"Everything is on the Table" - The Chicago Bulls 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's a project for sure.

His mentality is the inverse of Pat's. Fans won't be clamoring for Matas to shoot or be more aggressive, however, fans might get turned off if he's taking tough shots and bricking like crazy.

He's a highlight and he's fluid offensively but the shooting is a work on progress.

To me, his aggression on offense and shot blocking ability are NBA ready. His handle is good for a guy that size. His athleticism and just his coordination is there in a big way.

We knew the shot wasn't there when he was drafted. He also needs to rebound better, especially if they want him playing at the 4 long term
We'll defintiely see moments where we get pissed at Pat for trying to finish weak or passing out of potential looks and then go :scusthov: when Matas takes a crazy shot or tries to dunk over 2 people or some shyt.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

MY INITIAL QUESTION
WAS GOING TO BE
IS HE BETTER THAN LAURI?

:devil:
:evil:

Lauri better pure shooter -- Buzelis much, much better shot creator at this stage. Buzelis is also showing signs of being a + on defense. He knows how to use his length, he was creating turnovers. Also saw some ability to stay in front of his man. Overall, I like how he projects against Lauri, but Lauris pure shooting was definitely better

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
he looked great, efficiency will come. his skillset at his size is outstanding. 100% passed the eye test
Yeah, I'd much rather have a dude with quality fundamentals, aggression, IQ and feel for the game who needs to sharpen his shot than a breh you gotta beg to shoot the ball or who doesn't have a strong skillset. With today's level of shooting coaching available that's too easy to improve on. The other stuff is harder to instill. And all indications show that dude isn't afraid of hard work, and he's crazy young still.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Lauri better pure shooter -- Buzelis much, much better shot creator at this stage. Buzelis is also showing signs of being a + on defense. He knows how to use his length, he was creating turnovers. Also saw some ability to stay in front of his man. Overall, I like how he projects against Lauri, but Lauris pure shooting was definitely better

Yeah, I'd much rather have a dude with quality fundamentals, aggression, IQ and feel for the game who needs to sharpen his shot than a breh you gotta beg to shoot the ball or who doesn't have a strong skillset. With today's level of shooting coaching available that's too easy to improve on. The other stuff is harder to instill. And all indications show that dude isn't afraid of hard work, and he's crazy young still.

Intelligent well written basketball analysis on the Coli???

:clap:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Sports books having a hard time to even post this team's win total over/under line.

Saw 2 lists come out with Chicago listed as N/A. So much depends on Zach and Vuc being on the roster that they can't even put a total on this team yet

:heh:

Just odd as hell

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Where are we parking when we pull up to the UC now?

:patrice:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Had a strong finish over Gobert and some impressive blocks...
:lupe:

This team should be great in transition

Last edited:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Where are we parking when we pull up to the UC now?

:patrice:
multi-level parking garages --- this plan sounds fantastic honestly

β€œWe’ll do our best to disguise them as much as possible,” Peterson said.

The United Center’s new multilevel facilities won’t look like standard parking garages, said Richard Peterson, senior project director with design firm RIOS. Each will have a rooftop park and be surrounded by retail spaces and cafes on the ground floors.

The new parking facilities will have up to three levels, shrinking the amount of land needed for cars, said Sara Disney Haufe, director of traffic engineering for Sam Schwartz, the United Center’s traffic consultant. And with more people using ride-share services and public transportation, especially if a new Pink Line station gets built, fewer total spaces may be necessary."

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
privately funded? that sounds good at least - it seems a lot better than parking lots

I didn't see the part about privately funded. but if that's the case, that's a great thing. and now that they got a damen stop on the green line in addition to the blue line stop, there's no need for all those damn parking lots.