Everytime I Watch Menace II Society...

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
This is the first time I ever have heard anyone debate if Kane was dead or not. From O'dog's reaction to the way Caine was gasping and his last words their was never any doubt that he was dead to me and I wasn't quite a teenager when this came out.
not only this... chauncy sent the cops the tape... they show o-dog being arrested for the murders...

what they don't show is cain being detained at the hospital for being an accessory to murder... why? cause he's fukking dead

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I feel like Sharif's death was more tragic then Cain's death.:mjcry:

Sharif was wildin like Cain and O-Dog, but changed his life, found religion and was trying to help his homies change their lives.

Even Sharif's pops(Charles S. Dutton) was proud of the man that he was becoming.

Then he get shot and killed on some innocent bystander shyt.:snoop:

photo-big-8695489.jpg
I can't watch this movie multiple times.. It's too powerful..

No way I can sit through this entire shyt again it's draining

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Cain dead as fukk :mjlol:

The real question is, O-Dog was still a minor when he got locked up, is he out of jail now 20+ years later? :lupe:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, the end of that movie hits so hard :sadcam:

I think Sharif's death messed me up the worst. With Caine, it was sad, but you knew he had it coming with all of the jacked up choices he was making. Sharif's death hit me harder just because he was the only reasonable, clear-minded dude in the movie that knew that lifestyle wasn't the business. And the only halfway positive dude on the squad had to be the first one to get smoked when the bullets started flying in the end :martin:

He was the only one trying to talk his boys out of the lifestyle they were living and trying to put them on some knowledge... that there's so much more to life than drinking, smoking, gangbanging and getting at these women. He was on his way to actually doing something with his life and making an impact in the community, but he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. That poster that mentioned his pops eariler had a great point... I wonder how his dad took the news. I guess we'll never know. :to:

Last edited:

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since seeing this flick in theaters 20 sumn years ago as a late teen/young adult, it was never a question to me that Kaine died. My last post in this thread was pure devil's advocacy. But some of you are way too deep into your feelings cuz homeboy wants to believe he's alive. It's a movie. None of the shyt really happened. If he wants to believe Kaine moved to Atlanta with Ronni and Anthony as a paraplegic, let him.

More devil's advocacy:
Maybe Stace and the gang weren't at the hospital because they were being detained to make witness statements :krs:
Maybe they deleted that scene to leave the death open ended :ooh:

Maybe Kaine wasn't shown being detained at the hospital because he's been in surgery the past 9 hours :whoo: (and production/direction wise it woulda been a stupid shot to end the movie)

:troll: