Ezekiel 25:17 ...When I Lay My Vengeance Upon Thee - Official 2016 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
In for a rude awakening about what? He probably doesn't come in and completely dominates his first year, but the dude has the tools to be a dominant qb in this league. I highly doubt Goff or Wentz would be getting all of this, 'let's hold off, it's just preseason' talk if they did what Dak did. In fact, Cowboys fans would be rueing letting Philly or LA go up and grab the Qb we should have gotten.

Preseason scores aren't indicative of how the season goes, but actually watching what the player does on the field during preseason can give you a fair assessment into what to expect at times. Dak has solid accuracy, poise and he gets the ball out of his hands fast. He's been playing so well, the only thing naysayers can say is that 'it's just preseason. He's not playing against REAL defenses.' If that's the case, what's the excuse for the qbs drafted ahead of him not playing on par or better?

Obviously there will be times he will struggle, and that's due to a young player still learning the game, but from what I'm seeing, the guy has the tools to be an upper echelon qb in this game. And yeah, it's not harder to look better than Cassell and Weeden, but he looks better than Moore too.
If/when yall realize he aint what yall think he is. You think the front office/coaches wanted Dak to be forced in to the starting lineup this early? Hell, Dak wasnt even their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th choice at QB. And comparing him to Goff and Wentz isnt fair at all. They both went to trash teams with bad o-lines and no weapons on offense.

All in all, its different in the regular season. Teams will game plan for him, blitz more often. Hell, even Romo has problems beating the blitz in this offense that neglects hot reads and getting the ball out quickly. You see how Romo is changing plays at the line every game? He aint doing that just for the hell of it. You think Dak is ready for all of that?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
You Dak stans are in for a rude awakening :francis:

This.

Will he be better than Cassel and Weeden? Of course. Goddamn Kellen Moore was better than both of those losers.

Just wait til Dak has a quarter/half where he throws 2 picks or holds onto the ball too long and eats sacks and/or fumbles.

We'll see how long this honeymoon lasts.

If he struggles early its gonna be a lot of "Dak Preseason" :francis:

I think he's going to do a solid job though:yeshrug:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maaaannnn, watching the other NFC teams pre season games these dudes TRASH we the best team by FAR.

Literally the only problem ion this division is gaydell becham, hes the only one doing shyt.

Eagles trash.

Giants soft.

Redskins dont impress me.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
This.

Will he be better than Cassel and Weeden? Of course. Goddamn Kellen Moore was better than both of those losers.

Just wait til Dak has a quarter/half where he throws 2 picks or holds onto the ball too long and eats sacks and/or fumbles.

We'll see how long this honeymoon lasts.

Why yall nikkas wishin bad shyt like this? Got damn...

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Why yall nikkas wishin bad shyt like this? Got damn...
Wishing?

It's going to happen.... He's a rookie QB...

He is going to have moments where he looks like the game is too fast and too much for him. There will be times where it is up to him to win us the game or convert the 3rd/4th down or keep our defense off the field and he will come up short.

I'm already seeing people in this thread talk about going 7-1 or 6-2 and shyt without Romo...

RG3 tore it up his first year. Kap went to the SB his first year. Both guys looked like they had poise, dual threat, and could make throws from the pocket. Where they at now?

I'm not saying Dak is the same as them. I certainly hope not. But some of you guys need to temper your expectations a little bit. The kid's got talent and a LOT of tools on offense to work with, but I don't expect the coaching staff and our defense to put him in a position to succeed this year.

FFS, we still have Jason Garrett being the HC and gameplanner/play designer (even if somebody else is calling the plays, it IS Garrett's offense) and this defense that allows opposing QBs literally 10 seconds to find a WR downfield with nobody within 5 yards to tackle him.

I don't know who's worse at tackling. Our DLine when they have a free run at the QB or our secondary when they have a WR run a curl directly in front of them.

Dak ain't changing the 2 worst things about this team, the 2 things even Romo couldn't overcome.

Last edited:

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Exactly, so no one here is going to throw a rookie QB under the bus for making a few rookie mistakes as you and Blue are suggesting
And he also might not be the one true savior or quick fix a lot of you are projecting him to be.

He's shown some talent, but it's anybody's guess as to who Dak Prescott is when our D is giving up 24+ a game and we're down 6 in the 4th with 2 minutes left.

Romo leads the league in 4thQ comebacks and GW drives since 2006. Dak isn't just going to come right in and replace that. And if he isn't able to, then this team ain't winning nearly as many games as a lot of you are hoping for.

All that being said, I still got us beating the Giants Week 1.

:elliott:

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And he also might not be the one true savior or quick fix a lot of you are projecting him to be.

He's shown some talent, but it's anybody's guess as to who Dak Prescott is when our D is giving up 24+ a game and we're down 6 in the 4th with 2 minutes left.

Romo leads the league in 4thQ comebacks and GW drives since 2006. Dak isn't just going to come right in and replace that. And if he isn't able to, then this team ain't winning nearly as many games as a lot of you are hoping for.

All that being said, I still got us beating the Giants Week 1.

:elliott:
Dak can take off runnin at any time and hes behind the best line in football. We can only go by what we've seen. We seen this first team offense easily move down field on every first defense so far. Even without Tyron Smith.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
I hate it for my boy Antonio...guy has given his all (literally) for this squad...and some folks ready to write him off smh...

It's cool, this a business and it's always someone fresh and new. Just know that Romo was a true professional and baller. I'm not gonna write my boy off just yet, doesn't look good tho.

If Dak can come in and manage the game, limit turnovers and doesn't try to do too much I think we can be okay. I'm not saying not to let it loose every now and then but keep us in the best position to win. He seems like he has the poise, moxie, and smarts (sorta like a young Romo) to compete and do well...

Some of y'all scare me to call yourself fans. Let's just see how this year plays out, it may surprise us more than you think :yeshrug:

Either way it's DC4L and I believe we still got a fighting chance to do something major this year