EVERY QUINTEN TARINTINO MOVIE IS A CLASSIC

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Death proof suffered from being basically a movie of non stop talking in a double feature so when it comes on yur already ready to leave. I havent seen it since it dropped but idk if it was bad or anything...

All his movies are all 7.5/8 or better besides that one.

Kill bill is prolly my fav of his flicks but he has ATLeAST 3 10/10 flicks. And a fistful of 9's.

And id easily put him up there with any director that started in the 90s or later. In that timeframe hes top 3 every flick is enjoyable.

I wouldnt say hes better than say spielberg or scorcese tho.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Death proof suffered from being basically a movie of non stop talking in a double feature so when it comes on yur already ready to leave. I havent seen it since it dropped but idk if it was bad or anything...

All his movies are all 7.5/8 or better besides that one.

Kill bill is prolly my fav of his flicks but he has ATLeAST 3 10/10 flicks. And a fistful of 9's.

And id easily put him up there with any director that started in the 90s or later. In that timeframe hes top 3 every flick is enjoyable.

I wouldnt say hes better than say spielberg or scorcese tho.
Those two barely if at all write the scripts. As a screenwriter, it's a taxing job that they no longer endure. Quentin writes his films.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
Those two barely if at all write the scripts. As a screenwriter, it's a taxing job that they no longer endure. Quentin writes his films.
True but they also do different types of films.

Spielberg can do jaws jurrassic park schindlers list saving private ryan et etc

Qts movies are generally dialogue based with different backdrops. Apples and oranges.

bigillwill06

All Star
Daps
To me its a big difference between an entertaining movie and a classic... Entertaining movies are good for a couple views while classics are must owns. IMO tarantinos only must owns are pulp fiction... reservoir dogs and Jackie brown are debatable. He's made a lot of entertaining movies imo tho! Nothing below a 7/10 for me besides deathproof..

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
True but they also do different types of films.

Spielberg can do jaws jurrassic park schindlers list saving private ryan et etc

Qts movies are generally dialogue based with different backdrops. Apples and oranges.
You brought them up.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think we're far enough from all of his movies except Django and hateful 8 to really assess their impact on film culture. Which is why I stand by what I said though. There's no denying his first two movies. They changed the game for better or for worse. Jackie brown is slept on but at the time was his best "film" in that cliche sense. Kill bill also changed the game too by bringing back a grindhouse aesthetic a lot of people tried to copy. Again for better or for worse. Inglorious b*stards is just dope from start to finish so I feel like it deserves that classic status as well.

But hateful 8 and death proof aren't on that level. That's not to say they're bad by any means but they feel lesser than his master stroke shyt. Like someone said he may not be as varied as Spielberg or Scorsese or even spike lee but he has his own voice and that counts for a lot in my book. Especially when that voice has been often imitated for 20 plus years and no ones been able to copy it perfectly. We've seen someone like JJ make a Spielberg movie. We've seen Paul Thomas Anderson and David Russell make Scorsese movies or their version of one. Tarantino can't be copied but that doesn't mean he's always hitting home runs either

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Spielberg put out too many movies for them all to be classics

Mean Streets, Shutter Island, the avaitor, and that Japanese movie disqualify Scorcese.

Crazy talk. Mean streets is the basis for just about every hood movie to come out... Menace II Society, Boyz N tTha Hood and a ton of other flicks all took notes from that movie.

Shutter Island and Aviator are far from great but solid films. Silence is a movie that is going to be considered a great film years from now..

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Crazy talk. Mean streets is the basis for just about every hood movie to come out... Menace II Society, Boyz N tTha Hood and a ton of other flicks all took notes from that movie.

Shutter Island and Aviator are far from great but solid films. Silence is a movie that is going to be considered a great film years from now..
Mean Streets :ohlawd:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
TDKR, Prestige, Inception, Interstellar, Dunkirk, Insomnia are all not classics. I'd say Memento, Begins and TDK are his only classics and maybe not even Begins
a classic movie doesnt have co be flawless