Extremely Important Announcement!!

Daps
Reppin
me
I want an invite but I know the thirst is real at the moment so if I have to wait I'll wait :to:

aside from not having custom smileys I'm sure it'll be worth it :noah:

Daps
Set it to 50 breh. Unless you're concerned about the additional bandwidth or mem/cpu load with providing the additional posts per page, it makes no sense to arbitrarily inflate the number of pages a thread has.

Too many posts per page in a pic heavy thread can be a DOG for those who have struggle connections....namely while on a cell phone.

:hamster: had it set to 15 posts by default so why bump it so high, as you put it, arbitrarily???

Especially since they're doubling the number of images allowed per post....

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Too many posts per page in a pic heavy thread can be a DOG for those who have struggle connections....namely while on a cell phone.

It arbitrarily inflates the number of pages a threads has by setting it too low, with very little benefit. A thread with only 100 posts would have 10 pages. That's 9 times I'd have to click next on the page, wait for the page to render, then start reading. If the concern is bandwidth or server load, that's one thing, but bk said that hardware isn't the problem.

And if your cell phone is using the edge network in 2013, throw yaself in the damn bushes :birdman:

:hamster: had it set to 15 posts by default so why bump it so high, as you put it, arbitrarily???

Especially since they're doubling the number of images allowed per post....

Do you really want to use what sohh did as a comparison :usure:

Daps
It arbitrarily inflates the number of pages a threads has by setting it too low, with very little benefit. A thread with only 100 posts would have 10 pages. That's 9 times I'd have to click next on the page, wait for the page to render, then start reading. If the concern is bandwidth or server load, that's one thing, but bk said that hardware isn't the problem.

And if your cell phone is using the edge network in 2013, throw yaself in the damn bushes :birdman:

Do you really want to use what sohh did as a comparison :usure:

Who gives a shyt about page numbers?????????????

Having to click next page every 15 posts <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< other folks having troubles loading pages

And The-Coli was based off :hamster:, hence the default 15 posts per page here.....who has complained about that here? :ufdup:
SOHH had many problems with it, post per page wasn't one of them.

Daps
@bdizzle there's a post over there that's just 9 posts long....only about 6 of them have pics, and maybe two or 3 actually reach the 20 image limit.

Still, we're seeing complaints:

Is there a way to have a pic limit or for all pics to be in thumbnail or re-sized version for the mobile..that jbo thread on the new site is killing my cell :to:

And I co-sign this concern.

Last edited by a moderator:

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I was on AHH too, that summer of 07 :to:

I'm still waiting on an invite to see the new forum skins

cook

Banned
Daps
sorry brehs, i think we're done with the invites. we have a lot to get ready so I really don't have time for anymore of that. i wish i could have sent invites to everyone :to: it wont be long before everyone will get to check out the new site themselves