Ezekiel 25:17 ...When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee - Official 2016 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Zeke is forreal

Defense isn't all that good, again

and these next 2 games will either make or break Dakk for this season

If Romo doesn't get hurt :beli: again

We can still lose cuz of defense alone and dak can still show he is legit is all it takes

Winning makes it even more controversial but if he is still playing same way in a losing effort and it's not on him nothing gonna change people mind bout wanting him to stay qb

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Redskins, Bears, and 49ers are like bottom 10 teams in the league.

We were favorites in all of the games. Even without Romo and Dez, there is enough talent on the offensive side of the ball to outclass those teams' defensive capabilities.

And none of those teams really present that much challenge to our defense. None of those teams possess effective run games. None of them have particularly good QBs. None of them have particularly good coaches.

I was stating that although we're 3-1, I still haven't really seen anything from this team that shows they're ready to contend with an actual solid team. Cincinnati and Green Bay aren't Washington, Chicago, and SF...
Hindsight is 20/20. Outside of the Bears we could've lost them games so I'm not taking jack for granted with this team. They haven't earned that yet sorry. Hell if Cousins was half a decent QB we lose that game straight up. Dude missed like 2/3 tds on a$$hole wide open dudes in that game so I wouldn't say it wasn't a challenge to our D. If it wasn't a challenge we wouldn't have to worry about dudes missing cats running wide open down the field consistently. I know folks watch the game but I really think depending on outcome it changes how some look at the game.

As far as you not seeing anything we can only play who's in front of us and with these next few games we will begin to see whats what. I'll take the W's however they come though. It also seems like we are agreeing somewhat just your words made it seem otherwise. Either way we won against who was in front of us so fukk it it is what is until it isn't.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think y'all realize the job maliek Collins is doing low key. If he is durable I see a future pro bowl player

Really? Collins hasn't stood out to me. What is he doing in your eyes I'm missing? Maybe I'm too focused on how we have no pass rush. I hope Lawrence can give us something.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Are they even running any deep routes? Beasley and Witten aren't. Looks like Butler is more of a short-intermediate WR.

And Terrance Williams should never be thrown to in the first place.

So really, I don't blame Dak for not going deep :dezshrug:

Exactly. Given the sketchy nature of our defense, we can't afford to waste downs, so if you can march down the field with short to intermediate throws, that's what you do. I'd rather take the W than have a couple more highlight reel catches .

ndthentherewasx

El Capitan
Daps
Reppin
Tejas, Texas Sur
We can still lose cuz of defense alone and dak can still show he is legit is all it takes

Winning makes it even more controversial but if he is still playing same way in a losing effort and it's not on him nothing gonna change people mind bout wanting him to stay qb

Romo is getting destroyed in all these comment sections :mindblown:

I get it but shyt, it's hard to see :wow:

I still got faith in #9

that's our quarterback :to:

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Really? Collins hasn't stood out to me. What is he doing in your eyes I'm missing? Maybe I'm too focused on how we have no pass rush. I hope Lawrence can give us something.
Run game. Pass game ehhhhhh. That's expected of a rookie dt though. Unless you're Suh you aren't gonna come in getting sacks like that. Run defense is nice from that boy though.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm of the belief like some others that if we beat Cinci and GB Dak is my starter, I'm sorry Tony :yeshrug:. But I don't care if Dak plays good and we lose, he has to win BOTH for me to give him the job. I huge decision requires a huge statement. Beating those two teams is a statement. I don't work during either game either :blessed:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Romo is getting destroyed in all these comment sections :mindblown:

I get it but shyt, it's hard to see :wow:

I still got faith in #9

that's our quarterback :to:

I'm of the belief like some others that if we beat Cinci and GB Dak is my starter, I'm sorry Tony :yeshrug:. But I don't care if Dak plays good and we lose, he has to win BOTH for me to give him the job. I huge decision requires a huge statement. Beating those two teams is a statement. I don't work during either game either :blessed:

I'm a big romo fan myself also
He is our future but not ready to put him as starter
But only part I disagree with u bout is if we lose cuz of defense and dak is 70% completetion and over 300 yards passing no ints and our dumbass defense can't stop
Them don't see how it's his fault be no diff with romo which has happened before numerous of times

Would I start dak then I still don't know honestly but I be tempted too

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I had the cowboys losing to the Bengals and packers anyway with romo. But everything is going right to how i predicted our win/loss record so far this year. So im happy. I had that giants game a toss up

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I had the cowboys losing to the Bengals and packers anyway with romo. But everything is going right to how i predicted our win/loss record so far this year. So im happy. I had that giants game a toss up

We're not beating the Bengals AND Packers anyways, so it's a moot point.

Romo is the QB when he comes back, no matter how well Dak is playing.

Romo is Jerry and Garrett's son. It's a pointless conversation to have.

Had romo not got hurt those were the 2 games I had him get back really tested to be honest :snoop:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
man the things Arron Rodgers is going to do to us :sadcam:

Pass rush finally heated up late in game but we were getting no push early.... Gawdgers might drop 40 :sadcam:

If Dakk wins us these next 2 games then its a wrap for romo, the entire state wont allow it.