"Everything is on the Table" - The Chicago Bulls 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
bulls weren't winning shyt with Caruso thats not the issue.

He is a type of player to push a good team to championship level and in that respect he is more valuable to them.

how do you only come away with josh giddey. He may be good who knows, but you could have done wayyyyy better.
This, especially all them picks OKC has

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I think the trade is decent considering all factors. When Caruso being traded, last year of his deal. The fact he couldn't stay healthy and he was getting older. There was no realistic timeline to build something contending in the years left Caruso has. So let him go compete while we get our stuff together. And if I'm trading off Caruso I want a young prospect with some upside that could potentially blossom.

Not that concerned about picks for 2 reasons 1. Again Caruso last year on his deal and 2. The picks wouldn't have been worth much and just would have turned into more players destined to have a stint with the windy city bulls. There is no world where I actually believe a team was giving us 2 lottery picks or even 1 lottery pick for Caruso. Gms are not that dumb.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Finally getting that Nationally recognition we deserve...

30. Chicago Bulls

I mean... what did you expect? The Bulls play in the NBA's third-biggest market and their team-building approach appears to be "win as many games as possible without paying the luxury tax." The team is built around two overpaid perimeter scorers, one of whom is 34 and will inevitably extract and inflated contract out of the Bulls in free agency, the other of whom already got one and can't stay healthy. The Bulls gave away two lottery picks for Nikola Vucevic, who is now on one of the NBA's worst contracts. They owe another pick to the Spurs next year for DeMar DeRozan. They've held Alex Caruso hostage for the duration of his well below-market contract because of their insistence on competing for the Play-In tournament, but that means they'll either have to trade him for less value than they could have gotten in the past or extend him at a number that might be shaky as he reaches his 30s. Coby White is really the only thing to get excited about here, but even though he nearly won Most Improved Player, he didn't even average 20 points per game. Jerry Reinsdorf happened to buy the team that employed a young Michael Jordan. Since he retired in 1998, Chicago is 936-1,121. They've won five playoff series in the past 25 years. There are cheap teams. There are poorly managed teams. The Bulls are the most lethal combination of both that exists in the modern NBA. Job security isn't even a certainty here. Yes, Billy Donovan has lasted four years without making any playoff noise, but Jim Boylen didn't even last two full seasons. Tom Thibodeau got fired after five seasons in which he never won fewer than 45 games. Vinny Del Negro only got two seasons. There's nothing to latch onto here. The Bulls are a bad organization and exactly the sort of job any serious coaching candidate should avoid.

:picard:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Buzelis - 19
Phillips - 20
Dalen - 21
Giddey - 21
Pat - 22
Coby - 24
Ayo - 24
Smith - 24
Bitim - 24
Ball - 26
Duarte - 27
Carter - 28
Lavine - 29
Vuc - 33
Craig - 33

Half the team is under 25. Depending on what happens with Zach and Zo, Bulls might end up going from the 20th oldest team in the NBA to being in the top 10.

DeMar is lying if he mentions coming back because this team is close to competing for anything besides the Play-In

Last edited:

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Phillips - 20
Dalen - 21
Giddey - 21
Pat - 22
Coby - 24
Ayo - 24
Bitim - 24
#11 pick - ???

Half the team is under 25. Depending on what happens with Zach and Zo, Bulls might end up going from the 20th oldest team in the NBA to being in the top 10.

DeMar is lying if he mentions coming back because this team is close to competing for anything besides the Play-In

Start the rebuild Wednesday a day free agency trades. Bottom out next season and draft Ace Bailey 2nd overall