EVERY QUINTEN TARINTINO MOVIE IS A CLASSIC

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Okay I'll give you B Button, but I stand firm on Alien 3 being a cult classic. And I've read many articles about how underrated A3 is so I'm not the only one.

Also, Da Storm IS a classic m'fukka. Along with the The M-Pire Shrikez Back. You trippin'.
A3 directors cut is pretty good. But I don't think it's a classic. Fincher was young when he made it and they didn't trust him to have full creative control

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
A3 directors cut is pretty good. But I don't think it's a classic. Fincher was young when he made it and they didn't trust him to have full creative control
I've only seen the DC version and I love it. I read up on all the different versions of A3 and I appreciate what David was able to do with the BS that movie script went through.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I've heard people say Joe Dirt is classic, so it may be to some. I wouldn't argue that. Look at TCM (Turner Classic Movies) and all the movies that come on there. Not all of those movies are on IMDB 200 or classic lists, but they still are movies that we love and can watch anytime. I think that's what really matters when talking about classics. If you can still love it years later, then it can be a classic. Also, a movie that might be less loved in America may be loved in another country so the term classic will always be debatable.
Example:
dreamworks-simple-jack-retard-movie-offended-people-so-we-took-site-down.jpg

I know Tropic Thunder was fake, but it made a good point that one mans trash is another mans treasure. Not everyone is a student of film, so even "bad" films can be classics to people that don't watch everything.

I'm not disagreeing with that at all. I'm just saying there has to be some standards man lol. There's something you think is a classic to you. That's personal. Rock n rolla is a personal classic for me. But I also understand it's not going to be on any list of the greatest films of all time. And I'm cool with that. So for me there has to be a baseline

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I hate Tarantino, I feel like he fetishes black people. And uses excessive n words in movies even where they don't make sense to have it.
Django , ok makes sense.
Reservoir Dogs? No , its not a movie about race relations.it's characters don't necessarily have a background that would jusify it(they're a bunch of white guys from LA a more liberal than conservative area) (Yes liberals can be just as racist but does literally every one talk like this? You could have just as easily not said the n word and leave no plot holes) Why are they talking about ****** cocks? shock value?

Black culture for him amounts to being a sexually deviant, badass. You give him a pass because the movies are still good. But they amount to little more than blaxploitation. I mean he literally did two remakes of actual blaxploitation films and yall still eat that shyt up.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
I'm not disagreeing with that at all. I'm just saying there has to be some standards man lol. There's something you think is a classic to you. That's personal. Rock n rolla is a personal classic for me. But I also understand it's not going to be on any list of the greatest films of all time. And I'm cool with that. So for me there has to be a baseline
Why do we have to base it off of lists though? There's so many lists out there. I've also heard people call Rock N Rolla a classic. Most of the lists I read are from UK/Europe sites, so I know they call different stuff classics than NA. The #1 song in UK might not even chart in the US. Every list from around the world will always be different, so no classic list will be the right one IMO. I take these lists with a grain of salt. Like Scarface is a classic in the hood, but if you ask The Film Room, it's not.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Why do we have to base it off of lists though? There's so many lists out there. I've also heard people call Rock N Rolla a classic. Most of the lists I read are from UK/Europe sites, so I know they call different stuff classics than NA. The #1 song in UK might not even chart in the US. Every list from around the world will always be different, so no classic list will be the right one IMO. I take these lists with a grain of salt. Like Scarface is a classic in the hood, but if you ask The Film Room, it's not.

Standards basically. If everything is a classic nothing is a classic. The idea of a classic is something rare. Something unique. If everything is a classic the word and the title gets diluted

Same reason not everyone is in the hall of fame. There are a lot of great players in every league but you have to be special to be in the hall.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Standards basically. If everything is a classic nothing is a classic. The idea of a classic is something rare. Something unique. If everything is a classic the word and the title gets diluted

Same reason not everyone is in the hall of fame. There are a lot of great players in every league but you have to be special to be in the hall.
Well this is just an internet forum, so the word classic is gonna get thrown around no matter what. I just embrace it and do my research if I disagree. Like we had a thread once on Citizen Kane being a classic and I watched that shyt after and didn't get the hype. Then another thread put me on The Raid movies which I was never interested in and now that shyt is in my Top 10 classic action movies.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Well this is just an internet forum, so the word classic is gonna get thrown around no matter what. I just embrace it and do my research if I disagree. Like we had a thread once on Citizen Kane being a classic and I watched that shyt after and didn't get the hype. Then another thread put me on The Raid movies which I was never interested in and now that shyt is in my Top 10 classic action movies.

That's fair. No disagreement at all. And just because something is considered a classic by most doesn't mean you have to agree but that also doesn't mean it won't have that title. I'm not a big fan of 2001. Someone who shall go nameless thinks French connection is awful lol but the movies have the title they have and it is what it is. Same with music. I know plenty of people who aren't fans of illmatic but they acknowledge it's place and why it has that place. But even on an Internet forum I'm not tossing that word around like that because it's tossed around way way way too much. Like I said it's diluted at this point and really doesn't mean shyt apparently

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
That's fair. No disagreement at all. And just because something is considered a classic by most doesn't mean you have to agree but that also doesn't mean it won't have that title. I'm not a big fan of 2001. Someone who shall go nameless thinks French connection is awful lol but the movies have the title they have and it is what it is. Same with music. I know plenty of people who aren't fans of illmatic but they acknowledge it's place and why it has that place. But even on an Internet forum I'm not tossing that word around like that because it's tossed around way way way too much. Like I said it's diluted at this point and really doesn't mean shyt apparently
Well to be fair, I only call shyt classic that I've also seen on other peoples top rated lists or have heard others say. I know what you mean though about having that "title", but I'll still argue stuff I hold dear just to ruffle feathers and start a debate.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
:dead: