Reppin
NULL
And unless I missed it I'm surprised nobody mentioned James Cameron

Terminator
Terminator 2
Aliens
True Lies
Titanic

Hard to gauge if Avatar is a classic or not, the experience was amazing, but the film is kinda meh.

The Abyss is a good film, but doesn't hold up and isn't remembered by very many people.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Because the damn movie exists in a vacuum. It's not a film that most people go back and watch over and over again, nobody quotes that movie, a lot of people don't even remember the damn movie tbh. The prestige is better than inception, but inception made a larger cultural impact.

Memento is a classic and is more underground than the Prestige. I see people debate alot of shyt about the prestige and marvel at the layers and complexity in the writing.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Because the damn movie exists in a vacuum. It's not a film that most people go back and watch over and over again, nobody quotes that movie, a lot of people don't even remember the damn movie tbh. The prestige is better than inception, but inception made a larger cultural impact.

I know like 5 people who say the prestige is there favourite movie of all time. It's definitely a classic, even more so than inception.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
no director has an "all classic movie" record. Kubrick and Sergio leone are the closest ones tho

BlackMafia

Superstar
Daps
Alien 3? Fincher is my favorite director but nah
Alien 3 is underrated af imo.

The game...i think it's a coo flick but not classic. Benjamin buttons? Nah.
The Game is a certified cult classic. One of my favourite movies of all time. Benjamin Button is probably his weakest film, but still a good watch and very original movie.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Alien 3 is underrated af imo.

The Game is a certified cult classic. One of my favourite movies of all time. Benjamin Button is probably his weakest film, but still a good watch and very original movie.

Yeah very good but very good ain't classic lol. Just because you really like something doesn't make it a classic. shyt I love Da Storm by OGC but it ain't no classic. Just a really good album by good rappers. Benjamin button is good but it's no classic. And I don't give a damn how underrated alien 3 is its no classic.

BlackMafia

Superstar
Daps
Yeah very good but very good ain't classic lol. Just because you really like something doesn't make it a classic. shyt I love Da Storm by OGC but it ain't no classic. Just a really good album by good rappers. Benjamin button is good but it's no classic. And I don't give a damn how underrated alien 3 is its no classic.
Okay I'll give you B Button, but I stand firm on Alien 3 being a cult classic. And I've read many articles about how underrated A3 is so I'm not the only one.

Also, Da Storm IS a classic m'fukka. Along with the The M-Pire Shrikez Back. You trippin'.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Okay I'll give you B Button, but I stand firm on Alien 3 being a cult classic. And I've read many articles about how underrated A3 is so I'm not the only one.

Also, Da Storm IS a classic m'fukka. Along with the The M-Pire Shrikez Back. You trippin'.

Homie cult classic isn't classic. Cult classic means a group of people feel strongly about it and love it. Classic is something across the board recognized as a seminal piece of work. Alien 3 isn't recognized as a seminal work especially when the director himself shyts on it and disowns it. Does that mean there aren't people who can love it? Of course not. Does that mean the people who do love it can't be passionate about it? Hell nah. But it does mean it's not this universally reveered thing like jaws or The Godfather or 2001.

And nah man can't say it's a classic. I love it but It's not an album that set the world on fire or made an impact. Again loving something doesn't mean it's a classic. Illmatic is a classic. The chronic is a classic. Death certificate is a classic. Da Storm is another good 90s hip hop album, of which there were plenty

BlackMafia

Superstar
Daps
Homie cult classic isn't classic. Cult classic means a group of people feel strongly about it and love it. Classic is something across the board recognized as a seminal piece of work. Alien 3 isn't recognized as a seminal work especially when the director himself shyts on it and disowns it. Does that mean there aren't people who can love it? Of course not. Does that mean the people who do love it can't be passionate about it? Hell nah. But it does mean it's not this universally reveered thing like jaws or The Godfather or 2001.

And nah man can't say it's a classic. I love it but It's not an album that set the world on fire or made an impact. Again loving something doesn't mean it's a classic. Illmatic is a classic. The chronic is a classic. Death certificate is a classic. Da Storm is another good 90s hip hop album, of which there were plenty
I don't really care about the whole certified classics vs cult classics vs personal classics debate. I know what I like vs what I love. Everyone has their own opinion of what a classic is. TDKR is a classic IMO, but ya'll say otherwise. I can state reasons why it is and ya'll can state why it isn't. There's no certification to make something officially a classic so it's all relative. People call that shytty ass Sharknado movie a classic.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't really care about the whole certified classics vs cult classics vs personal classics debate. I know what I like vs what I love. Everyone has their own opinion of what a classic is. TDKR is a classic IMO, but ya'll say otherwise. I can state reasons why it is and ya'll can state why it isn't. There's no certification to make something officially a classic so it's all relative. People call that shytty ass Sharknado movie a classic.

So if it's all personal then what are we basing it on? If I say Joe dirt is a classic am I right?

BlackMafia

Superstar
Daps
So if it's all personal then what are we basing it on? If I say Joe dirt is a classic am I right?
I've heard people say Joe Dirt is classic, so it may be to some. I wouldn't argue that. Look at TCM (Turner Classic Movies) and all the movies that come on there. Not all of those movies are on IMDB 200 or classic lists, but they still are movies that we love and can watch anytime. I think that's what really matters when talking about classics. If you can still love it years later, then it can be a classic. Also, a movie that might be less loved in America may be loved in another country so the term classic will always be debatable.
Example:
dreamworks-simple-jack-retard-movie-offended-people-so-we-took-site-down.jpg

I know Tropic Thunder was fake, but it made a good point that one mans trash is another mans treasure. Not everyone is a student of film, so even "bad" films can be classics to people that don't watch everything.