in decade thanks to Romo.

Last edited:

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So now is when we close out eyes to the quality of competition :stopitslime:

We'd be 5 and 0 with Romo starting. All I wanted from Dak was to get some wins until Romo got healthy, keep us in contention. He's doing that, when Romo's healthy, he's the starter.

Lean the playbook. Take some mental reps.
That's the thing. When we first learned Romo would be out 8 weeks, the narrative was "If Dak could keep us afloat until Tony gets back..." Now after 5 games folks have decided, Dak can do more with this team than Romo. And only the last game was against what we were saying was quality competition.

Broad Street Bully

Sick & Tide Sixers/Phillies/Cowboys fan smh
Daps
Reppin
Philly. Fucc a Eagle. I mean dat.
I want to see him go out like Elway with us. It a business, but Romo put up with some bad management almost most of his career. They really just learned how to build around him.

The bigger part is i wasn't a fan furing the superbowl years. My first year following the cowboys, we went 6-10 and the next year we got eliminated by the cardinals in the wildcard. Steven a smith is an idiot but when he brags about the mediocrity of the last two decades thats my time as a cowboy fan. I understood and was taught from a young age as a football fan that its almost impossible to compete/contend in this league without a real qb. Aikman wasn't that inpressive by the time i became a boys fan. I was never hyped for the Carter selection, the year we went 10-6. I had to scavage through the ryan leaf/ clynt storner/ anthony wright starts. It was around this time (specifically the ryan leaf signing) that I realize jerruh was a madman and problem. Testaverde was joke. I had some hope for Drew Henson but that quickly evaporated when he coukdnt get snaps ahead of testaverde sorry ass. And then comes drew bledsoe. I wasnt a fan of this deal. I didnt hate it either. But i felt we could at least win with him but i wasnt happy about the future(long term) then in 06 preseason romo caught my eye. It was something about him. He didnt outplay bledsoe but you could see "it". That first game against carolina, i got the same feeling i had this pass sunday. Relief. Confidence. Hope. Faith. I have felt that the first 10 years i was a cowboys. Romo gave me that feeling a a starting qb of the cowboys. After i had endure 10 dfferent starting qbs previously. Thats frustrating. But for the next 10 years i always watch the whole game and entire season as long as Romo was healthy. Just always felt there was a chance to compete and contend as long as he was back there as qb.

As a fan of any team and sport, we invest time and money. The only payback really we want is to feel at the end of the day that our squad has a chance to compete, realistically. You don't do that in the nfl without a franchise qb. You dont do that in the nba without a franchise player, preferably a big. Cuz if its a wing then you need two or three franchise players. Theres not a worst feeling in the world as fan than to enter a season, matter of preseason or training camp knowing you have chance to comtend for a trophy that season. I haven't had that feeling in decade thanks to Romo.
:mjcry:

so eloquently stated :magicry:

Broad Street Bully

Sick & Tide Sixers/Phillies/Cowboys fan smh
Daps
Reppin
Philly. Fucc a Eagle. I mean dat.

The bigger part is i wasn't a fan furing the superbowl years. My first year following the cowboys, we went 6-10 and the next year we got eliminated by the cardinals in the wildcard. Steven a smith is an idiot but when he brags about the mediocrity of the last two decades thats my time as a cowboy fan. I understood and was taught from a young age as a football fan that its almost impossible to compete/contend in this league without a real qb. Aikman wasn't that inpressive by the time i became a boys fan. I was never hyped for the Carter selection, the year we went 10-6. I had to scavage through the ryan leaf/ clynt storner/ anthony wright starts. It was around this time (specifically the ryan leaf signing) that I realize jerruh was a madman and problem. Testaverde was joke. I had some hope for Drew Henson but that quickly evaporated when he coukdnt get snaps ahead of testaverde sorry ass. And then comes drew bledsoe. I wasnt a fan of this deal. I didnt hate it either. But i felt we could at least win with him but i wasnt happy about the future(long term) then in 06 preseason romo caught my eye. It was something about him. He didnt outplay bledsoe but you could see "it". That first game against carolina, i got the same feeling i had this pass sunday. Relief. Confidence. Hope. Faith. I have felt that the first 10 years i was a cowboys. Romo gave me that feeling a a starting qb of the cowboys. After i had endure 10 dfferent starting qbs previously. Thats frustrating. But for the next 10 years i always watch the whole game and entire season as long as Romo was healthy. Just always felt there was a chance to compete and contend as long as he was back there as qb.

As a fan of any team and sport, we invest time and money. The only payback really we want is to feel at the end of the day that our squad has a chance to compete, realistically. You don't do that in the nfl without a franchise qb. You dont do that in the nba without a franchise player, preferably a big. Cuz if its a wing then you need two or three franchise players. Theres not a worst feeling in the world as fan than to enter a season, matter of preseason or training camp knowing you have chance to comtend for a trophy that season. I haven't had that feeling in decade thanks to Romo.
So eloquently stated :to:

I cant stomach seeing romo in another jersey.:mjcry:
Think i'll have literal tears streaming down my face once that reality sets in :to: that's my quarterback man :to:

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Had the torn acl last year then now hamstring issue after barely getting back on the field

Hammy, he's already been ruled out for next game.

Dang I didn't think it was that serious. I heard he tried to give it a go in SF, but couldn't after dressing for the game. Like someone said Brown has really made not having Scandrick almost forgettable. I didn't even think about him not playing against the Bengals during the game.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
So eloquently stated :to:

Think i'll have literal tears streaming down my face once that reality sets in :to: that's my quarterback man :to:

I know I cry for romo

Last time I had tears was Monty Williams wife dying in a car crash leaving behind 5 kids last NBA season shyt shouldn't have happened :mjcry:

And Eddie Guerrero death in wwe years ago :to:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
So now is when we close out eyes to the quality of competition :stopitslime:

We'd be 5 and 0 with Romo starting. All I wanted from Dak was to get some wins until Romo got healthy, keep us in contention. He's doing that, when Romo's healthy, he's the starter.

Lean the playbook. Take some mental reps.

5 - 0 with Romo :howsway:

We'd be 5 - 0 if Cole World can hang on to a walk in touchdown catch:gully:

We'd be 5 - 0 if Dez could just make a catch in the back of the end zone :gully:

We'd be 5 - 0 if T Rex gets out of bounds :gully:

Learn the Playbook:howsway: Take some mental reps :howsway:

When you are about to set the record for most pass attempts without an interception for a rookie...the last thing you need is mental reps...:howsway:

Romo can't even run this playbook...we going to have to go back to the super predictable run up the middle throw to witten throw to dez ignore everybody else offense that has gotten us a bunch of nothing...

Quality of competition is completely moot with this team because this teams ALWAYS plays down to the team they are playing or ALWAYS plays up to the team they are playing...so it's not like dallas plays a bad team and you can five star lock they are going to win that game...they are going to find some way to fukk up enough to make that a one score game sometime in the 4th...

Well...they used to do that...when Romo was the qb :swagginaboyz:...they have actually beaten two teams this year before the 4th quarter started...:boyzaswaggin:

But you know what have it your way and let Romo keep building on his most 4th quarter comebacks because the team is somehow down 2 to the browns with 6 minutes to go in the 4th...

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I know I cry for romo

Last time I had tears was Monty Williams wife dying in a car crash leaving behind 5 kids last NBA season shyt shouldn't have happened :mjcry:

And Eddie Guerrero death in wwe years ago :to:
I wouldn't put Romo leaving in the same category as people dying:martin: