"Everything is on the Table" - The Chicago Bulls 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
So the consensus is he's a certified pedophile. If he does good do you root for him.

:damn:

Man this entire thread and bulls fan base will forget all about that if he balls out lol the state of Illinois is starving for any of our players or teams to shine

At first I wasn’t mad at that the bulls straight up traded player for player but I totally forgot okc got 1000000 draft picks so that’s bad

I love Caruso, but this trade's only real downside is having no picks involved. He’s an excellent defender but 1. He’s like 30 and 2. Getting up there in age while being injury-prone is never good (don’t know if I should classify him as this but he’s always missing many games during the season) and also, he was wasting away with us when he should be on a contender and at least we have a young and healthy guard to add with Coby and Ayo.

I keep seeing posters point out Giddey had a bad season last year….. it’s like I wonder why lmao it’s funny to see everyone act like he’s reached his ceiling when a dude is only 21

Not here to discuss if he's guilty or not, but clearly the allegations against Giddey fukked up his season. My fear is the guy is mentally cooked and won't progress as a player. He's playing for Chicago now. And you know everything you do in a big city is highlighted with praise or criticism times 1000000000.

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Stylistically, I can see the direction with picking up Giddey. AK has always valued size and multi-positional guys that are skilled.

Moving AC now makes taking Devin Carter at 11 stand out.

KC Johnson is reporting that Chicago is actively looking got partners to trade up or down in the draft too, so it could be a situation where they end up with 2 1sts this draft depending on how the board shakes out. Carter might be gone by 11 so maybe they trade out of that slot if he's not there.

They will be in the market for a big despite all the AK type wings that could be available for them

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Stylistically, I can see the direction with picking up Giddey. AK has always valued size and multi-positional guys that are skilled.

Moving AC now makes taking Devin Carter at 11 stand out.

KC Johnson is reporting that Chicago is actively looking got partners to trade up or down in the draft too, so it could be a situation where they end up with 2 1sts this draft depending on how the board shakes out. Carter might be gone by 11 so maybe they trade out of that slot if he's not there.

They will be in the market for a big despite all the AK type wings that could be available for them
they are looking to add a pick in whats being regarded as an all time bad draft?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
they are looking to add a pick in whats being regarded as an all time bad draft?
They need controllable cheap contracts. Now that they have a pass first guard in Giddey, it opens up the idea of going after bigs that can catch lobs and roll to the rim. It also makes slashers better with this team and transition. This draft is seen as bad because there aren't #1 options that have emerged yet. But there are a lot of guys that will probably look better without having a lot of responsibilities.

The fact that AK did this deal without holding out for any picks means he really thinks Giddey can be unlocked offensively. Now with that being the case, the Bulls will have to build a team around him... which is crazy to say. He plays best with the ball in his hands. I really don't see adding Giddey AND still bringing back DeMar making any sense.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I know one thing...

That Malik Monk deal should shutdown any contract talks with Pat in that same range. I'm really intrigued on what he is going to get this summer.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
If they are letting DeMar walk, it makes more sense. Giddey is variation of Lonzo before he got his shot together

:dwillhuh:
Going from asking for 4 picks to 0 is crazy
the spurs let demar walk 3 years ago and managed to squeeze a 1st rounder outta AKME in the sign and trade :snoop: