EVERY QUINTEN TARINTINO MOVIE IS A CLASSIC

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
True but they do have to have an impact. I would say the dark knight trilogy overall is classic but not the last movie. The first two definitely.
tdkr didnt have an impact? One of the most anticipated movies of all time? It is the weakest movie of the trilogy but it's a classic because of the first two movies. What are ppl gonna do? just watch the first 2 and skip tdkr?
Ppl talk about how bad the godfather 3 is but still watch it and talk about it to this day. Mainly because of the first 2 movies, but still.
The same with the star wars prequels, the hobbit etc.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
tdkr didnt have an impact? One of the most anticipated movies of all time? It is the weakest movie of the trilogy but it's a classic because of the first two movies. What are ppl gonna do? just watch the first 2 and skip tdkr?
Ppl talk about how bad the godfather 3 is but still watch it and talk about it to this day. Mainly because of the first 2 movies, but still.
The same with the star wars prequels, the hobbit etc.

No. Anticipation doesn't mean it has impact as far as artificially or even culturally. In fact the one big thing from that movie is sadly aurora co in my opinion. That became the event of the movie rather than the movie itself being the event.

And yes you can just watch the movies you choose. Godfather is my favorite movie of all time and I watch godfather 2 right after it but you couldn't pay me to watch godfather 3. And I own it because it was included in the trilogy. Ask any lord of the rings fan and I feel like most of them will tell you they ignore the hobbit and won't include it in their viewing unless they're completist which I get.

But I got no problem not watching a movie. Especially with godfather 3 which, as Coppola said, is a prologue to his story and wasn't even necessary. If the director says it's just extra why would I value it?

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
True but they do have to have an impact. I would say the dark knight trilogy overall is classic but not the last movie. The first two definitely.
And the test of time and there's other things. Begins is the one that teeters on the edge of classic but if somebody said it isn't a classic I'd understand. I mean any time anybody talks to me about TDK trilogy they don't really bring up scarecrow or Ra's Al Ghul or really anything from it. They can quote bane but also that movie is a snoozefest.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
All in all, QT do have classics. IDK if I'd put Hateful 8, Deathproof or even Django up there. Django is up there tho. But idk. Nolan has two at least with it being a possible three at best.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I think we're far enough from all of his movies except Django and hateful 8 to really assess their impact on film culture. Which is why I stand by what I said though. There's no denying his first two movies. They changed the game for better or for worse. Jackie brown is slept on but at the time was his best "film" in that cliche sense. Kill bill also changed the game too by bringing back a grindhouse aesthetic a lot of people tried to copy. Again for better or for worse. Inglorious b*stards is just dope from start to finish so I feel like it deserves that classic status as well.

But hateful 8 and death proof aren't on that level. That's not to say they're bad by any means but they feel lesser than his master stroke shyt. Like someone said he may not be as varied as Spielberg or Scorsese or even spike lee but he has his own voice and that counts for a lot in my book. Especially when that voice has been often imitated for 20 plus years and no ones been able to copy it perfectly. We've seen someone like JJ make a Spielberg movie. We've seen Paul Thomas Anderson and David Russell make Scorsese movies or their version of one. Tarantino can't be copied but that doesn't mean he's always hitting home runs either

I thought hateful 8 was kind of boring but a lot film makers and critics consider it a classic in terms of craftsmanship and a testament of to doing a lot with a little. It was shot as more of a play and will be studied in film schools for years to come. QT managed to tell a compelling who done it almost entirely filmed in a shed.

I'll give you death proof

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
And the test of time and there's other things. Begins is the one that teeters on the edge of classic but if somebody said it isn't a classic I'd understand. I mean any time anybody talks to me about TDK trilogy they don't really bring up scarecrow or Ra's Al Ghul or really anything from it. They can quote bane but also that movie is a snoozefest.

I'd call begins a classic purely for the fact it changed the game much like dark knight. So many other franchises used batman begins as a template for how to reboot their properties. Some more successful than others

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Spielberg put out too many movies for them all to be classics

Mean Streets, Shutter Island, the avaitor, and that Japanese movie disqualify Scorcese.
you do realize these are hailed movies?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
the hateful 8 could have been something if he didn't insert his macabre preoccupation with a
black dikk :scust:

u can count on dope music in his films, i'll say that much:manny:
This was the movie that confirmed to me that he has a sick fetish :hhh:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
lots of terrible movies are classics... imo, kickboxer and bloodsport are classics.
the term classic is thrown around to much, in music and in film. An album, a movie has to stand the test of time to be a classic. You just cant say that Damn is or wont be a classic, just like you can't say that the hateful eight is or it wont be a classic.

A better convo would be, which director never made a bad movie :jbhmm:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
lots of terrible movies are classics... imo, kickboxer and bloodsport are classics.
the term classic is thrown around to much, in music and in film. An album, a movie has to stand the test of time to be a classic. You just cant say that Damn is or wont be a classic, just like you can't say that the hateful eight is or it wont be a classic.

A better convo would be, which director never made a bad movie :jbhmm:

:dwillhuh: Breh, this some real shyt. I used to watch the shyt out of Bloodsport as a kid and knew hands down it was a classic. Last year I pulled it up because I make my kid watch all the classics and I was taken aback at how bad the acting & choreography was in that movie:picard: Them kid eyes gloss over a whole lot of details. shyt still a classic doe:hubie:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:gucci::usure: Prestige is his best movie, how is it not a classic?

Because the damn movie exists in a vacuum. It's not a film that most people go back and watch over and over again, nobody quotes that movie, a lot of people don't even remember the damn movie tbh. The prestige is better than inception, but inception made a larger cultural impact.