Everyone talks about how to "get" women on here but what about KEEPING a woman?

BruhMayne

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The only ppl I have seen keep a woman happy for years on end (including my pops to moms) is by continuously selling her the dream.

Majority of women want that movie shyt (unless you confront them about it then they pretend to be humble). Now you can front all you want and say "well if she's the one you're gonna wanna do that anyway". No, not after years/ decades go by it wont be the same. Its only human nature, but you cant let that get in the way you gotta keep selling and following through with the dream like clockwork.

No different than a woman still washing you and the kids' clothes/ dishes even when she's mad and upset. After a decade go by she's doing it because its clockwork now, not cause she just couldnt wait to wake up and make you happy. But she knows what she's gotta do to keep the team winning.

And you always gotta be cool in her eyes, whatever that entails. We've all seen women forgive men for doing the unforgivable but you rarely if ever see a woman forgive a dude for becoming or being a lame. It is what it is.

Binary

Banned
Daps
Keep a woman??

ShaqPoint.gif

:wow:
:dead:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can't front, most women can be very complicated. Let me ask you this though. Why do women sometimes refuse to verbalize their feelings and expect men to read their minds about shyt. Like I shoulda known she didn't want me to go out wit my boys even though she said it was fine. :mindblown:

You're a grown man why is going out with your boys not ok? Unless your friends just suck and you always get in trouble when you're with them other than that...

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Keep a woman?

I do my best to find a good balance b/w us...Give her some time, give myself some time, and my boys/family time as well...I try to put her first when I can (I try to do it often) and delay my pleasure...also, try and find pleasure in what SHE likes, and my girl does it for me, she hangs with me and watches sports/video games and other things she "doesn't" like...It's about seeing her happy and her seeing me happy...

can't lean too far either way, in terms of doing everything her way and doing everything your way, have to plop somewhere in the middle...keep her happy (read: not doing everything she says but do things to keep a smile on her face and heart) and I promise she'll keep you happy...

Talk to her/him, find out what makes em tick, their dreams, their goals, your dreams goals and what makes you tick...LISTEN to her/him not just HEAR her/him. Take yourself out of the way for a minute and SEE them...

just a few things I've learned in my 29 years on God's green Earth

AlreadyKnow

Southern Belle
Daps
Reppin
in your wallet
I can't front, most women can be very complicated. Let me ask you this though. Why do women sometimes refuse to verbalize their feelings and expect men to read their minds about shyt. Like I shoulda known she didn't want me to go out wit my boys even though she said it was fine. :mindblown:

I use to do this because I felt that if I had to ask him to stay with me, as in if going out with his boys was preferred OVER me, then there was no need to verbalize it. He had made his choice. Unfortunately, hiding the disappoint was impossible. I'm too old for that now.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
You're a grown man why is going out with your boys not ok? Unless your friends just suck and you always get in trouble when you're with them other than that...

Ask the chick who commented right after me and said that it's a test to see if we are willing to sacrifice for them.

I know you didn't ask me but can we agree that some men do the same thing? To answer your question though, it's just a test for some chicks. We want to see if you're going to put us before your boys. Verbally we are saying yea go have fun, mentally we are thinking, " bae stay in with me and chill for the night"....personally I understand a balance. We both need space from each other (i don't want to be up under him 24/7 nor vice versa), but sometimes we want you to surprise us and say "you know what bae let's jus do us tonight" of course I'm not speaking for every chick

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
best way to keep a woman is to be the best person you can be for you, don't violate your code and principles, provide the right options to her and that's it. After that, it's up to her to choose.

If you,re trying to keep a woman for the sake of keeping her, you're not on a good path. Best way to keep her happy is to be happy first and THEN once you're there, be in-tune with what she wants or need. Figure out if it would compromise your happiness. If it does, don't do it. if it doesn't, figure out a way to provide it so that your woman can be happier and THEN have the will and desire to help support you. But if she doesn't want to subscribe to that program, you better not try to keep her. Let her go and find another one.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Good thread(never thought I'd say that about a Sierra mist thread:snoop:)

But yeah knowing how to keep a woman is more important than knowing how to get a woman, unless you're just out here fukking bytches and don't want to keep them.

I keep my wife by being the absolute best I can be and treating her like the queen she is. I'm her leader and I make her feel confortable and proud to be led by me. I am also her friend and counseler when she needs it. She knows that I make all decisions with her/our best intrest at heart so even if she disagrees or I slip up she still trusts and believes in me.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
its not like you own her. shes not a prisoner. let the handcuffs go. if a womans not trying to be with you, then you shouldnt be trying to "keep" her. if shes not feeling who you are and wants to go, let her and go get another woman.

this is really a two sided question, because if someones trying to leave, you have to ask yourself what were they doing to try and "keep" you? I dont suggest forcing anything or making someone want to be with you. if so, let her go.

I don't think he literally meant tryin to handcuff or keep a chick as if they're trying to leave. I think he meant 'maintaining' a relationship and things you can try to do to keep it from getting old and monotonous.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

I know you didn't ask me but can we agree that some men do the same thing? To answer your question though, it's just a test for some chicks. We want to see if you're going to put us before your boys. Verbally we are saying yea go have fun, mentally we are thinking, " bae stay in with me and chill for the night"....personally I understand a balance. We both need space from each other (i don't want to be up under him 24/7 nor vice versa), but sometimes we want you to surprise us and say "you know what bae let's jus do us tonight" of course I'm not speaking for every chick:queen:

you know what...i think I speak for all men when I say that the reason this kind of testing/thinking makes you lose is that:

more likely than not, if your boyfriend is decent he has already done these things. You may not know it but behind the scenes your boyfriend would've likely made sacrifices (such as chilling with the boys) to accomodate you but he just didnt shove it in your face because he knows sacrifices are sometimes needed.

Maybe he was tired as fukk after work and would've rather got home early and got good rest...but he decided to pay you a visit / stay at your place instead because you told him you missed him.

Maybe on the way to your house another day when he was supposed to isit....his boy called him saying he just got press box tickets to the ball game and invited him. He didnt wanna make you mad so he declined as much as he didnt want to.

If he woulda mentioned this while yall cuddling later in the night, you likely would've said,

"You should've went home, we couldve chilled another day :("
"You shouldve went to the game. I had no idea you had a chance to go :("

And the guy would've went :childplease:

If a guy tells girls these things, girls tend to think the guy is making excuses, that he's selfish or he's lying not recognizing that maybe just last week he made a sacrifice and didnt want to this time. Girls need to think about what goes on behind the scenes. I find that many women at least in my age group dont look at things from the perspective of their partner. It can be a case where the boyfriend does something the girl considers negative due to her...but she doesnt see his rationale as valid. Or it could be behind the scenes things like i just said cause likely from your point of view you'd probably just think:

He wants to visit me cause he misses me and wants my company :manny:

WRONG :pachaha:

Just my two cents

AlreadyKnow

Southern Belle
Daps
Reppin
in your wallet
Been with mine for 9 years. I would go to hell and back for her. Y? Because she is what I need in life. There since the beginning. And in my mind. That's more important than anything. She got my back when I'm up when i down and always there by my side when I need it. I know there are plenty of females that can be like that too. Maybe I crave and act on other girls but there ain't hat connection. For me though, cuz I know girls always feel connected when mating with someone they are attracted too. I do what I need to do. Take her out. I'm a sucker for kissing and hugging her. I may suffocate her with that but I'm sure she loves it. I make sure she knows she's the love of my life. I'm not perfect. I can and have been quite the womaizere. But I also think I got good husband traits too. I cook and clean all that jazz and take her out. I do things behind her back like blaz but we all got our vices. I dunno though. I feel like if I put my all in it. Any woman I can get I can keep too.but son girls I just want the milk. Not the whole cow. Widely is most important person in my life.I'll kids come into the equation

^^^ Honest post. :inlove: I bet she is very happy.

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How about being a fukking adult and saying whats really on your mind. When women test their men like this, they always lose. Even when they win, they still lose in the end.
exactly why not try to get to know dude testing a nicca fukk outta here this aint college