"Everything is on the Table" - The Chicago Bulls 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:patrice:
Billy Donovan is a good NBA head coach, as evidenced by his 60.8 percent win percentage in five years with the Oklahoma City Thunder.
While he's done an admirable job keeping a subpar Chicago Bulls roster hovering around or above .500, this new-look team is far different than the one he was originally hired to lead.
DeMar DeRozan and Alex Caruso are gone. The team is trying to trade Zach LaVine and Nikola VučeviΔ‡. Josh Giddey, Coby White and Patrick Williams could eventually become something, but they aren't enough to lead this team back to the playoffs right now.
This simply isn't a good fit between coach and team anymore, especially since Chicago should want to be bad. In what projects to be a loaded 2025 NBA draft, the Bulls only get to keep their first-round pick if it falls within the top 10. It will otherwise go to the San Antonio Spurs as part of the 2021 DeRozan sign-and-trade.
Donovan and Chicago aren't going to last long. Whether it's a firing or a mutual split, expect the Bulls to look for a younger head coach who specializes in player development and for Donovan to explore opportunities with a win-now organization.
β€”Greg Swartz

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
hopefully matas can take p-wil's job and we can get vuc the fukk up outta here this season :camby:
Let's see how paid without any pressure on him Pat comes out before we write him off completely.

You see how Coby performed after getting his 2nd contract. Giddey's play style and if Zo is back somewhat gets Patrick more opportunities in transition due to their unselfish passing and pace of play.

This is chess not checkers

:youngsabo:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They picked up Kenny Lofton Jr today to join camp

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
kenny lofton huh.......:jbhmm:

him and matas will be gunning for p-wil job :mjlol:

uxhu0ja9xxcqdbkx1l7x.gif

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I was shocked Kenny lofton jr was available I thought he was a hot commodity

Then I did some research found out he only appeared to be killing us when he played us lol seems to have a issue with his weight.

I think we would have to cut bitim to add him to the roster.

Would rather bring back javonte green.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I've said it before, but essentially, the Bulls hitting on Ayo and Coby's contracts doesn't even help them add to the team because of how bad the roster is currently constructed.

They are on bargain deals but the Bulls are still against the cap and the window to add talent/salary to the team to maximize their value will be over before that's even possible.

It's like in the NFL having a high quality QB on a rookie deal with a trash roster around him. Then once you get to a point of getting bad money off your books, it's time to pay the QB... Basically squandering the years when he was cheap AF...