Everytime I Watch Menace II Society...

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
His "its too late" remark is directly tied to the proposition of live or die. Those are the only two choices. They are mutually exclusive. His its too late remark cant reasonably be interpreted to mean oh he could be talking about its too late to avoiding suffering the pain of being shot...no... its only in reference to him giving a fukk whether he lived OR died.

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
His "its too late" remark is directly tied to the proposition of live or die. Those are the only two choices. They are mutually exclusive. His its too late remark cant reasonably be interpreted to mean oh he could be talking about its too late to avoiding suffering the pain of being shot...no... its only in reference to him giving a fukk whether he lived OR died.
Why not show him laid the fukk out like Sharif then? There would be no room for interpretation.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
It's an artistic decision, to end with a gunshot and cut to black insread of lingering on a dead body.

but the filmmakers don't get to decide how the viewer interprets their work.

if something is left even the slightest bit ambiguous, the work can end up taking a life of its own.

yes i think it is heavily implied that he died, but an optimist might choose to look at it differently. and again considering you don't visibly see him die, you can't tell that person they're wrong.

:yeshrug:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
but the filmmakers don't get to decide how the viewer interprets their work.

if something is left even the slightest bit ambiguous, the work can end up taking a life of its own.

yes i think it is heavily implied that he died, but an optimist might choose to look at it differently. and again considering you don't visibly see him die, you can't tell that person they're wrong.

:yeshrug:
Of course someone gets to interpret a work how they want to. But as I said in my last post, that doesn't make any interpretation reasonable. And coming to the conclusion that Cain lived is unreasonable, at least based on the justification offered up in this thread "we didn't see the dead body."

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
I feel like Sharif's death was more tragic then Cain's death.:mjcry:

Sharif was wildin like Cain and O-Dog, but changed his life, found religion and was trying to help his homies change their lives.

Even Sharif's pops(Charles S. Dutton) was proud of the man that he was becoming.

Then he get shot and killed on some innocent bystander shyt.:snoop:

photo-big-8695489.jpg

:pachaha: