Ezekiel 25:17 ...When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee - Official 2016 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Jesse was spittin' that hot fire during the postgame. Funny thing about the bolded is they usually do that for Dez when they're in a goal-to-go situation near the endzone. I wonder if part of the deal is the coaching staff trying to preserve Dez. His best trait is outmuscling people for catches in the middle of the field. That's also where he'll take the biggest hits. He doesn't have the jets that some of these other WRs (i.e. AJ/Julio) have, so he's not going to consistently outrun people on go routes. And his route-running isn't as crisp as AB, ODB or Fitz. So the Cowboys are stuck between a rock and a hard place with Dez I think.

Either way, those brackets aren't coming off Dez unless T-Will or Butler show out in the near future.
Preserve him for what? The playoffs lol?

I just read something crazy, Patriots won last night @AriZona without a single 1st rd pick on offense. Let that marinate before we go blaming the personnel on our offense. What does the con artist need to be successful, all-pros at every position?

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
I calmed down so heres my takeaways

-Dak played ok. First half was everything you want to see from a Rookie QB in his first game vs a good defense. Went through his progressions, found the open man, and torched that zone coverage (DCs use zone to confuse rookie qbs but he didnt get confused). The second half, the Giants got more pressure and played more Man to Man. Our receivers did a terrible job getting open for him and the o-line kept breaking down which lead to inaccurate throws.
-Zeke had nowhere to run. Ima pull up a video i seen on CZ, but there were defenders waiting for him in the backfield most of the game. The run game reminded me of that home game vs Arizona in 2014. A good d-line keying in on the run and our dumbass coaches not adjusting. Also, most if not all his runs came from shotgun. LT is on record of saying as a RB, you hate running from the shotgun.
-The O-line completely broke down in the 2nd half. Doug Free looked like a turnstile and has been and always will be a liability in pass protection. Good run blocker but poor in pass pro.
-Defense was ass, no ifs ands or buts about it. Idc if they only held the Giants to 20 points. That will happen when we dominate time of possession the way we did. The LB corps killed us this game. Hitchens was awful and shouldnt start.
-The secondary was ok. Definately the best group on defense. Mo played really well.
-Dez and the receivers let us down this game the most. With a rookie QB, you need your playmakers to make plays, and they simply didnt do that. I dont want to hear about scheme. Dez was in the slot plenty of times in the game.

Dez is the X RECEIVER. Hes on the LOS so he cant go in motion.
I had some post game thoughts about Dez that I've never had before. There's a sloppiness to his game that is staring to irk me. He's in his late 20s, this should be the prime of his career, but I've seen little to no improvement in his individual game recently. Irvin had an uncanny ability to get open underneath for 8-12 yds, I don't see that with Dez. If he wants a higher rating from Madden, he needs to come down with those catches yesterday. Otherwise get ready to fall out of the top 10 wideouts discussion. Truth hurts...but that's where I'm at right now. Done sticking up for any individuals on this team.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
I had some post game thoughts about Dez that I've never had before. There's a sloppiness to his game that is staring to irk me. He's in his late 20s, this should be the prime of his career, but I've seen little to no improvement in his individual game recently. Irvin had an uncanny ability to get open underneath for 8-12 yds, I don't see that with Dez. If he wants a higher rating from Madden, he needs to come down with those catches yesterday. Otherwise get ready to fall out of the top 10 wideouts discussion. Truth hurts...but that's where I'm at right now. Done sticking up for any individuals on this team.
Dez is still teflon for me, I cant criticize his game until a real coordinator gets in here. I call better plays for him on Madden