Ezekiel 25:17 ...When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee - Official 2016 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Our D is soo bad that the offense basically has to carry the team. We score 27 points but the defense will also give up 20 points as well. Thats a lot of pressure for a rookie qb.

20 points aint really shyt.. this is the NFL breh

If thats all we gonna give up, Im fine with that.

Our offense should score no less than 24 a game even on a bad day. I expect them to get 24 at least

Brandwin

Pro
Daps

Our offense should score no less than 24 a game even on a bad day. I expect them to get 24 at least

Yep. If Cowboys D can give up 21 points a game this year, I will be ecstatic. I was expecting this D to give up 30 a game. If the offense could have scored last week, Cowboys would be 2-0.

Eventually though, the offense is going to have to score much. This D isn't going to hold up every game. Hopefully when Lawrence and Gregory come back it will improve the pass rush.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I was encouraged by Zeke today. Two things I really like about him, those plays that should be negative gains he has a knack for turning into 2 yards, and he seems to run himself into a rhythm, followed up a 10 yard run with a 21 yard run. We're just going to have to have patience
That's the key word for him too, the 21yd run was because he waited for the extra block and that's what Morris does.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
Can some one explain to me what our base D looks like? I keep seeing church, wilcox and Jones on the field at the same time :mindblown: Even before the pick Church was having a really good game.

Also, is it safe to say Mo has been our best player on D? :lupe:
Church is a good safety, don't let anyone tell you different. It's hard to play your position when you have to coach your counter part which is essentially what Church was doing when Wilcox was out there.Our secondary is the best unit on our D.

I feel like Sean Lee is just out there :sadcam:

Albeit 2 games, our defense is 12th in points, against was thought to be the two high powered offense in our division. It doesn't get any better than that for a rookie QB. (Unless you got a mean running game)

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
D only gave up 20 on paper but Kirk Cousins retarded ass missed a couple of throws to wide open receivers that should have been easy TD's and of course the INT in the end zone. A competent QB yesterday would have easily dropped 30+ on us.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I will say, minus a few busted coverages, the secondary did considerably well vs a very good receiving corp (best in this division). :yeshrug:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
If Dak leads us to a 7-1 record, with 20 TDs and 0 INTs and he's leading the league in QB rating, Romo will STILL be the starter when he is cleared to play.

Are you guys forgetting what franchise this is? Who our coach is? Who the owner/GM is?
Jason Witten just echoed what you said on the radio. This is Romo's team when he's healthy.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

Completely overreacting, all Zeke needs to do is slow down and he'll be fine. Tiki Barber was a fumble waiting to happen until he changed the way he carried the ball, after that he was one of the most complete backs in the league. The only real concern on this team is the D-line because that was horrible yesterday:snoop:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Church is a good safety, don't let anyone tell you different. It's hard to play your position when you have to coach your counter part which is essentially what Church was doing when Wilcox was out there.Our secondary is the best unit on our D.

I feel like Sean Lee is just out there :sadcam:

Albeit 2 games, our defense is 12th in points, against was thought to be the two high powered offense in our division. It doesn't get any better than that for a rookie QB. (Unless you got a mean running game)

I never thought about this but you probably right :mjlol:

Church has looked a lot better playing with Jones:jbhmm: