Ex-Singaporean leader (smartest country in the world) explains why US empire will crumble if it continues with its current Playbook

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Asian nikka was like
zR-kov.gif

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
  1. Does the US have little knowledge of China
    1. Average America - sure
    2. People in the State Dept/Academics/Business Leaders - No, that's dumb
  2. Happy in its homogeneity
    1. In some respects China runs an apartheid style system. Most Americans don't realize there are minorities in China - List of ethnic groups in China - Wikipedia
    2. They suppress all types of info to keep the people in check. Ideas are literally dangerous to China. (but low key ideas are dangerous everywhere)
    3. The people aren't really happy with the regime.
  3. Primacy of the US Dollar - There's no reason to think that the US dollar being the reserve currency of the world will change
    1. China isn't opening themselves to non Chinese sellers - and 1 billion Chinese have not become the "buyer of last resort"
    2. America buys anything from everywhere - and as a result it's just easier for everyone to use the dollar. It's why the Euro isn't the reserve currency, much less the Chinese RMB, Russian Ruble, or Japanese Yen.
    3. You can invest your money here, and can relatively trust the earnings reports - because there's recourse here. The laws might not work for you and me regular people - but when shareholders sue companies, companies sue other companies - somebody in Delaware is banging a gavel.
  4. Chinese Overcapacity- he's right here
    1. It is very true that the Chinese have an overt industrial policy.
      1. Lowkey, the American military keeping the price of oil stable is a massive subsidy- thus part of our own industrial policy, but Iemme chill
    2. China has 1+ billion customers - of course their businesses are designed to serve a market that massive. China alone has 420M cars. The US has about 280M.
    3. China invested heavily into green technology - to save the planet? No, not really...but to help everyone else save the planet? Yes.
  5. Wholesomeness about Kids
    1. I'll give him this one - they heavily invest in kids and education (but it's pointless because there are not enough jobs for smart kids- said it before, and I'll keep saying it), but
      1. Singapore has one of the worst fertility rates in the world (1.12)
      2. So does China (1.16)
      3. What is his point when they don't have children, and value work over family?
  6. Keep "woke" things away?
    1. It ain't just Thailand with ladyboys - that stuff is ALL over Asia. (I dare you to google)
    2. But if he means woke is embracing different races - yeah, most of Asia is fairly racist - racist, colorist, classist in ways that most Trumpers would say "chill"
  7. ASEAN should stick together
    1. not wrong here - members of ASEAN should play China off of the US (and to lesser extents Korea and Japan). It's what Latin America and Africa should be doing too.
    2. But Phils vs China is China being an imperial power. The Chinese are doing the same thing with Russia, India, and Japan and those islands/territories.
  8. Most don't want China as an enemy
    1. I don't want my 3 neighbors with pitbulls to be my enemy either
  9. China getting bigger and bigger is good for the SEA?
    1. most of the places in SEA have a colonizer/indigenous population of Chinese. Those people own a lot of the big businesses and dominate a lot of the institutions.
He's cool on some stuff, but he's being a shill in other parts.

It's all geopolitics, no side is more moral than the other.

Reading history - the West in China, Japan, etc.... - it's understandable that all of them got the side eye for America, Europe, etc.
But they also got the side eye for each other.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I'm late, but I disagree. China is definitely expansionist. They actually have no choice but to be expanisionist, because they're on the same hamster wheel as the US. For them to maintain their autocracy, they need to continue to improve quality of life, otherwise their population won't go for the internal politics. We've seen this with Hong Kong, we've seen this with Tiananmen Square, we've seen this with their rhetoric with regard to the century of shame.

I don't know if they want to lead the world, but they definitely want to be the uncontested hegemon of East Asia.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I'm late, but I disagree. China is definitely expansionist. They actually have no choice but to be expanisionist, because they're on the same hamster wheel as the US. For them to maintain their autocracy, they need to continue to improve quality of life, otherwise their population won't go for the internal politics. We've seen this with Hong Kong, we've seen this with Tiananmen Square, we've seen this with their rhetoric with regard to the century of shame.

I don't know if they want to lead the world, but they definitely want to be the uncontested hegemon of East Asia.

As they have been historically until European colonialism. Korea, Vietnam and other states gave yearly tribute to previous iterations of China.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
  1. Does the US have little knowledge of China
    1. Average America - sure
    2. People in the State Dept/Academics/Business Leaders - No, that's dumb
  2. Happy in its homogeneity
    1. In some respects China runs an apartheid style system. Most Americans don't realize there are minorities in China - List of ethnic groups in China - Wikipedia
    2. They suppress all types of info to keep the people in check. Ideas are literally dangerous to China. (but low key ideas are dangerous everywhere)
    3. The people aren't really happy with the regime.
  3. Primacy of the US Dollar - There's no reason to think that the US dollar being the reserve currency of the world will change
    1. China isn't opening themselves to non Chinese sellers - and 1 billion Chinese have not become the "buyer of last resort"
    2. America buys anything from everywhere - and as a result it's just easier for everyone to use the dollar. It's why the Euro isn't the reserve currency, much less the Chinese RMB, Russian Ruble, or Japanese Yen.
    3. You can invest your money here, and can relatively trust the earnings reports - because there's recourse here. The laws might not work for you and me regular people - but when shareholders sue companies, companies sue other companies - somebody in Delaware is banging a gavel.
  4. Chinese Overcapacity- he's right here
    1. It is very true that the Chinese have an overt industrial policy.
      1. Lowkey, the American military keeping the price of oil stable is a massive subsidy- thus part of our own industrial policy, but Iemme chill
    2. China has 1+ billion customers - of course their businesses are designed to serve a market that massive. China alone has 420M cars. The US has about 280M.
    3. China invested heavily into green technology - to save the planet? No, not really...but to help everyone else save the planet? Yes.
  5. Wholesomeness about Kids
    1. I'll give him this one - they heavily invest in kids and education (but it's pointless because there are not enough jobs for smart kids- said it before, and I'll keep saying it), but
      1. Singapore has one of the worst fertility rates in the world (1.12)
      2. So does China (1.16)
      3. What is his point when they don't have children, and value work over family?
  6. Keep "woke" things away?
    1. It ain't just Thailand with ladyboys - that stuff is ALL over Asia. (I dare you to google)
    2. But if he means woke is embracing different races - yeah, most of Asia is fairly racist - racist, colorist, classist in ways that most Trumpers would say "chill"
  7. ASEAN should stick together
    1. not wrong here - members of ASEAN should play China off of the US (and to lesser extents Korea and Japan). It's what Latin America and Africa should be doing too.
    2. But Phils vs China is China being an imperial power. The Chinese are doing the same thing with Russia, India, and Japan and those islands/territories.
  8. Most don't want China as an enemy
    1. I don't want my 3 neighbors with pitbulls to be my enemy either
  9. China getting bigger and bigger is good for the SEA?
    1. most of the places in SEA have a colonizer/indigenous population of Chinese. Those people own a lot of the big businesses and dominate a lot of the institutions.
He's cool on some stuff, but he's being a shill in other parts.

It's all geopolitics, no side is more moral than the other.

Reading history - the West in China, Japan, etc.... - it's understandable that all of them got the side eye for America, Europe, etc.
But they also got the side eye for each other.

Apartheid, how? It's not like they keep 2 million African Americans in some form of a carceral state like America does. :mjgrin:

Strapped

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No lies told the man will destroy itself from within with hate , propaganda , lies by trying to police the world

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Apartheid, how? It's not like they keep 2 million African Americans in some form of a carceral state like America does. :mjgrin:

:russ:

For those not in on the joke...

Ol boy mentions it in the talk, most Americans are Tibet this, Xinjiang that, but couldn't find Singapore on the map....

Number of inmatesUp to 1.8 million (2020 Zenz estimate)[2]
1 million – 3 million over a period of several years (2019 Schriver estimate)[3][4]
Plus ~497,000 minors in special boarding schools (2017 government document estimate

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It was a different time, with different people, in a different order. But nothing on the rest of what I've said.

I didn't find the rest of what you said that interesting! The People's Republic of China is not an expansionist power like the United States or the Soviet Union.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
Black people stopped using 'woke' 10 years ago when it went mainstream and got appropriated by white leftists/progressives.
So what you’re saying is…

The two groups that used the term were black peoples and then politically active people?

:comeon: